Ched Evans..What are your thoughts.

Fisherman Mike

as always there are two sides too every story,,

should he be allowed to play football(professional) again ? personally I would say NO

should he be allowed to play football again ? YES Rhyl have a good amateur side let him play for them,,don't think he would survive long though

he WAS convicted and has basically used and abused his stature in the footballing world, he only wants to play again because the money is silly amounts per week,, tough on him, he WAS convicted by a jury so its tough luck if he wants to play football again then there are plenty of amateur clubs who would let him play but I don't think the communities will be very happy,

hard cack mr Evans,,you are a convicted rapist so no one wants you playing football for them so go kick a ball against the wall YOU SAD LITTLE IDIOT

+1 Our legal system may not be 100% but its what we have and if his conviction is overturned then he will be owed a rather large apology but right now he is a convicted felon and should not be elevated within society as a role model.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can play, the finances will dictate the time and place,He has served his sentence and he will still be paying for it,and for a long time to come,whether he does or not will depend on fans and sponsers, my feeling someone will take a chance,maybe a little lower in in divisions than he may like,Fans will come around when he starts scoring.He will of course get some abuse/stick/hecling but that's his own fault.

Only him and her know what happened, we have all made drunken mistakes some a lot worse than others. For him it was sleeping with this girl and for the girl it was sleeping with him... I mean honestly what did she expect to happen going up to a hotel room with a bloke she has just met cup of tea and some biscuits i think not, from what i have heard not like she was dragged up there. It is very easy for the girl to make allegations after the event if she regretted what happened.

As for being a role model, i for one will not let my children consider any footballer a role model!!

Edited by ferguson_tom

Some reporter interviewed on TV said that his sentence was a stint in jail, not unemployment, which summed it up for me. Saying that, I can see how many people resent the fact he is now free to play professional football and all that that entails; such as celebrity and wealth.If he was a plumber for instance, I doubt we'd be having this conversation.

They are undoubtedly role models for youngsters, ( professional footballers, not plumbers :) ) and one Father was heard commenting that he doesn't want his son cheering for a convicted rapist.

Darren gough on talk sport summed it up for me. He should not be allowed to resume his career until the outcome of the appeal had been decided. People forget he is still has 2 years probation to serve. He should have the right to rehabilitation.

As said footballers and celebrities should not be seen as role models but its a sad testament to the country we live in they are!

Got to love the PW jury and the assumptions and allegations that are being bandied about as fact

Back on point; I don't have a problem with him going back to being a footballer but on the flip side I am unsure that it dictates a good role model to children. Would I want my child having a football shirt with his name on the back? Probably not.

There is nothing in Probation conditions that prevents him having a job, so I view this as irrelevent. So is the appeal outcome. If the appeal fails, he won't return to prison, he will just remain with his current guilty conviction on his record.

Why do so many commentators make the comment 'he shows no remorse for his actions'? Can anyone show me where remorse is a condition of release, or a factor within the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act conditions??

Either, let him get on with his life, or, lock him up until mob rule has decided he can be free to get on with things.

Of course you would you would want to screw every penny out of it you could... I don't think this Girls moral standards are that high to be honest.

the vid that shows her walking in the hotel (unaided)shows a very different girl to the one portrayed by the judge as being so ****** she could not consent.

KW

Personally I think whether he is actually guilty or not (I know he was convicted) he should be given chance to redeem himself and his career.

If not then the British Legal and Penal system is fundamentally flawed. He has done what the judicial system required of him and that should be sufficient.

Of course he has shown no remorse and I believe that’s because he genuinely believes he has done no wrong….. I hope also that his victim comes forward and tells the truth.

People keep on about footballers being a role model and looked up to by the youngsters.. to my mind that’s a complete load of tosh…Its just a job for the majority of them.

Moral comparisons are being made between him and Gerrard which again is unfair and unjustified…Some have short memories…didn’t Gerrard escape a custodial after him and his mates beat some DJ up a few years back. ?

Kids do look up these footballers as role models. Its maybe a job to them but some of them are god in kids eyes.

Would you buy your kid a "Ched Evans" football top?

What beats me is,when will these idiots ever learn,it's not just footballers it all celebrities if it's genuine then hang the ****** by the balls if she's on the compensation trip and gave concent then called rape then he's just another celebrity who's genitails rule his head.

Edited by Davyo

Personally I think whether he is actually guilty or not (I know he was convicted) he should be given chance to redeem himself and his career.

If not then the British Legal and Penal system is fundamentally flawed. He has done what the judicial system required of him and that should be sufficient.

Well said FM, I'm starting a petition to allow Gary Glitter and Jonathan King to be allowed to resume their music and television careers, I take it on principal you'll sign.

The problem is social media web sites are causing most of the problems.

It's like he is on trial all over again.

Personally I can't believe a man in his position with his money would put himself in such a stupid situation.

And sneaking out of the back door after what ever allegedly happened, didn't do himself any favours. If she was as drunk as reported the other footballer would also have been convicted if was on the jury.

Trouble is we where not at the trial so we don't know what was reported to the Jury. All circumstantial as far as the general public are concerned.

What beats me is,when will these idiots ever learn,it's not just footballers it all celebrities if it's genuine then hang the ****** by the balls if she's on the compensation trip and gave concent then called rape then he's just another celebrity who's genitails rule his head.

That's not my understanding. She was so drunk that she could neither consent or refuse is my understanding.

What i don't understand is why the chap who first had sex with her wasn't accused? Had she consented with him?

Trial by twitter and social media is what is happening currently. If he were a brickie or a plumber there would not be the same outcry.

Morally, i think football is a vacuum anyway.

That's not my understanding. She was so drunk that she could neither consent or refuse is my understanding.

What i don't understand is why the chap who first had sex with her wasn't accused? Had she consented with him?

Trial by twitter and social media is what is happening currently. If he were a brickie or a plumber there would not be the same outcry.

Morally, i think football is a vacuum anyway.

she walked in steady enough,seen the vid, and the other chap was accused, he got off, so work that out

kw

Dogs that bite, nonces, rapists etc, the cure is the same,

But you can't shoot all of them.......................................................

..........................................unfortunately! :whistling::innocent:

As an Oldham fan I wish a good proportion of the 60,000 people that signed the petition would go and pay to watch a game.

I've heard from friends who still live there (and have season tickets) that a threat had been made to rape a relative of a club staff member if the signing went ahead. I truly despair at times

As an Oldham fan I wish a good proportion of the 60,000 people that signed the petition would go and pay to watch a game.

I've heard from friends who still live there (and have season tickets) that a threat had been made to rape a relative of a club staff member if the signing went ahead. I truly despair at times

So to protest against a rapist they are threatening to rape someone, obviously disturbed in some way.