Wedding gift list?!

sandspider

Hi all

Bit of a random question, but I'm guessing some, none or fewer of the PW massive will have been through this.

I'm looking for a decent wedding gift list (i.e. somewhere we can list a few actual physical wedding presents we want, but also where we can ask for honeymoon "extras" that will come to us as cash) but am confused by the range of options and the different pricing / fee strategies. Don't need anything amazing - just a company where we can bang together a quick website from templates and a few pictures, and will offer physical items and honeymoon contributions to guests. The only thing is we don't want any honeymoon extras (e.g. spa day, white water rafting etc.) to be obviously coming to us as cash. Justthething.co.uk seem to do what we need, but they charge 7.5% which sounds fairly steep. (They say this is less than other companies taking all fees into account, but they would say that!)

Does anyone have experience of a decent company / website who will do what we need for a reasonable fee? (Perhaps a one off cost rather than a percentage).

Cheers. :good:

Edited by sandspider

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this custom totally abhorant, and if anyone sent me a list of suggested presents that they would think i might like to contribute to they would get nowt.from Auntie.

But surely better than getting 14 crystal decanters!

Not sure on the cash side as everyone will want a cut (PayPal maybe?)

But surely better than getting 14 crystal decanters!

Not sure on the cash side as everyone will want a cut (PayPal maybe?)

I think it is the pinnicle of rudeness,At one time folks were just happy to get a small present and just happy to see all their pals on the day, If you got 4 toasters then so be it. Totally insulting to send this sort of trash out. from Auntie.

I think it is the pinnicle of rudeness,At one time folks were just happy to get a small present and just happy to see all their pals on the day, If you got 4 toasters then so be it. Totally insulting to send this sort of trash out. from Auntie.

times have moved on since the old something borrowed something blue mallarkey

KW

As long as the list has a range of items on it from cheap to expensive for the purpose of creating a home together I don't mind. I do object to the "would you mind giving us money for our holiday" letters. Those who ask for that get nothing from me.

They have,most couples are already living together so don't require toasters and decanters.

Novel idea,tell your friends to keep their hands in their pockets!

Is 2015 the Chinese year of the miserable ***?

KW

Have a Greek wedding and get cash pinned on you :)

does this involve the bride dancing round a pole by any chance ;)

The last 'Greek' (actually in Cyprus) wedding I went to the PU went on for three days during which time we all pinned money on the bride several times over - and it was worth every drachma.

Strewth what a hangover I had. :oops:

No chance I would get involved with one of these new fangled present lists - Down right rudeness in my opinion. :no:

My sister is getting married in May and the costs are huge!

Her and fiancée have a house, complete with kettle and toaster they can't afford a honeymoon after forking out. £10k for the wedding so are considering similar

My son is getting married in Cyprus 2016, and total cost is £3000, thats for wedding, 2 weeks in a 4 star hotel, at home here he was quoted £12000, no-brainer.

I agree, I'm twice married, both times I asked for nothing from our guests.

The second marriage we suggested, if they really couldn't help themselves, for donations to a cancer charity, which was a stupendous success.

I've recently acted as an usher at my shooting partners wedding, he's under 30 and again asked for nothing, I wouldn't expect anything other than cards from friends and family.

These companies that 'assist' wedding lists, just kind of make you look like you've thought about what you can get from your wedding.

Edited by kyska

We have been living together for 4 years now and need to throw stuff away and haven't ever been able to really afford a holiday what with kids and bills etc... (In Late 20's) so our friend who works for a large holiday provider is doing our honeymoon organising (just a simple week in somewhere hot where I am not working for a week and without kids!) and any guest that wants to give us a gift can phone direct and pay a amount of their choice off the bill and I will recieve a name from my friend so I can write a thank you and the size of their gift can be annoymous if they want to.

I have stressed to all family and friends attending that I dont expect anything at all, but if they want to then that's what is best for us and it will be much appreciated but I am certainly not adverse to any other gifts too but still stressed my only wish if for my guests to turn up as that's what's important to us.

(Same as how I've got all my guests coming for day and evening as I can't decide to call someone only half a friend and that they can't see us wed, but can come and feel out of place after...)

I find this custom totally abhorant, and if anyone sent me a list of suggested presents that they would think i might like to contribute to they would get nowt.from Auntie.