Best bike you've ever owned ( motorbike)

sishyplops

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently own a CB450, but never ridden one in anger. I need to get it roadworthy. I hankered after one back in the late '60s, but decided I couldn't really afford it and would likely kill myself if I did! Then moved on to 4 wheels - a lot safer! - but I did like the one eighty cranked Hondas more than my Honda 175 at the time.

RAB

I thought my black and red Kenny Roberts replica elsie was good, Until I bought a pearl and red GSXR750j. Then a yellow and Purple CBR900rv !

Did Europe twice on the Blade and it was a fantastic bike that safely took me around corners that should have had me on my ****. But it never had road feel of the other two,

2007 Husaberg FS650e with a Silmoto race exhaust system, carb rejetted, deep sump plug and Boysen Quick Shot fitted, final drive gearing lowered a bit with a smaller front and slightly larger rear sprocket just to make it a bit more interesting to ride.

Perfect fueling on the dyno and did 55 BHP with the clutch slipping. Fairly interesting to ride seeing as it weighs about 110 kilo dry.

can be a bit hairy to ride, but put some effort into it and it all suddenly works and starts to make sense

Most comfortable and relaxing - VFR 750

Most fun in the twisties - RVF 400

Best on the track - GSXR 600K3

Best for popping up the front - VTR 1000

Best for silly fast - R1

Best for the dirt - WRF 450

Best for blowing up and learning how to do a rebuild - RS250

Best to sit and look at - RSVR Mille

They all have pros and cons. Should never have sold any of the above

CB250, brand new, killed by a car.

GT250, nice two stroke, killed by a car.

CB400, silly purple and lime green paintjob.

KH250, lovely bike in green.

CB900, old school honda with a big silver engine and a cut down marshall pipe.

CB900RR, early foxeye blade, fast in the twisties.

GSXR1000K1, that was new as well, fastest bike I owned, pity I traded it in.

GSX1400, comfy but not as fast.

GSXR750WN, streetfighter I built myself with a show winning paintjob, This one I do miss.

ZZR1100D, fast bike but brakes not so good.

R1200GSA TE, my latest bike, bought last August and delivered shiny and new in September. Not as fast as some of my other bikes, but you know what it's the best bike I have owned. It puts a smile on my face every time I ride it, even in the depths of winter on my commute to work. :good:

First moped, on the farm was a Phillips Dandy (!) - still got it.

Then a Garelli step thru thing, ("Katia M" ? )also still in the shed

then a Honda SS50, as above

Then a Suzuki B120, same again (!)

First road moped was a Honda PC50, then put the B120 on the road, had a KH250, but it was a nightmare - either warp 9 or being overtaken by pedestrians... kept it a week, I'd kept me B120 anyway.. so..

Then a 400-4, which was lovely, then a 750-4 and then me current bike is a full power V-Max, in purple, which I love, but due to failing health haven't ridden properly for a while.. ho hum. People moan about the handling of these, but you have to ride it properly - I.E. weight shift - and then its bloody quick!!!

First moped, on the farm was a Phillips Dandy (!) - still got it.

Then a Garelli step thru thing, ("Katia M" ? )also still in the shed

then a Honda SS50, as above

Then a Suzuki B120, same again (!)

First road moped was a Honda PC50, then put the B120 on the road, had a KH250, but it was a nightmare - either warp 9 or being overtaken by pedestrians... kept it a week, I'd kept me B120 anyway.. so..

Then a 400-4, which was lovely, then a 750-4 and then me current bike is a full power V-Max, in purple, which I love, but due to failing health haven't ridden properly for a while.. ho hum. People moan about the handling of these, but you have to ride it properly - I.E. weight shift - and then its bloody quick!!!

Any chance of a picture of your ss50 ? - that was my first bike, bought for me when I was 8 years old to use on our local aerodrome. Havnt seen one for so many years.