Terry Pratchett's RIP

loriusgarrulus

Bloody hell, that's a ******. Some of the best books I have ever read were penned by him, and one or two of them I have read more times than I can recall. I was hoping Nanny Ogg would make a comeback at some time, but it wont happen now. What a great shame. A genuinely nice and intelligent bloke who wrote with great warmth and affection and understanding of the human condition.

Sadly I gave up on one of his most recent discworld novels as I just found it hard going; perhaps the alzheimers he was afflicted with playing a part in his writing. Much of the humour was missing I felt. So sad, a great loss, and no great age either.

Bloody hell, that's a ******. Some of the best books I have ever read were penned by him, and one or two of them I have read more times than I can recall. I was hoping Nanny Ogg would make a comeback at some time, but it wont happen now. What a great shame. A genuinely nice and intelligent bloke who wrote with great warmth and affection and understanding of the human condition.

Sadly I gave up on one of his most recent discworld novels as I just found it hard going; perhaps the alzheimers he was afflicted with playing a part in his writing. Much of the humour was missing I felt. So sad, a great loss, and no great age either.

There is another book in the witches series already done I believe, so Nanny Ogg and her fellow crones might well be his swan song.

I agree with you on the last book, it had a different feel to it and my understanding is that it was compiled by an assistant. TP still wrote the story, but was not healthy enough to piece it all together and you could feel that in the book, it lacked sharpness and wit of his previous efforts.

I hope for his sake that his passing was swift and peaceful and he was spared the final indignities of the condition he called his embuggerance. (I also hope he enjoyed his ride on Binky)

“No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away…”

Judged by his own words he will be around for a very long time.

Thanks for all the laughs.

RIP Terry.

Well said, totally agree.

There is another book in the witches series already done I believe, so Nanny Ogg and her fellow crones might well be his swan song. I hope so, it would be nice to think of the three of them taking flight over the Ramtops again.

I agree with you on the last book, it had a different feel to it and my understanding is that it was compiled by an assistant. That explains it then. I feel a responsibility to finish it now. TP still wrote the story, but was not healthy enough to piece it all together and you could feel that in the book, it lacked sharpness and wit of his previous efforts.

I hope for his sake that his passing was swift and peaceful and he was spared the final indignities of the condition he called his embuggerance. (I also hope he enjoyed his ride on Binky) :yes:

R.I.P Terry

He was an advocate of assisted dying,do we know how he died?

The media are saying it was natural and unassisted.

Was discussing this with Mrs Andy135 earlier today and it dawned on me that I've been reading his books for over 20 years. So sad he's gone. The last tweets on his twitter feed were a master stroke, IMHO. Signing off with the same sense of humour as always.

Loved all of his books even the ones aimed at younger readers they appealed as well to adults which is a tough one to pull off. Death was one of my favourite characters in the book not a malicious being just someone doing a job and ensuring people got what they deserved/ expected.

I hope it was peaceful and quiet for him in the end as the reports say RIP Terry. My daughter has just asked to start on some of his junior books that I have so the next generation is getting ready to enthralled by the magic of the discworld!