Bought but regetted

impala59

Beretta SO6. Great shame as its a nice gun, and bought (new) - and at the right price a considerable number of years ago.

Why regretted - well simply that despite having been fitted (and subsequently checked for fit by different people twice - (and found OK) - I don't shoot particularly well with it and find it hard work. Basically its FAR too heavy at well over 8lbs. Its a dead weight to carry, and cumbersome to use. Handles well enough for a few shots, but you soon realise its overweight. When I bought it I was convinced that its good balance etc would overcome the dead weight, but that hasn't been the case.

I have tried the lightweight Beretta, but it didn't balance well for me, being muzzle heavy.

I shoot far better with my Merkel 303 as an o/u (about a pound lighter, and the weight more central) or my AyA as a s/s (lighter still). The Merkel has a particularly fine balance, central weight, low moment of inertia - and feels so much more 'alive'. I have only handled English o/u occasionally - and never shot one - but the Merkel feels much like one.

Overall, I now use mainly a s/s.

Beretta SV Prevail Sporter. After owning 3 superb Berettas up to the late 80s. I bought the Prevail assuming that this would be an advance on my previous ones. Wrong!!

As numb and unweildy as a badly made shovel! Apologies to anyone who loves theirs, glad you're getting on with it, I did'nt :no: .

Beretta SV Prevail Sporter. After owning 3 superb Berettas up to the late 80s. I bought the Prevail assuming that this would be an advance on my previous ones. Wrong!!

As numb and unweildy as a badly made shovel! Apologies to anyone who loves theirs, glad you're getting on with it, I did'nt :no: .

That would be another regret, had to have it repaired twice, and when I went to have a adjustable stock fitted they could not fit one as I had bought the kick off varient.

Izh 61 iirc? Side lever air rifle, bought fir my son to plink with! Damn thing nearly took my finger off when the sear failed and the side lever trapped my hand!

Also a Webley springer that couldn't hit a melon at ten paces!

And a Sheridan pumper, again it had terrible grouping and lacked power!