Trouble with nieghbour

besty57

Thats not a good reason not to report it, you probably have a community officer, have a word with him. Keep it it low key but make sure he is aware BEFORE anything more happens. From the sound of your neighbour he probably has had some issues

Maintain your position as the good guy, if his dog is out of control and he is threatening people the police need to know because next time it could be some OAP or kid who gets on the wrong side if him. That must be the position you adopt when you have a word with your local man.

Its very much about how you approach it because if the copper gets the sense that you are getting angry he will have to consider his options.

All the police dog handlers I know have their own vans and keep them at home because they are on 24/7 standby.

Edited by Vince Green

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was me, I'd write him a nice letter (actually a nice one) explaining that you both must have got off on the wrong foot and that you shouldn't let something like this make living next to each other any harder.

A genuinely nice letter suggesting that you both agree to disagree and be grown up about it, and then suggest that violence isn't the way to reason etc...

Being nice might actually make him realise he's being a class A numpty.

People can get all worked up about their dog's.

To the OP,

Be careful,

You have made a public notice of the event by what is on this thread. He may be reading this and, in any case, you can refer back to this with the police if necessary and asked to do so.

This is a one off event by the sounds of it... or has he repeated the "sort it out privately" offer? If it is a one-off, treat it as such and don't be escalating it out of proportion to your ultimate detriment.

If he calls out something - carry on and don't get into any discussion like you had before .... he has another agenda.

You have had a copper give you sound advice on here already

You are not sure what or who you are dealing with (he does NOT sound like a copper at all) ..... He maybe a security guard with issues and likes a bit of aggro or just calling your bluff.

He may know you are licence holder and be goading you..... he may know your FAC or SGC is at risk. Don't let a muppet put your licence at risk or have your guns removed by playing this his way.

Avoid interactions with him and change your dog walking times if necessary.

Make a note of times dates etc of any attempted interaction by him to you in a log and record him on your phone if he approaches you.

Play smart

Play the long game

Keep calm

Be careful of some of the advice on here...... possibly mine!

general speaking police officers are trained to defuse situations and not aggravate them also don't like to draw attention to themselves or family in their off duty life for obvious reasons sounds like a site type security guard I would say good morning / evening whenever you see him and carry on regardless without getting into any conversation at all once fudes start they are hard to stop

Police or one of those security vehicles that is marked to look like a police vehicle complete with battenburg?

No police dog section ,crime stoppers number on the side .all sign written.

God, I'm just glad I don't have any neighbours, saying that my Mrs gives me daggers every time I walk past her.

easy for you to say .i take it you read all my post?

I cant see this bloke being an official dog handler or officer of authority if he has mouthed off at you and offered to sort it out round the back. More likely to be someone that goes out round buildings with a dog, Like private security.

What kind of utopia do you inhabit?

I cant see this bloke being an official dog handler or officer of authority if he has mouthed off at you and offered to sort it out round the back. More likely to be someone that goes out round buildings with a dog, Like private security.

Don't be too sure mate, I know a lad who is a police dog handler and he's a total plonker!!!!

Don't be too sure mate, I know a lad who is a police dog handler and he's a total plonker!!!!

Nah, NOT from GMP surely ?

If he should ask you out again, make sure you choose the Restaurant.

As already advised, the least you have to do with this Guy, the better. By your description of him he sounds like some kind of private security Nutter and they tend to be on some self inflated 'ego trip'. Steer clear !