mass shooting, California

chrisjpainter

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame there wasn't one of those 2nd amendment mongs parading around displaying their right to open carry a loaded made ready AR15.

Might have been able to put it to good use? Never a hero with a gun around when you need one I guess.

California has some of the strictest firearms laws on the books - https://en.wikipedia...Concealed_carry.

In California, only the terrorists, criminals, and gangbangers get to carry guns.

I can't agree there is 'hysteria' but I can agree that we 'will see the end of private gun ownership in this country within a few years'.

Since the only people who legally own firearms in any quantity in this country are law abiding shooters and bearing in mind the last three major killing sprees in this country have all been carried out with legally owned firearms, then logic dictates the next one will be also. Under the present climate I doubt we shooters could weather another.

I think within five yrs . It will only be shotguns ( O/Us and single barrel single shot . Only and a max on shot size .

But who knows were all just guessing and getting all doom and gloom about it .

Or Paris

What "twisted ideology" is that??? Please explain.

I've fallen into the trap of assuming that this was a terrorist attack without knowing all the facts. Very generally though, as you will no doubt agree, the world has been experiencing a spate of attacks that have been fuelled by a ideology that has been formed by twisting the teachings of Islam into a violent fascistic sect of war mongers. I think you understood the point I was making that a name or nationality is not evidence of guilt.

I think within five yrs . It will only be shotguns ( O/Us and single barrel single shot . Only and a max on shot size .

But who knows were all just guessing and getting all doom and gloom about it .

I think you could put it down to a little more than doom and gloom after the paris attacks our mrs may was on her way to the eu to get further restrictions on legal guns.we still do not have governments that do not suffer the jerking knees.

What "twisted ideology" is that??? Please explain.

Jumping in on a question to someone else, the ideology of anybody who possibly believes that an indiscriminate mass shooting is acceptable is by definition twisted, that is how I read it.

Edited by grrclark

There are thousands of firearms owners in this country, and despite there being nothing to stop them walking into a school, a supermarket, a packed church on a Sunday morning with a gun and creating mayhem, very few do and it is an extremely rare occurrence. Perhaps the Americans need to look past the availability of guns in their country ( as that situation is never going to change ) and try to fathom out why so many of their citizens seem to regard this as a solution to whatever to particular grievance they have, and perhaps the reasons for that grievance.

Edited by Scully

There are thousands of firearms owners in this country, and despite there being nothing to stop them walking into a school, a supermarket, a packed church on a Sunday morning with a gun and creating mayhem, very few do and it is an extremely rare occurrence. Perhaps the Americans need to look past the availability of guns in their country ( as that situation is never going to change ) and try to fathom out why so many of their citizens seem to regard this as a solution to whatever to particular grievance they have, and perhaps the reasons for that grievance.

:good: That's what I've always said. Sure their firearms laws are absurdly lacking in adult intelligence but whatever it is that causes them to regard human life as of so little value is the root cause. In other words the problem is in their heads.

I think you could put it down to a little more than doom and gloom after the paris attacks our mrs may was on her way to the eu to get further restrictions on legal guns.we still do not have governments that do not suffer the jerking knees.

Yes i see what your saying . And yes the restrictions that were already outlined buy the EU thingy will most certainly come into force now . Thats almost certain . But as for longterm restrictions . I will stand by my first coment . We will only be allowed to have ou and single barrel shotguns . And a max shot size . FACs will be nothing more than a distant memory .

Just my veiw of course .

:good: That's what I've always said. Sure their firearms laws are absurdly lacking in adult intelligence but whatever it is that causes them to regard human life as of so little value is the root cause. In other words the problem is in their heads.

I agree with both of you. There is very much a cultural issue that pervades within the US that somehow promotes a certain ideology and approach within elements of their society.

Without a doubt firearms are integral to that, but they most certainly are not the root cause.

Daft as it seems .... fashion ? One does it, then another few and all of a sudden it's topmost in a nutters brain.

when on the farm in michigan one of the farm hands said to me im going to buy a gun.come with me and see how easy it is so went to the gunshop he picked a gun out went up payed for it and we walked out to the truck and it was un covered, simple,

Edited by mossy835

when on the farm in michigan one of the farm hands said to me im going to buy a gun.come with me and see how easy it is so went to the gunshop he picked a gun out went up payed for it and we walked out to the truck and it was un covered, simple,

But did he then go on to shoot up a school?

It's the old adage - guns don't kill people, people kill people. when I'm told guns are evil or should be banned and I reply I've had a shotgun licence since I was 14 people are gob smacked.

As has been said on here many times, a gun is an inanimate object as is a tank, a Typhoon fighter or an RPG. They have no cognitive thought and if left on a table in a shopping center would still be there in 108 years. Add the human factor and the become a tool, like a spade or a hedge cutter. Add a person with mental health issues and they become weapons.

Sounds good its a pity law abiding citizens couldn't do that here.

Hmm, nice all American names,

The man and woman, Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and Tashfeen Malik, 27,

Armed with assault weapons and military clothing !

That post says it all.....And everyone knows it. It's just a case of see no, hear no, speak no. That way everyone keeps their jobs...

Edited by jam1e

That post says it all.....And everyone knows it. It's just a case of see no, hear no, speak no. That way everyone keeps their jobs...

I totally agree with you, the other 354 mass shootings so far this year all had easily recognisable names :rolleyes: and yet their friends and family and community all missed their radicalisation signs too. ;)

Not wanting to make light of it, but by the law of averages it was only a matter of time before a muslim carried out a mass shooting, it is only a matter of time until a jedi knight or other minority religions carries out a shooting. At 350 so far thats a ferrible stat.

The radio are claiming it might be extremist motivated but don't seem to know yet. Even if it was terrorism motivated still a tiny drop in the ocean over there the ammount of mass shooting deaths they have.

And to think people want similar firearms legislation here, just as many disillused nutters going about but most have no access to guns (even illegal ones)