Rugby world cup

digger

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlucky to give the penalty away at the end. A good second half (that's all I managed to watch).

Have to say after last nnight's performance, the All Black's gave to be favourite.

All Blacks were on fire yesterday but have not yet had to dig deep. Australia have had the tougher route and that may either help or hinder. Hope it helps. :good:

I feel Australia deserved to win as they played more positive rugby but what a shocker from the ref. The knock on was never a yellow card, the penalty at the end debatable but the running off of the pitch was deplorable. I agree with Gavin Hastings. He must never be allowed to referee an international again.

To be fair to him he made a great call in ruling out an Australian try for a knock on. Don't think anyone else had spotted it, and certainly not the cartoon commentators. Everyone has quickly forgotten that. A poor call at the end, but he is a human and shouldn't be vilified for it, whilst we watch different angles and slow-mo replays. Ultimately, in my opinion, it was only his behaviour running off that was the problem.

TMO decided the yellow so can't blame him for that, and if you are questioning TMO decisions then I think you don't have strong argument.

Some good games of rugby for sure. Shame about the outcomes of course, but they were good games.

To be fair to him he made a great call in ruling out an Australian try for a knock on. Don't think anyone else had spotted it, and certainly not the cartoon commentators. Everyone has quickly forgotten that. A poor call at the end, but he is a human and shouldn't be vilified for it, whilst we watch different angles and slow-mo replays. Ultimately, in my opinion, it was only his behaviour running off that was the problem.

TMO decided the yellow so can't blame him for that, and if you are questioning TMO decisions then I think you don't have strong argument.

Some good games of rugby for sure. Shame about the outcomes of course, but they were good games.

Was it TMO that decided the yellow ? I didn't think they were involved.

TMO didnt decide the yellow but he did bring the refs attention to it.

Joubert said,from what im seeing its a deliberate knock on and a penalty and yellow card,or words to that effect.

Edited by sako751sg

Funnily enough I spotted that knock on at the time and thought he'd missed it,I reckon he missed a late tackle on Hogg after he had kicked just before that late 'penalty'.

Fair enough, but it is not the first time Joubert has done this either.

Given his poor and questionable decisions and failure to penalise Richie McCaw four years ago denied France the world cup. At the very least he deserves closer investigation. I have heard his decisions were investigated after that match.

My recollection is that it was Joubert who mentioned the yellow card and not the TMO. Mind you, my adrenaline was pumping at that stage - I could be wrong.

I would also like to know why he sprinted off at the end. To the neutral (which I am, believe it or not! ) it looked like an admission of guilt.

That said, I don't think gavin hastings should have said what he did. Think it by all means , but don't say it.

It does sometimes feel like the refs are working too a script, 2003 Wales leading New Zealand at half time but it felt like a different ref came on in the second half interpreting penalties that he had not been calling in the first half. You could see the confusion on the players faces. Mind you the beer may have been affecting my vision by then.

Dead right Teal. Most of us missed that one on live tele.

The 10 mins in in bin for the knock on was a joke, the refs always go with the tele replay.

Anyway we are all done. Another Southern Hemisphere win coming up. Brilliant rugby though. There's always another day as they say.

Edited by Whitebridges

TMO didnt decide the yellow but he did bring the refs attention to it.

Joubert said,from what im seeing its a deliberate knock on and a penalty and yellow card,or words to that effect.

TMO decided the yellow when he (Ben Skeen) said that it was a deliberate knock on. The ref then just handed out the punishment due for a deliberate knock on (penalty and yellow card) in the circumstances.

I'd have loved Scotland to win, and I agree it seems harsh. But I really think that once something goes to TMO you have to accept their decision.

As I said the penalty was debatable but I do respect the fact that he has to make a decision and he did. I find the running off just bizarre. Why would he do it. Threatened? By who? The Scottish players were in shock and didn't seem keen to pick an argument. The crowd were noisy. Now I know the average jock is loud mouthed and drunk but ;) but did he feel that scared? He should have shook the players hands and fronted them up if necessary. We all know that nothing would have happened.

One Australian commentator speculated that he needed the toilet.

As I said the penalty was debatable but I do respect the fact that he has to make a decision and he did. I find the running off just bizarre. Why would he do it. Threatened? By who? The Scottish players were in shock and didn't seem keen to pick an argument. The crowd were noisy. Now I know the average jock is loud mouthed and drunk but ;) but did he feel that scared? He should have shook the players hands and fronted them up if necessary. We all know that nothing would have happened.

One Australian commentator speculated that he needed the toilet.

Very bad form by the man in charge of the game. Nobody understands why he ran? To see an Afrikaan run like that has made my world cup a fiasco.