Tow bar dog carriers

loriusgarrulus

Can't seem to open the link.

I've seen towbar mounted dog carriers abroad but apart from the danger of being rear ended, they have been well insulated and the dogs seem happy enough.

I can only assume that the ones being spoken about are open to the elements - am I correct ?

Signed poor animal would have no protection if the car got rear ended never mind no real weather protection temperature wise. Whoever though up that idea must have been mad

I have often thought that of the people that use dog trailers and farmers with dogs loose in back of an open pickup truck .

This is crazy though .

signed .

Edited by welshwizard

I have often thought that of the people that use dog trailers and farmers with dogs loose in back of an open pickup truck .

This is crazy though .

signed .

My dogs have quite happily travelled in the back of my trucks and on the back quads for years. They love it so much as soon as I open the kennel they are on the back ccome rain or snow.

No different to a dog trailer in my eyes, both offer little or no protection from car crash.

Dogs are still exposed to car exhaust fumes through the air vents and no temperature regulation.

Agreed, There was a chap who lost six dogs a while back due to the air conditioning failing in his dog trailer. Doesn't bear thinking about, poor guy and poor poor dogs

Edited by bigbird