Older parents

ack-ack

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few lasses seem to have an additional kid late but i wonder how many have their first late?

(That hand cream is the nuts by the way, i have converted a cynic at work)

Your welcome,It must have worked wonders if your asking about being a father.

I was 24 for the first she was 19 , three years later my son came along.

2 years after that the missis left for another bloke and it turned out to be the best thing she ever did as she was lazy , messy, and spent more than I earnt.

Currently I'm 33 , girlfriend is 21 and we have one due in April/ May and I can't wait. I love all my kiddies .

It's far more about her than you. Remember the old Grougho Marx comment, you are as old as the woman you feel.

You might get more sense out out a thread with pictures of the lady ...... But then again...........

She must be of outstanding temperament to cope with you....... I think your average Sheila could not keep up. And I do mean this kindly. that is great start.

Perhaps she can get a PW account and she can join in?

Email me or call if you wish

42 for the first and last year at 44 for the second....

The mrs is a couple of years younger and thought she was done with the baby making thing as I have an 18yo stepson.

But neither of us would change a thing, but have been up with them both for the last hour- only so much Fireman Sam that one can take

42 for the first and last year at 44 for the second....

The mrs is a couple of years younger and thought she was done with the baby making thing as I have an 18yo stepson.

But neither of us would change a thing, but have been up with them both for the last hour- only so much Fireman Sam that one can take

Thats encouraging Jaymo! Were there any complications? My lass is obsessed with supposedly only having a ten percent chance of a home run.

Well you know my story already mate but for the record I was 37 and she was 36.

Ack Ack....I was 40 and Deb 35 when we had our last .....so not too late

Anyway that's immaterial I cant imagine any woman having such low self esteem as to allow you to inseminate her...

What you need is a surrogate Father

TB fits the bill and he's got a big one too ( According to Ma Baker )

He's standing for covers at the moment Pm me if you want to make a preferential rate booking

I can confirm all the above is true.

24 and 26, my wife a year younger. Seems really young now, but it worked for us. They've both flown the nest and we have time to ourselves and disposable income again. And a great relationship with our grown up kids. I'm 50 now, lots of our mates around our age still have young kids. I don't envy them at all, I wouldn't have the energy. Swings and roundabouts. They were travelling, spending dosh and having a great time when we were broke and knee deep in nappies. Now it's our turn!

Swings and roundabouts.... :lol:

For what its worth, I think you'd make a great dad :good:

Moi aussie. :good:

It's far more about her than you. Remember the old Grougho Marx comment, you are as old as the woman you feel.

You might get more sense out out a thread with pictures of the lady ...... But then again...........

She was on bbc news at ten last night. (18 mins in, stripey top). (I must add that i do not share her political views)

Thats encouraging Jaymo! Were there any complications? My lass is obsessed with supposedly only having a ten percent chance of a home run.

Going for post of the year here :-)

After a period of no sucess the Doc referred us to the local Fertility unit.

Turns out My swimmers are like Spanish Builders and the old Hen only lays an egg every other month....

As she had already a child we werent eligible for a course of IVF but they did try us with Chlomid first, fell pregnant just after the pills ran out.

Second one was totally natural........

But this is the fun bit- we attribute it to "The Handstand Technique" aka, post coitus the poor girl had to do a bit of gymnastics for an hour.

This for both of em- well anythin was wortha try esp as a round of IVF was either £6000 or a new motorbike :-)

Friends who have also had dificulties conceiving have laughed at this but the ones who tried it are now expecting...... So going to TradeMark the technique

Ack Ack,

Tell her to try not to worry about percentages. There are plenty of Prima Gravida mothers (older mothers who have first babies) out there who have had successful pregnancies and bonny babies at the end of the process. Be as fit as you can, look after your nutrition and start taking your folic acid before you get pregnant, have a talk with a doctor (that she respects) if necessary to go through care plans, tests that are available and go for it. You too stay on the straight and narrow as your contribution if you know what I mean should be in tip top condition!!

I was the last of my circle of friends to become a parent, but its strange they all planned to get married in their mid 20's i had no plans of even considering it til i was 30!

So to answer the question ACk-Ack, when my son arrived i was 35, and my wife 33, my daughter Awen arrived two years later. I do not regret the choice i made. However i can see my friends who now have teenage children do seem to have more time than i have. But hey ho, i had one hell of a 20's......they didnt!

Good luck Ack-Ack with whatever is going on behind the scenes.....

Cheers

Aled

Edited by Aled

Acks, there is no right or wrong age. There may be ill advised such as 60's or early teens. You cannot turn back the clock and nor can she so younger is not an option unless, in the unlikely event, you decide to get a new younger girl. If it is right for both of you it matters not one jot what anyone else thinks or does.

BTW, how is White Dee anyway ? :lol:

Acks, there is no right or wrong age. There may be ill advised such as 60's or early teens. You cannot turn back the clock and nor can she so younger is not an option unless, in the unlikely event, you decide to get a new younger girl. If it is right for both of you it matters not one jot what anyone else thinks or does.

Quite right.