EU Courts reject child benefits challenge

chrisjh

Our laws are our laws. We are a Sovereign state and have Supreme courts......we should not allow challenges or even ratification from non elected burocrats in Brussels.

Perfect example of why we need to be out on the 23rd.

Who's going to check on whether EU migrants are economically active or not? They'll just come here, put in a claim and get paid the benefits. They may get caught out by a percentage check or maybe not but as for getting sent home, well, we have to find them first.

In spite of all the reality TV programmes trying to show that we have effective border controls our services are woefully undermanned, underfunded and ineffective.

So an EU migrant comes to Britain, works for 3-6 months selling the Big Issue and then claims all the benefits going, or do they have to go home?

We cant send them home,whether they are claiming benefits here or not.

Free movement is free movement.

But the whole point is moot anyway the ECOJ is just one voice in the midst of the EU machine.

Im pretty certain every member state has to agree to this before it gets to implementation stage!

How likely is that?

Cam talks like its already happening,its not.

The European Court of Justice said it was lawful for the UK to withhold family benefits to EU migrants who were not working if they did not have the right to reside in the UK.

Well they werent going to put the kibosh on it at this stage were they ?

10 days before a referendum on membership?

Just empty words and actions.

EU Reject child benefits challenge, this cant be good for Brexit

One huge con to make it look like the UK has influence. In the event of a Remain Vote it will be appealed within a couple of weeks and blocked by the EU courts.

The European Court of Justice said it was lawful for the UK to withhold family benefits to EU migrants who were not working if they did not have the right to reside in the UK

Am I missing something here, I thought anyone coming from a EU country had the right to reside in any other EU country, free movement of people within the EU.

So they do have a right to be here so they will get benefits.

The European Court of Justice said it was lawful for the UK to withhold family benefits to EU migrants who were not working if they did not have the right to reside in the UK

Am I missing something here, I thought anyone coming from a EU country had the right to reside in any other EU country, free movement of people within the EU.

That's right, give that man a cigar! But nobody checks, that's our problem

Exactly how I read it!!

I think most people wouldn't pick up on that though! What a con!!

well spotted

The ruling means EU citizens who have been in the UK for less than five years are not entitled to welfare benefits if they (and their family members) are not economically active and not able to support themselves. Down to our Dave :good:

And the last time any immigrants starved to death in this country? Wait and see, they'll claim, we'll pay one way or another.

The ruling means EU citizens who have been in the UK for less than five years are not entitled to welfare benefits if they (and their family members) are not economically active and not able to support themselves. Down to our Dave :good:

I'm afraid it isn't, it is a ruling over a challenge started several years ago and nothing to do with the recent renegotiations. In reality it has very little to do with the referendum other than setting a precedent that we have the right, in some cases, to give national interests priority over EU laws. It will give DC some evidence that we are not always dictated to by the EU and that we can chalkenge EU laws.

I appreciate it was started several years ago but the implication is that it supports the case and negotiation made by our Dave.

Link to the Independent below.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-court-backs-uks-ability-to-restrict-child-benefits-for-migrants-a7081046.html

I think you'll find the blame lies squarely with the environment agency.....

:lol: