how much would this be worth in London or the south east then?

kdubya

love this house and its now up for sale two doors down from the house seen last weekend in an episode of Vera shot in Hartlepool, jeez it really is grim up here.if you look hard enough you can see my place of work, and a Frenchman/oops monkey being hanged

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33302178.html/svr/1711;jsessionid=BE13DE26B6018FCDCA10D7BE0988457A

Edited by kdubya

What a cracking property really nice, 2 bed terrace half the size and not finished to the same standard round our way can go for up to half million its crackers, London might as well be a different country

Edited by chrisjh

The South East is big place so the value would vary significantly. There are some scummy places as well which means that it might only go for £500k. But in any half decent location you would be looking at circa £1mln. London has its own Eco system so don't even go there.

The key to the right price in the South East is transport links to London and good schools

you going to buy it then KW ? just sell some of your stocks and shares youve amassed under the last government :)

If it had been available 3 years ago I reckon I may have done so, used to park my car alongside it put on my dive gear (get someone passing to zip me up) and dive off the rocks to the left side of the pier, to bloody old now sad to say, but I down sized to a new build 3 bed detached, biggest mistake I ever made,just walked past it when out with the dog, for 350K its for nowt.

KW

Edited by kdubya

If it had been available 3 years ago I reckon I may have done so, used to park my car alongside it put on my dive gear (get someone passing to zip me up) and dive off the rocks to the left side of the pier, to bloody old now sad to say, but I down sized to a new build 3 bed detached, biggest mistake I ever made,just walked past it when out with the dog, for 350K its for nowt.

KW

Such is life but a shame never the less, did you just walk to into the sea ? I used to watch people do it and thought that it would be just about the most amazing thing. Ive never dived but was the boatman for a commercial scallop man, i bet you got some queer looks from passing strangers when you asked them to zip you up :yes:

Used to live round the corner for 15 years, it stood empty for years before someone took it on to renovate. If memory serves it sold then for about 20K. The owner ran out of money and the renovation stalled and it stood empty for years again. They done a good job when it was taken on again, not sure of the sale price that time.

Keith, I used to dig bait on the other side of the pier and put a couple of pots in, being careful to keep an eye on any divers that where about!

Such is life but a shame never the less, did you just walk to into the sea ? I used to watch people do it and thought that it would be just about the most amazing thing. Ive never dived but was the boatman for a commercial scallop man, i bet you got some queer looks from passing strangers when you asked them to zip you up :yes:

Yes sometimes parked near the light house climbed over iron railings then down a 20ft ladder, (not exactly HSE) always did well for lobbys or crab never did the two together and I never raided a pot true! weather had to be right and tide had to be making, easier to swim back in than walk, and no never had funny looks, it was a well established thing, now you never see a diver off the edges without being put in via a boat, soft now they are.still wish that house had been available when I could afford it, was born on the headland and genuinely loved the place, walk the dog there most eve's, like other areas of the town it has it bad spots but I love walking along and looking at the old Georgian and Victorian properties.

here's a view from the other side of the heugh ( my pic) its a cannon from Sebastopol, I work at the power station in the background.

IMG_0444_zpsasqeoqnn.jpg

KW

Edited by kdubya

I can see what you mean, Im the opposite since leaving home Ive worked all over, until the kind people took me in here :) Any fish off the (heugh) breakwater ?

Used to be, I used to get haddock to 4lb,hand line and mussel as bait would do, and codling a plenty, never seen a haddock off a boat let alone a pier for many years, something to do with our fisheries policy me thinks, I remember watching local boats being cut up by their owners, as they were not allowed to be sold on if they wanted compensation for losing their livelihood.the pier (heugh) is barricaded off half way along (look under the cannon barrel mid way) as the local authorities can no longer afford to maintain it, it is going to be allowed to fail they say it wont harm the beaches to the south ha ha.

KW

Edited by kdubya