CRB checks and firearms

Scully

Have been asked to possibly tutor school childrens art workshops during the summer holidays, which would require a CRB check.

I know obviously that there must be some teachers out there with firearms, but this would be on a part-time basis and I wouldn't be employed by any government run department but a charitable trust. Do the authorities undertaking the CRB checks make it known to the organisation running the courses I would be tutoring, that I am a firearms owner?

Knowing the inherent fear some people are prone to at the mention of 'guns', I am concerned this would potentially prejudice my suitability as a tutor if it became known.

I will be contacting my shooting organisation to see what they say, but just wondered if any of the PW massif had experience of this.

Cheers.

Edited by Scully

hi scully no they would not, as part of my job i have to have a crb check undertaken, it is now called a dbs check which stands for the disclosure and barring service. i have recently in the last six months had to have an enhanced dbs check which is more thorough than the standard due to my role in job. when i recieved the disclosure report which is sent to the individual and also the client it showed no information at all that i was a fac/shotgun cert holder. have been having crb checks done for years and have never seen any info on my reports relating to my holding of cert which has been for over 25 years. the link david posted gives the following. but would be worth browsing whole document.

Standard (£26)

This checks for spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings.

Enhanced (£44)

This includes the same as the standard check plus any additional information held by local police that’s reasonably considered relevant to the role being applied for.

Enhanced with list checks (£44)

This is like the enhanced check, but includes a check of the DBS barred lists.

atb 7diaw

Edited by 7daysinaweek