Who else fell in the Apple trap?

Davyo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Apple but currently run a old, abused 2nd hand Iphone 4s, as a family member's Burnley Dave episode left my Samsung Galaxy S3 with a broken screen :|

Now as much as I would like to hate it, the phone works well (after iOS 8 battery issues) and there are decent apps available. Also Apple did try to help me with the phones issues 2 years out of warranty.

Edited by Livefast123

In all honesty I think my only real complaint with a (2year old) iPhone would be battery life and charge lead, both of which can be easily sorted with a 'boom pods' type battery pack, which can themselves be pick up for as little as £15 on eBay

I despise apple but luckily I'm not a sheep so can choose my phone / tablet and not rely on peer pressure. The amount of places that do I phone screen repairs is testament to the poor build quality. I've had galaxy phones that take severe abuse on site and never had a problem. Show an I phone anything more than a 3 inch drop and it's £55 for a new screen. Mates that gave them always bitch about the forced updates etc.

I despise apple but luckily I'm not a sheep so can choose my phone / tablet and not rely on peer pressure. The amount of places that do I phone screen repairs is testament to the poor build quality. I've had galaxy phones that take severe abuse on site and never had a problem. Show an I phone anything more than a 3 inch drop and it's £55 for a new screen. Mates that gave them always bitch about the forced updates etc.

Poor build quality statement is nonsense. My last business repaired around 7,500,000 broken electronic devices a year globally, of which around 5,500,000 would be mobile phones and around 500,000 laptops. These covered all the major brands.

Pro-rated there were less Apple failures than any other manufacturer by far.

No fanboy spin or subjective opinions based on here say, just a simple statement of truth based on the evidence of tens of millions of phone repairs and millions of laptops.

I love the "I'm not a sheep" argument whereas in reality android users are both too poor and too poorly educated to chose Apple. The stats prove it

The cult of the anti-sheep is just as sheepish as the much maligned sheep. It makes me laugh.

Why people feel the need to justify their choice as some sort of social statement makes me laugh.

Two teenage daughters with I phones constantly needing new screens would prove to me otherwise. The too poor comment is priceless ! so it's not about how it functions it's about spending money 😊 love it. I have an I phone because it was the most expensive and constantly updated phone. baaa

I love the "I'm not a sheep" argument whereas in reality android users are both too poor and too poorly educated to chose Apple. The stats prove it

http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/differences-between-an-average-iphone-and-android-user-infographic/76074

A 2011 survey ,that just proves you iphone users are not that observant :lol:

Two teenage daughters with I phones constantly needing new screens would prove to me otherwise.

I would rather work on the evidence of ten's of millions of phones processed, but whatever.

If i might be so cheeky, i rather suspect the problem in your case is not really the phones, more the teenage daughters dropping and breaking phones.

If you would rather buy something else than Apple then be happy in your choice, you really don't need to justify your choice by trying to talk down what other people choose.

Of all the manufacturers that my business services and repaired Apple are quite markedly better than all the others by a healthy margin. Not rubbish quality. Doesn't mean you have to like them of course :)

I am no sheep & took a bit of convincing to move to Apple but thanks to Billy on here made the switch & now on iPhone6 not going back - it just works :good: :good: :good: as for downloading pics - you need to delete one of the settings on your PC

As a pc/android man I can do anything, run anything, upgrade anything and at half the price. Ive had the odd bit of apple gear like ipods and keep going into the mac shops and think the quality and prices are terrible. It all looks shiny and nice and they have slick sales pitches and advertisement but cant stand the things. How many posts do you see on here about I-stuff problems?

Well, having spent most of the afternoon trying to sort my iPod and music onto this computer, then having to re-arrange it all cos Apple products can't understand who the artist is, I have to say I stand by my opinion that Apple sucks sweaty ones :good:

There will come a point when people will start attacking apple systems. It is just a matter of time. They are only unix boxes under the skin and as soon as there are enough of them out there the nasty people will set to with a vengeance then there will be a terrible period until all the software becomes available. Seeing it will be sold under the apple name it will probaly be very expensive!

If you want to run a unix clone run linux, it will run on any cheap pc or laptop and th eOS is usually free!

Apple is the richest company in the world, still playing it's game we are the good small guys game.

David.

Apple are a joke. Overpriced junk. you can get a two or three times more powerful PC system for the same price as a mac

pc/android all the way.

I do a huge amount of music production and also quite a bit of photoshop and video editing and years ago got talked over into the hype (and it is hype) that Apple computers were the zenith of such tasks.

they are just not flexible or customisable in any way, you're forced into a locked down system (its a linux variant os, why can't they just let you use the open source version!? fascists!) and a horrendous and counter-intuitive OS UI, which okay, some people might find ok, but it just doesnt feel natural.

Not only that, but apple rarely follow industry trends, their software and hardware options are lackluster at best and despite what people tell you, they crash, freeze and generally balls up as much as anything else, and they ARE NOT virus proof like they would like you to believe.
Oh, and the worst of all... NO RIGHT CLICK. yeah, okay, so you can get a two button mouse, which still does ****** all.
When editing and doing intensive tasks I'll take my 14 button mouse any day of the week.

It would actually set me back and be a major hinderance if I had to use a mac.

My right click works just fine on a trackpad. No need for a buttoned mouse. (The Apple mouse also has a right click FYI)

To add, there are a huge amount of shortcuts and clickables you can arrange on a trackpad, utilising all four fingers and your thumb, or any combinations of those.

Some people just sound like they are 90 years old being introduced to the digital age :lol:

Edited by Billy.