Masonic items found during house clearance

foxbasher

Look at the private gentlemen clubs. Any clubs that have members would look to help eachother.

You only have to look at the Lord Geordie thread to appreciate how the Pigeon Watch fraternity act in exactly the same way.

Any club/organisation/fraternity, call it what you will, that fosters and encourages support to others and brings out the best in people can't be a bad thing.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other org that gives more to charities is the national lottery . And keep in mind there all non state funded charities too . So the money goes right where its needed .

Have a look here at just some.of the stuff we did last year

http://www.pgllincs.org/News/2739-Freemasons_Support_UK_Charities

Most people have no knowledge of how much lodges support charities. We support prostrate scotland and SANDS.

The only other org that gives more to charities is the national lottery . And keep in mind there all non state funded charities too . So the money goes right where its needed .

Have a look here at just some.of the stuff we did last year

http://www.pgllincs.org/News/2739-Freemasons_Support_UK_Charities

Well you learn something new every day, (I am Not being sarcastic) I just didnt know.

Very good work :good:

Regards

Hcc

Eh? I'm not in the rolly trouser brigade and never will be.

When I went through university the criminal modules were all about how and why PACE came about and it was all bent coppers, funny handshakes and operation Tiberius. .

Whilst I know that the organisation of today is not the organisation of yesterday and I know they give a lot to charity and I'm sure they run a cracking ladies night, but to me there's still that smell...

I agree with you about Masons in the police.

http://www.sunray22b.net/police_corruption_and_freemasonry.htm

It still goes on today. It is a cancer within the Masonic organisation that they should have dealt with years ago. Otherwise it does a lot of good work.

Edited by Vince Green

London's second Air Ambulance was substantially bought by Freemasons. A million quid, as I recall. You can see Masonic symbols on the back.

I work for a London Guild and although there is very little of the Masonic-type secrecy, there is still a bit of dressing up and ceremonial. The money raised for charity, education and outreach is very significant, tens of millions of pounds every year across the London Livery Companies and Guilds.

The parallels with PW is very obvious. The charity, the fraternity, the symbol of the crossed guns and pigeon, the regular chanting of "Burn-Ley-Dave, Burn-Ley-Dave" and the ceremonial putting in of doors...

If there was a Pigeonwatch Lodge I'd be first in line.

LS

PS: maybe there is a Pigeonwatch Lodge... :unsure:

People believe what they want to believe, and deny what they don't want other people to believe. There's some contractors doing some work close by and they have a compound on my place with night-time and weekend security. The coloured chap doing the security turns out to be a Pakistani so I asked him what he thought about ISIS. "It's all ********(male bovine excrement)" He said. "They are being financed by the Zionists and the Freemasons."

Edited by rjimmer

People believe what they want to believe, and deny what they don't want other people to believe. There's some contractors doing some work close by and they have a compound on my place with night-time and weekend security. The coloured chap doing the security turns out to be a Pakistani so I asked him what he thought about ISIS. "It's all ********(male bovine excrement)" He said. "They are being financed by the Zionists and the Freemasons."

The weird thing in this world is that you can never be 100% sure he's not right...........................................

Guest stevo

The weird thing in this world is that you can never be 100% sure he's not right...........................................

really

Well, it got me thinking.......

really ??

Reading this thread, it strikes me that a number of people are "frightened" by what they perceive to be a secret society, masonry, is a society with secrets, a totally different kettle of fish.

Its also still "technically" an illegal organisation remember. Back in the day these secret societies were secret for a reason. It was/is treason to swear allegiance to anyone except the monarch. I don't think many masons get hung drawn and quartered these days.

Masonic charity donations are substantial which is why I acknowledged that in my post.

Now, can anyone justify or rationale the reason for becoming a mason (if indeed you are not in the stone working industry) and without mentioning charitable donations or ladies night?

Edited by Mungler

Masonic charity donations are substantial which is why I acknowledged that in my post.

Now, can anyone justify or rationale the reason for becoming a mason (if indeed you are not in the stone working industry) and without mentioning charitable donations or ladies night?

They like dressing up and chanting ? A bit like Morris dancing but without the sticks :good:

Edited by rodp

its just an excuse to meet up with like minded people and have the craic and raise a bit of money for good causes , quite similar to the pw charity shoot.