Brexit - Merged Threads

mick miller

The course of events needs to be:

Conservatives elect new leader, who as a result becomes PM.

New PM must invoke Article 50 without delay.

PM must remain in post until 2020, next general election in order to provide stability for the markets and the economy, whilst providing continuity for negotiations to tke place and secure the right deal for the UK. The precedent has already been set by Gordon Brown succeding Tony Blair.

The whole exit of the EU is a massive issue that we must get right, it is much bigger than party politics.

Given the enormity of the consequence of our leaving it would be prudent to allow a cross party delegation, to conduct the negotiations. This is the time to role out people like Lord Digby Jones (a cross party peer).

The negotiations need to be along the lines outlined by UK Poacher.

This is spot on exactly whats needed. :good:

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst single market might be better on the face of it.

Presumably whatever the cash saving from EU membership could be divided up to farming , those areas of the country that need regen and any other pet schemes (nhs or whatever). If we cant sign for single market because we cant live with free movement of labour and we go into a simple tariff arrangement based on 3% tariff. Then our trade imbalance with the EU of £24bn means we would be nearly a £1bn better off. Assuming then we can maintain labour rates to be competitive and population levels to pay pensions and retain business that are in the euro supply chain (Toyota, Honda, Airbus and the like) by maintaining relaxed labour laws and competitive tax rates we have a simple deal to make?

He is my MP and has been good backing shooting and country matters. His accent could be a draw back but works hard here in Somerset.

I was just watching an old video where Nigel Farage was talking about JRM (way before Brexit). Nigel was saying he liked him because he speaks about what he believes in and he doesn`t pretend to be something he`s not. As Nige put it, he makes no bones about being posh, he doesn`t take off his tie and say "Call me Dave", he is what he is.

I think that sums up JRM rather nicely. He certainly seems to be hard working compared to many other MPs. Surprisingly it seems he`s quite the rebel too.

Pretty much told them how it is... Especially like the bit when he said none of them have worked for a living hahaha

They don't like it up em Mr Manwarring. They really dont like it. Good ole Nige, Go on my son.

like him or not - that was good :good:

Great speech from Farage.

Love the..."none of you have ever had a proper job"

I think the people in the rest of the EU should thank us.

We just continue to make ourselves look like idiots:-

GD5hs4f.jpg

Farage has been at the butt of derision, ridicule, lies and insults for the past 17 years; I would be more than a little surprised if anyone under similar circumstances could accept victory without enjoying a little pay back.

I've never been a great believer in not kicking a man when he's down; personally I can't think of a better opportunity. Once you've got your man down, keep him there, otherwise he may get back up and do the same to you. :good:

Mr Andriukaitis can probably tell you all about people with the same mindset.

Know what you mean cameron had that hint of blair about him, blair kind of poluted the whole political scene and it rubed off on a great many politicians, twas like a virus Blairitus perhaps. :lol:

Edited by TONY R

Farage used the word "most" - a word which means "every single one" to some of the more feeble minded.

Perhaps I could copy the dictionary definition of most - complete with arrows.

greatest in amount or degree.

"they've had the most success"
synonyms: nearly all, almost all, the greatest quantity/part/number, the majority, the bulk, the lion's share, the mass, the preponderance

There - gone and done it. ------------------------------------------------->

Edited by Gordon R

Should have fact-checked. Nig said, "Virtually none".

uEISeFg.jpg

Oh dear. maybe you should fact check which parties the above represent? With the exception of Vytenis Andriukaitis they're all highly eurosceptic and all sit alongside King Nige on the benches...which just goes to show how clever those who want a break from the EU are.

Thanks for pointing it out. :good:

I can't help feeling, given the coverage on television, the post-referendum debates (why do we need these?) that the general groundswell of populist opinion is now:

• Anyone that voted for BREXIT is too stupid to understand what it meant

• They only voted because it was a) a protest vote against the establishment b) they were racist right-wing fascists c) they believed the BREXIT'ers lies

• They didn't understand the real ramifications of their choice

• The minority voters (REMAIN) were actually the erudite, free thinking, non-rascist ones and should be listened to (mainly because they read the Guardian)

The longer this goes on, on TV, radio & social media the more I feel that the vote will be overturned, or a second referendum held (neverendum), Article 50 will never happen and we'll stay in the EU, maybe with a slightly negotiated position (paraded as real reform).

If this continues and we, as the majority, are ignored I really do feel that the EU and those that regard themselves as the real 'intelligentsia' will have to hold their hands up to the rise of the extremist far-right and everything that comes with it, believing, as I do, that the root of this ugly sentiment across the continent of Europe is borne from the policies of the EU, the lack of democracy and the associated Shengen agreements / free movement of labour (see immigration).

What thinks thee?

Well put.....but we shall be on guard against any moves to keep us in. The EU is in disarray, and there will be a couple of referendums there in the next few years. Even Ladbrokes wont give you good odds on the remaining 27 staying together!

Oh dear. maybe you should fact check which parties the above represent? With the exception of Vytenis Andriukaitis they're all highly eurosceptic and all sit alongside King Nige on the benches...which just goes to show how clever those who want a break from the EU are.

Thanks for pointing it out. :good:

He was addressing his boo boys across the floor! Watch it again!

It has happened in other countries many times.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/nazi-germany/the-night-of-the-long-knives/

But not here in recent times.

The more I hear him speak, the more I like him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_haCBTdKp8

He was spot on! But we do not want a Remainer as Prime Minister! Steven Crabb is a Remainer.

Edited by pinfireman

Whilst single market might be better on the face of it.

Presumably whatever the cash saving from EU membership could be divided up to farming , those areas of the country that need regen and any other pet schemes (nhs or whatever). If we cant sign for single market because we cant live with free movement of labour and we go into a simple tariff arrangement based on 3% tariff. Then our trade imbalance with the EU of £24bn means we would be nearly a £1bn better off. Assuming then we can maintain labour rates to be competitive and population levels to pay pensions and retain business that are in the euro supply chain (Toyota, Honda, Airbus and the like) by maintaining relaxed labour laws and competitive tax rates we have a simple deal to make?

No more "single movement of labour" just another term for dumping all their unwanteds here! Recent survey showed that out of every 100 arriving, only 7 are skilled workers, the rest unskilled and dependents! There is a large Slovak / Roma community here now, finding a skilled worker amongst them is like panning for gold on Cleethorpes beach!

We just continue to make ourselves look like idiots:-

GD5hs4f.jpg

Mr Andriukaitis can probably tell you all about people with the same mindset.

I particularly liked the "when I first came here all those

years ago, and said I wanted the UK to leave the EU, you all laughed at me...................well, you,re not laughing now"!

His remarks about most of them never having had a proper job was aimed at the boo boys across the chamber, NOT at his allies sat around him!

Noticed the markets and the £ going back up again steadily this morning :-) In fact if I went to change some euros today I would get a better deal than I did two years ago.

I say again...WE NEED A LIKE BUTTON ... I would have to type for thirty minutes to cover what has been said :-)

You are absolutely right!

I am with you but I also agree with a lot of what he says the problem is he always ends up spoiling it by saying something stupid :|

After the way they have belittled him over the years, he was entitled to have his moment! Nothing stupid about it, he told it as it is...............

He was spot on! But we do not want a Remainer as Prime Minister! Steven Crabb is a Remainer.

I quite agree although the Stephen Crabb thing isn`t really relevent to the clip, it just happens to be scrolling across. JRM has already thrown his lot behind Boris/

No more "single movement of labour" just another term for dumping all their unwanteds here! Recent survey showed that out of every 100 arriving, only 7 are skilled workers, the rest unskilled and dependents! There is a large Slovak / Roma community here now, finding a skilled worker amongst them is like panning for gold on Cleethorpes beach!

Interesting. My wife is Slovak worked in 7 different countries for her British employer, speaks 4 languages and pays 45% tax.

Yes that's very true but even then, are the 7% of workers who are skilled actually workers that we need? Or are they coming here undercutting the existing workforce? Destroying our labour market in the process.

Take bricklayers for example, in the 1960s a bricklayer earned well above the national average and about double what the labourer earned who fed him with bricks and mix.

Even twenty years ago they were on £100+ a day, today they would be offered £60 a day on a lot of sites. The same rate as a labourer.

In less than a generation there will be virtually no British bricklayers, there are hardly any kids coming into the trade and its hard to find a college doing C&G anymore. Why would any kid bother?

The skills shortage becomes a self fulfilling prophesy in these situations.

You can say the same about nurses, years ago every large hospital had a nurses school attached to it, now? I can't think of one.

My mum's cleaner is Bulgarian, she and her husband were both teachers back in Bulgaria but she works here as a cleaner and he does labouring of some sort, they are saving hard and will take their money home when they go. Do they count as skilled? How much value are they adding to the UK economy?

Edited by Vince Green

Oh right, so 'virtually none" of three people he was addressing specifically?

Did everyone understand that first time round?

He could just as easily be addressing the British Parliament. How many of them have ever done a proper job?

He was making a point and it was a valid one, politics is littered with people who are just there to fill chairs. People who would never hack it in a real job.

Edited by Vince Green