Trout

snow white

Fly pattern and colour please?

Fly pattern and colour please?

Black boobys num 7 fast sinking line

I don't call a booby a wet fly. ;-] but well done anyway I still have 12 days to go before my local lake is open.

Lol. That's not wet fly fishing. That's ledgering!

Boobies!!!!!! Not my style either but if it ticks your boxes and avoids the dreaded "Blank Day" so be it.

Snow White, as a matter of interest, was it private lake or water board lake and what do you pay and the daily limit up your way?

Just curiosity. I am looking at fishing this week at Blagdon Lake outside Bristol (Bristol Water Board). The price per fisherman per boat this season is £36.00 concession for a row boat. Up £5 from what we paid last season. I.e. Over £70 for the boat. Bank tickets £17.50 concessions. Full day ticket is 8 sizeable fish.

By comparison a local private lake bank fishing is 3 fish limit £19.00

Bob

Was fishing brenig lake its in north wales.it was £63 for the boat for two of us the bag limit was 6 fish each.i now using boobys is not wet fly fishing but some people on here have to pick hairs.I could say clay shooting is not real shooting but i dont.shooting to me is game shooting and vermin control not shooting at bits of clay that are no good for man or beast.so please dont knock any body for trying somethink.

Edited by snow white

Have you been to Ringstead, in, well Ringstead. Up the A45 from Bedford, just into Northants.

Hello guys,

I would like to ask Roy king, where his local lake is, I am in Bedfordshire to and wasn't aware there was a local trout lake,I normaly go to Elinore near Thrapston which is an excellent water,

Andy

Grafham and Pitsford Rainbows are delicious. Feeding on killer shrimp makes the flesh Salmon red.

Well done on your catch. :good:

I had a 4lb and 2lb on green and black tadpole Di3 from the bank for my first day of the new season last week. :)