Trackers

bullet1747

Just watching a programme about tracking works cars and vans ,this has me thinking with all the thefts of weapons we read about ,is there something we can fit to the weapons to find or track , were they are if they do happen to be stolen , we put chips into are dogs so why not be able to chip the stocks just a thought

whats wrong with a serial number?

You would need to find the gun to check the serial number, its being suggested that a tracking device would find the gun.

Probably worth it for a valuable gun, but sometimes the annual subscription charges for these facilities can be very expensive.

cos his a teeth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::ninja: :ninja:

Is this the same as à tea leaf.

I always think is a crying shame that as soon as I buy something nice, I have to think about and payout more on security for it to stop some scrote nicking it. The latest chain and padlock for my new scooter even has an alarm built into the padlock. :|

Do you have tracker in all your private belongings no, do you agree to being tracked every where you go no,, let's say a gun at a grand how many other items in your house are worth more/same are these tracked no,, so why your gun that is stored in approved locked storage,,, the most valuable thing in my house are my kids,,so do I put a tracker in them,,, just nonsence how many more hoops do you want to thru as a legal gun owner.........

As the org op has 9 guns listed let's say your annual subscription is 100 per tracker,,, that's almost a grand per year for the privilege of your idea......

Edited by millrace

Do you have tracker in all your private belongings no, do you agree to being tracked every where you go no,, let's say a gun at a grand how many other items in your house are worth more/same are these tracked no,, so why your gun that is stored in approved locked storage,,, the most valuable thing in my house are my kids,,so do I put a tracker in them,,, just nonsence how many more hoops do you want to thru as a legal gun owner.........

Frankly I see a time, and not that long into the future, when such things will be done at birth. Chips/trackers/barcode/whatever!

No need for a passport, driving licence, FAC, Credit cards, etc etc, our whole life and events will be programmed to it.

Sorry, don't mean to take this off topic.

Frankly I see a time, and not that long into the future, when such things will be done at birth. Chips/trackers/barcode/whatever!

No need for a passport, driving licence, FAC, Credit cards, etc etc, our whole life and events will be programmed to it.

again a good idea no more missing children !

My works van is tracked.

1 its not at all accurate, my boss has rung me swearing blind I'm in Wandsworth, I was half an hour ago I'm now in Wimbledon.

2 A powerfull bar magnetic seems to take you off the radar when called for. As long as you know where the spy in the cab is, mine is in the dash under where the tax disc used to be, just rest the magnetic on top and you completely disappear.

ive used data tags on my mountain bikes for donkies years, little glass chip similar to those used in dogs. always trusted them as they say all police stations have access to scanners to be able to scan found bikes. sadly i had two and a half grands worth of mountain nike nicked 3 years ago and the coppers had never heard of data tag... http://www.datatag.co.uk/

wont work though will it half the population here is er shall we say unaccounted for.

KW