Eating Game Out Of Season !

marsh man

Tonight I finished off the last pair of Pinkfoot breasts I had in the freezer , when I say finished off what I should have said they nearly finished me off , to say I didn't enjoy them would put it mildly , they were strong , didn't taste the same as when they are fresh and on top of that , somehow it just didn't feel right eating a wild goose , or come to that any game in the early summer .

I have already made my mind up that next season I am not going to put any geese in the freezer to eat at a later date , if I don't need one or any one I know don't need one then the simple solution is I will stop shooting them till I need one or one of my friends want one. all sorted.

So how many of you guys out there REALLY enjoy eating game well out of season ??

Have had pheasant curry on several occasions recently - lovely and just that extra bit tastier than chicken. Also working our way through stock of venison. Can't see what ths issue is eating frozen game providing the base material was ok when shot.

You are right there isn't a issue eating frozen game or any thing else frozen come to that , weather it is just me or do other people find that frozen game is alright if eaten within a reasonable time of it being frozen in the first place , when you talk about months rather than weeks then to me there is a noticeable difference in the taste .