Cheerio Northern Ireland

chrisjh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The possibility of a referendum is there. It would be a smart decision economically for the North to reunite with the South.

For us or for them ? Lol

The south is broke, has no health care etc etc.

My cousins wife's father is a farmer out there, recently diagnosed with cancer, paid out £80,000 so far for treatment 😕

just a follow up to the vote, given Scotland will almost certainly vote on independence again and with good grounds shouldn't we open the way for a united Ireland

Is this the same brand of CERTAINLY you were refering to regarding us staying in the EU last night or is it from a differrent Tin perhaps. ?

My mate had the figure that only 30% of catholics in NI actually wanted to unitied ireland, which shocked me if true.

Is there not still more prodestants in NI or is it approaching 50/50 now? As long as there is it won't really be a problem

If this kicks of should make for a peaceful marching season, not.

Must admit i never believed the Major/Blair's scare story about peace in NI but mibee nearer the truth than i thought

? Northern Ireland will vote leave the UK is that the same result to which you refer

Show me where that was highlighted in my reply sir. ? You know to which refendum i refer, accurate predictions are not your strong point. Your performance last night is clear evidence of this should you need it.

Show me where that was highlighted in my reply sir. ? You know to which refendum i refer, accurate predictions are not your strong point. Your performance last night is clear evidence of this should you need it.

dear god it was only one prediction i got the % turnout almost right, its not really fair to say one bad guess and i can never have another go

anyway i am not predicting the result only posting a question now being asked around the UK will Northern Ireland along with Scotland vote to separate from England & Wales

I believe we would vote to remain part of the UK. All of those who voted out would likely vote to remain British and of the ones who voted to remain in the eu a fair number would likely wish to remain loyal to Britain.

that would be my best guess (sorry Tony R) i am going to give it another go i think that Northern Ireland & Scotland would stay BUT should they be given the opportunity to vote and more importantly would the ROI be part of the process

that would be my best guess (sorry Tony R) i am going to give it another go i think that Northern Ireland & Scotland would stay BUT should they be given the opportunity to vote and more importantly would the ROI be part of the process

The ROI won't get to vote on it, that would go against all the agreements they have in place and would require their government to agree to change it.

Nor should they in my opinion, it should be the people that live there that get to vote on it, I wouldn't expect to vote in a Scottish Referendum and that would be much the same thing.

Edited by Jamesey1981

The ROI won't get to vote on it, that would go against all the agreements they have in place and would require their government to agree to change it.

Nor should they in my opinion, it should be the people that live there that get to vote on it, I wouldn't expect to vote in a Scottish Referendum and that would be much the same thing.

Wrong there would be two similtanious referendums one here and one in the south!

A positive result is needed in both for a united ireland!

Personally i would like to see it happen a level debate about the pros and cons would be a good thing!

Unfortunatly i feel r politicians would turn it into a slagging match that would make the recent remain scare tactics look honorable!

Its not goint to happen, a poll would be a waste time and money.

Northern Ireland says 'yes' to a border poll... but a firm 'no' to united ...

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk › News › Northern Ireland

shouldn't we open the way for a united Ireland

How would you go about that. ?

Edited by ordnance

Its not goint to happen

Says who? Sure britain was never going to leave the EU, and look what happened there. People over here let their bigotry and hatred blind them from thinking rationally. I would compare the unionist point of view to a venus fly trap in the rain. As soon as you mention a United Ireland, unionists surround themselves in this cocoon of ill conceived thoughts and opinions, similar to the way a venus fly trap will close up on heavy rain. It's never guna happen so it's nat. Well, in a weeks time ordnance you go online and do one of your wee google statistics searches, just to see how many loyal unionists have betrayed their nationality just to obtain an Irish passport.

The insecurity runs deep.

Edited by Cannon