Royals

guzzicat

The royals accept that they are sort of fair game but why should their children as young as they are have to put up with it?

They don't know what is going on.

Rock stars/actors rely on the paps to keep them in the public eye to make a living,

The royal family don't although accept it.

If you believe the papers look what they did to princess Diana,

No need to hound the kids the way they do!

:shaun:[/quote.

I'm not a fan of the royals but Shaun4860 is correct these kids deserve as normal an upbringing as possible whilst growing up, they will have enough to contend with as adults.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should get rid of them as they are only hangers ons we pay for everything they have and they don't do owt for this country apart from show face.**** me I will show face for them and then it will save them that little chore to.rant over

Think you have it all wrong in my opinion. The interest, attraction and economic value the Royal Family create through tourism alone more than compensates for the odd pennies it costs each of us to subsidise them. They certainly do much more than your 'don't do owt' claim. Class and wealth resentment are often at the root of most posts in this vein.

Think you have it all wrong in my opinion. The interest, attraction and economic value the Royal Family create through tourism alone more than compensates for the odd pennies it costs each of us to subsidise them. They certainly do much more than your 'don't do owt' claim. Class and wealth resentment are often at the root of most posts in this vein.

All true, of course, but since when has reason ever reared its head in these discussions..?

The income from tourism in Britain is approximately 32 million

The income from tourism in France is nearly 85 million making it the most popular tourist destination in the world, the royals there were found to be unnecessary a while ago. :)

Islandgun, you are wrong £15m increased hotel receipt from foreign tourists when latest Royal born. A pattern that occurs for all Royal events. Stil you've got Sturgeon to look up to so you may not have the same appreciation for Royalty.

check the figures, I despise politicians. I only have respect for people who deserve it by their own effort, does that include your ruling elite ?

The income from tourism in France is nearly 85 million making it the most popular tourist destination in the world, the royals there were found to be unnecessary a while ago. :)

Much bigger area so i would expect more tourists to go there.

It's OK - you'll soon end up with El President Salmon or Sturgeon so you will be satisfied ;);):rolleyes::lol::lol:

But hardly a like for like comparison :)

I love the Royals.

I find this very interesting, I love my children but dont call them your royal highness why would I call someone else's children by that name, why do you elevate others above your own family. these children are no better than yours, before everyone starts the old slagging off of all things Scottish, I'm only a wannabe Jock and was born and bred near Chelmsford although my children consider themselves Scottish, My views on the "royals are my own and I have held them all my life, I stand by my earlier post, I respect those that have earned it ! not because of an accident of birth

I find it highly hypocritical that some anti royalists take the bank holidays off that are given when there is a royal wedding etc. I guess the irony is lost on the stupid.

If you want a country free from monarchy you won't be missed, after all this isn't your country, you are here by an accident of birth.

Not aimed at anyone in particular just those who are vehemently anti royalist. She is your Queen so suck it up or leave 😊

Edited by digger

I find it highly hypocritical that some anti royalists take the bank holidays off that are given when there is a royal wedding etc. I guess the irony is lost on the stupid.

If you want a country free from monarchy you won't be missed, after all this isn't your country, you are here by an accident of birth.

Not aimed at anyone in particular just those who are vehemently anti royalist. She is your Queen so suck it up or leave

I'm self employed and dont do bank holidays, (how much revenue is lost on bank holidays ?) so no irony, I couldnt give a toss about the "royalty" and dont care if they are here or not, this country is mine by an accident of birth and has been for many generations, (more than the germans that make up the royals) you want someone to suck up too fill your boots,

All they are is a tourist attraction. The very idea of royalty is absurd. People openly accept that other human beings are more important than themselves. If you were a working person on the breadline, do you think you could take comfort knowing that your taxes are keeping the 'elite' at an elevated social position? To do so would be an injustice to yourself.

Bank holidays are not subject to choice unless you are self employed, so using them to try to elevate royalists over sensible people is folly. It's hard to believe that there's actually room for a monarchy in the modern 21st century.

All they are is a tourist attraction. The very idea of royalty is absurd. People openly accept that other human beings are more important than themselves. If you were a working person on the breadline, do you think you could take comfort knowing that your taxes are keeping the 'elite' at an elevated social position? To do so would be an injustice to yourself.

Bank holidays are not subject to choice unless you are self employed, so using them to try to elevate royalists over sensible people is folly. It's hard to believe that there's actually room for a monarchy in the modern 21st century.

I quite like the Royals, and yes, I would agree the very idea of them is absurd, but I like them because of what they bring to the country and what they represent rather than who they are. They represent an archaic and eccentric aspect of what Great Britain is, or once was, and I don't mind subsidising them to the tune of pennies each year; I can think of many more I'd rather not subsidise.

Whatever anyone thinks of them, to believe that they themselves perceive themselves to be superior to you or I is laughable, or that we should somehow regard them as superior is ridiculous. It may have been that way once, and I admit there are those who do regard themselves as superior to the average person in the street, but the Royal family don't have the monopoly on that.

I've had a drink in the company of Prince Philip, and he liked a good laugh as much as anyone else.

As a shooter, I can categorically state that because of the so called ruling classes and aristocracy in this country we British have no tradition of hunting as they do in other continental countries, and while we can resent and blame them for that, it doesn't solve the predicament in which we find ourselves today, namely that without the so called aristocracy in modern day Britain and their traditions of shooting, you or I possibly wouldn't be shooting today.

If anyone believes themselves to be inferior in any way, or regarded as inferior to anyone, then I would suggest the problem is with them, and not the Royals or anyone else.

Edited by Scully

Lower class, middle class and upper class. What class does the royal family fit into? You wouldn't see them down the local Tesco buying things from the bargain aisle. If you don't feel inferior to the royal family, try enjoying a leisurely stroll through royal grounds and see what happens. The people are made to feel inferior. If the queen passed wind the media would portray it as a wonderful thing, and say they were privileged to be downwind from her at the time. If you or I did it, it would be shameful. It's embarrassing and cringeworthy to watch british people suck up to the royals. People are too quick to sell their souls

Jealousy. Truly a remarkable thing. I don't suck up to them at all. But the chip on the shoulder of anti royalists must drip feed bitterness into the wearers mouth. Oh it's so beastly living in a country that has had a royal family for hundreds of years. I mean, it must impact on your daily life hugely. oh, hang on it doesn't....