N v S '16 ?

Guest cookoff013

Thought I had posted this earlier... it's been on the Charity Shoot website all day so hope some have seen, anyway here's the schedule - better late than never! :good:

Schedule

West Midlands Shooting Ground will open at 8am, this is primarily for those travelling big distances in the morning to arrive early and stretch legs. We will be using the car park beside the cabin (this may be extended depending on number of vehicles). Tea, coffee and food will be available in the cafe, and is on a pay as you go basis.

We recommend that the majority aim to arrive for 8.45-9am to allow us to set things up. All raffle prizes are to be brought into the clubhouse, where they will be secure whilst we shoot.

At 9.45am everyone will gather at the front of the clubhouse for team photo, briefing, and a few words from the captains. Please make a note of your squad name & number - http://pwcharityshoot.co.uk/squads2016.html - as from there we will set-off sharply to the stands.

After shooting 100 birds, each squad is to head back to the clubhouse. Where they can grab a drink, relax and for the early birds who fancy a round, have a go on the Pool Shoot.

Once all the scores are gathered in, we will work out the winners and have the prize giving and raffle. Raffle tickets will be sold throughout the day, and with a great selection of prizes on offer all funds raised go to Orchid Cancer.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternate postcode for the premier inn is:tf2 8jt!

I work 500yards away so that's my work post code !

For anyone using the postcode and ending up at a farm driveway on your right carry on along the road for half smile or so and the ground is on your right.

Don't do what I did and turn round and drive in a big circle to end up on the same road.

Best of luck to all you on Team North. No need to thrash the South just a good whupping will suffice.

Re record not fade away re record not fade away

Well done the North.

Cracking day and the weather was kind (for the grim north).

Lovely to see everyone (and a fun night last night).

You'll all be pleased to hear I didn't get rained on in the night.

We'll get the detailed scores up ASAP

The (provisional) individual and team scores - which are still subject to argument, appeal, arbitration and adjudication - should now be visible on the website - http://pwcharityshoot.co.uk/scores_2016.html

Well done to all who participated and contributed in various other ways towards raising the money collected for Orchid.

Edited by petethegeek

Fun day as always, and shooting one of the finest grounds this country has. Significantly less rain than last time and ANOTHER (it's getting embarrassing) win for the mighty North.

Just one question?

Whose was the RSY van in the car park?

Edited by canthitathing

Where do i start....

Firstly thank you to all involved in making today happy it was a great day and amazing to see all the money getting raised for a very worthy charity.

Secondly thank you to everyone on the Squirralbosher's Sweet Chestnuts squad who made the day even better :good:

This was my first N v S and i thoroughly enjoyed myself all day. It was also great to put some faces to names.

The ground was amazing and thought all the birds were really well presented and interesting targets. Some of them testing me way past my ability but was good to have a go at them and even have the added bonus of hitting a couple. The second bird on the top of the hill stand i think was my favourite (2 out of 4 wasn't bad!) Anyone any idea how far out that bird was?

Another favourite was the one with the chance of getting both birds with one shot (which i managed twice may i add... :yahoo: )

Would loved to of done another round of that layout and seen if i could of improved at all on the score as figured some of the traps on the last shots.

The weather was kind to us and we only had one quick down pour that lasted a minute or two and then was dry for the rest of the shoot until we got back to the cabin.

I only managed a few pictures on my phone which are below but i think i might think about bringing my camera next year and have a play around with it between shots.

Really looking forward to next years now.

26879066980_6335289784_z.jpgUntitled by james Mee, on Flickr

27153278875_0924963977_z.jpgUntitled by james Mee, on Flickr

27153315525_a8344b1d59_z.jpgUntitled by james Mee, on Flickr

27058162482_f33552db5f_z.jpgUntitled by james Mee, on Flickr

27084929971_6603283504_z.jpgUntitled by james Mee, on Flickr

27058132912_324fe2fe4d_z.jpgUntitled by james Mee, on Flickr

26547512674_04c0cd5a63_z.jpgUntitled by james Mee, on Flickr

27084877971_11d3fae91b_z.jpgUntitled by james Mee, on Flickr

Great shoot , great squad , great company and a lot of money made for charity .

Think everyone involved from making a donation to shooting on the day should be very proud of them selves and long may it continue .

Special thanks to Teal , Pete the geek , beardo and the rest of the mods that take a lot of there own time up to organize it all .

Strange how i now think of people i see once a year as friends though this .

Ps , Cat even mentioned today that he thought of moving North :whistling:

Well what's left to say !!!

Whoop

Whoop

Canthitathing the RSY van belonged to a rare beast, a Northerner who can't shoot lol

I noted your score , I am now on the lookout for easy pigeons rather than just pigeons :lol:

I am sure you enjoyed it none the less , I was miffed I could not make it this year.

Yes fenboy, I did ask if we could put some clays on the floor in front of the stand see if the more testing clays would decoy a bit closer lol. I didn't shoot well today and a good few of the targets where way above the type of targets I've shot before, I'd have been almost happy with 40 with those targets but gutted at 35 mate. Now also worried about the van question, did I run someone over on the way out, I couldn't see too well through my tears😂😂

After a two year sabbatical from any shooting, this was a great way to get back into it.

I saw many familiar faces & friends and the weather was much better than in my first year as organiser all those years ago.

It was a great event and I am glad that Shoehorn and PhilR made me aware of the dates and encouraged me to come along.

I hope to see you all again next year. :)

Edited by ME