Advice Urinating in the street and my shotgun licence

AlexThePoacher

As an ex cop, the way fpn's work is its accepting you did it but by taking the ticket you are stopped from being prosecuted and getting a criminal record...... Its not a caution.

Also with the serious organised crime and police act (socpa) police don't need to arrest you if they can verify your details and deal with you by summons (a letter and a court date)

If the fpn states urinating in the street I think taking it is the best option both to avoid a criminal record and to retain your sgc.

Speak to basc and the feo and good luck......

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a lawyer...presumably the fine route is accepting a police caution,what is the offence on that caution? If in any doubt and you value your license take legal advice..I do not know but would think a D&D with shotguns dont mix too well...

no doubt you put the offence down on your renewal application?

I never put it on my renewal and it wasnt brought up.

So I went out for a few a couple of weekends ago and the nightclub had closed and I needed to relieve myself. I did so in a doorway which was a stupid thing looking back now.

Police caught me doing it and said it was going to go to court. I hadn't heard anything for a couple of weeks and tonight they came round to see me.

They told me I could go to court and go down that route and potentially I would get a criminal record for Drunk and Disorderly or I could pay the £90 fine.

What would the advice be from the members of the forum be apart from in the future to not drink so much alcohol.

Most of all I'm worried about losing my shotguns if I'm totally honest as it would be a big part of my life ruined by a simple mistake when drunk. I am not known to the police and this is the first time they have spoke to me.

The woman who was there at the time came around because she wanted to give me another option to sort it instead of going down the court route. So what should I do? Accept the £90 fine or go the court route? The Police Sgt has already made his statement already so the ball is in my court as such.

, Bit of a no brainer aint it pal,??

Pay fine, and dont go whizzing in public places

SIMPLES

atb

Flynny

I very much doubt that ******* in the street would cost you a firearms certificate. It's definitely worth clarifying exactly how this will be disposed of though. Likely it'll be a PND (penalty notice for disorder) I find it strange you have to go to a nick to pay?

I also don't understand why court was even mentioned unless you denied everything. A pnd is pretty much designed for these low level things, they should have just written the ticket out there and then and you'd have X number of days to pay by post or face court.

Anyway unless it starts happening with any sort of frequency I doubt an feo would give a toss.

Edited by Muddy Funker

Ticket wasn't issued at time as the nick was full and they couldn't take me in for drunk and disorderly. So in some respects I was lucky there. Will just have to pay it and wait and see

The ticket can be issued on the street that's the whole point of them to avoid custody. They should have just called up for someone that had one if they didn't.

I would check very thoroughly that the offence is actually shown on the ticket as Urinating in a public place. In my area there is no pnd offence code for this so weak bladdered street wazzers are often, wrongly imo, given pnd s for either Drunk n Disorderly or Section 5 public order.

On the occasions that I have had to deal this kind of thing the only option I have had available (other than verbal warning) is to report the person for summons. A court appearance normally follows

Ask yourself this are you guilty if not go to court to clear your name if you are pay the fine if you go to court and are proved guilty you will get a lot more than the fine as you have basically wasted the courts time and there guide will give a more severe treatment such as bad publicity and you could lose your job

Edited by psycho

points made...

it would cost you your firearms cert'

it may not cost you your shotgun cert'

we are all field men, need a pee, find a tree? same body same mind but a different forest? a doorway isn't a tree, you, WE (no pun) can't do that and that is simply 'NOT BREAK THE LAW' as the law has granted us the privilege to be different from the common person by being a licensed person, look at yourself 'AlexThePoacher' and think before your actions, unfortunately your actions have come first this time.

I am not preaching, I've done it (but at the time not got caught and didn't have the licences I have now) My licences are too much of my life now! so I double think all my actions in public, you sadly got caught out in a wayward moment of complacency.

For that fact you should return to that point and 'clean up' retrospectively, embarrassingly as it maybe in the light of day but you are doing several things?

meet the owner of the doorway.

face the crime that you have committed

build a defense of remorse, should the law come down on you

you may just pay the fine and all is forgotten, but if the 'ole bill' stand by the law. they can make it difficult on renewal, if no sign of remorse is identified/recorded, things may be made difficult for you, you don't want the sacrifice of your licence to equal a bit of none effort to show remorse?

AlanThePoacher reborn AlanTheShotguner

you should also contact BASC,

points made...

it would cost you your firearms cert'

it may not cost you your shotgun cert'

we are all field men, need a pee, find a tree? same body same mind but a different forest? a doorway isn't a tree, you, WE (no pun) can't do that and that is simply 'NOT BREAK THE LAW' as the law has granted us the privilege to be different from the common person by being a licensed person, look at yourself 'AlexThePoacher' and think before your actions, unfortunately your actions have come first this time.

I am not preaching, I've done it (but at the time not got caught and didn't have the licences I have now) My licences are too much of my life now! so I double think all my actions in public, you sadly got caught out in a wayward moment of complacency.

For that fact you should return to that point and 'clean up' retrospectively, embarrassingly as it maybe in the light of day but you are doing several things?

meet the owner of the doorway.

face the crime that you have committed

build a defense of remorse, should the law come down on you

you may just pay the fine and all is forgotten, but if the 'ole bill' stand by the law. they can make it difficult on renewal, if no sign of remorse is identified/recorded, things may be made difficult for you, you don't want the sacrifice of your licence to equal a bit of none effort to show remorse?

AlanThePoacher reborn AlanTheShotguner

you should also contact BASC,

He ****** in the street not commit 1st degree murder, pay the fine and forget about it sure a lot of us have done a lot worse than this and still have our FAC/SGC.

I'd pay the penalty notice, it's not a conviction and not a caution. Tell the feo on renewal or give him a ring and let him know. Peeing in the street doesn't necessarily make you a dangerous person and I wouldn't worry too much about losing your cert (take any ####ing that comes though)

Or

Challange it in court, the police are expert witnesses at being drunk (they do it enough) and the officer will say you were drunk and peeing in a doorway, be doesn't need to breath test you as you weren't driving, he's just saying you were drunk. You stank of drink and had you're old chap o it in a doorx urinating. the mags will find u guilty, double the fine on the ticket, add a victims surcharge and send you on your way with a conviction to tell you're mates about.

Pays your money and takes your choice.

If you had a pee in a doorway when caught short, so be it. Bad form but pay the fine and move on.

Taking this to court is probably not something you want to do, but I guess it depends on what you stand to lose if found guilty in court.

You admit to doing it, so pay the fine, smack yourself on the head and don't do it again....

It has happened to most people, after all.

Old school friend of mine got done for whizzing up a phone box a while back . With a police van parked across the street . They did him for indecent exposure . So I think you are getting off lightly . I'd speak to feo before going to pay your fine . What ever happens good luck and learn from your mistake

Old school friend of mine got done for whizzing up a phone box a while back . With a police van parked across the street . They did him for indecent exposure . So I think you are getting off lightly . I'd speak to feo before going to pay your fine . What ever happens good luck and learn from your mistake

He should have fought that in court, it isn't indecent exposure he was taking a leak.