Brexit - Merged Threads

mick miller

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you are allowed to express an opinion, but you have some way to go yet before it is perceived as anything other than trolling.

It is trolling - third rate at that.

The speed at which posts disagreeing with the status quo on this forum are dismissed as trolling does nothing for its debating credentials.

Pensions are only worth what you get when you draw them out arent they?. Surely other than that they are just shares moving up and down all the time???

Is the right answer. If you have the ability to choose the funds that you are invested in AND you know what you are doing then by all means look and move money around. But for the majority of people choosing a lifestyle fund is best.

why is every response so childish and disrespectful ? why resort to name calling and abusive language

we will see how it plays out over the next 2 to 5 years from an economic perspective, if we can leave and continue to see growth in our economy with stability job opportunities then I will be the first to say I got it wrong, I am happy to get on with the chosen mandate and try to make it work, that said I am surely allowed to voice an opinion.

I do think its crass to drag those who sacrificed all 100 years ago into a rant so I wont dignify it with a response

You don't get that either do you that is exactly why they "sacrificed all"

we will see how it plays out over the next 2 to 5 years from an economic perspective, if we can leave and continue to see growth in our economy with stability job opportunities then I will be the first to say I got it wrong, I am happy to get on with the chosen mandate and try to make it work, that said I am surely allowed to voice an opinion.

Ooh ! What have we here,double standards,a hypocrite ? Or a t word . :rolleyes:

I for one want to leave the EU its Farage that will be the cause of us having to stay, the man is a racist and a liability to the leave campaign, that is the point of my post and all the evidence in the news today backs that position

Yes true and I am looking at March next year for my LS and drawdown so the next 12 months are important.[/quote

Then you shouldn't be in shares then. Anybody with 24 months to run before drawdown should be in low risk assets. If you are in a lifestyle portfolio then this will be done automatically.

Troll, VERB

[NO OBJECT]

Make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them

Disagree, VERB (disagrees, disagreeing, disagreed)

[NO OBJECT]

Have or express a different opinion

Browbeat, VERB (past browbeat; past participle browbeaten)

[WITH OBJECT]

Intimidate (someone), typically into doing something, with stern or abusive words:

Edited by Granett

It is about time people accepted Brexit and moved on.

No-one can say for certain whether it was a good move, great move or an awful mistake. It will be many years down the road before the true position will be known.

If the "Remain" camp carry on whinging for the next 5 years, it will be 5 years of their lives which they will never get back. In the meantime, they are doing their best to make everyone, who had the sheer audacity to cast their own vote to "Leave", miserable.

Time to knuckle down and try to make it work.

It is about time people accepted Brexit and moved on.

No-one can say for certain whether it was a good move, great move or an awful mistake. It will be many years down the road before the true position will be known.

If the "Remain" camp carry on whinging for the next 5 years, it will be 5 years of their lives which they will never get back. In the meantime, they are doing their best to make everyone, who had the sheer audacity to cast their own vote to "Leave", miserable.

Time to knuckle down and try to make it work.

What a laugh. If the vote had gone the other way can you imagine how PW Leavers would have reacted to a post from a Remainer saying what you've just said!

Are you seriously suggesting that everyone who is Pro Brexit would have just turned around and said, "Ah well. We tried. Now to commit wholeheartedly to the European project"?

Edited by Granett

What a laugh. If the vote had gone the other way can you imagine how PW Leavers would have reacted to a post from a Remainer saying what you've just said!

Are you seriously suggesting that everyone who is Pro Brexit would have just turned around and said, "Ah well. We tried. Now to commit wholeheartedly to the European project"?

I stated on here before the referendum and well before the result was known, ( it's on here in black and white if you care to look ) that I would vote to leave but fully expected to remain, and if that were the case would be disappointed but otherwise not too bothered as I truly believed the EU to be on its last legs and that it was just a matter of time ( perhaps 10 years or less ) that we would see it crumble and fall. Having two teenage children my only concern was that the break up would lead to civil unrest. Little did I know that a leave result would lead to otherwise rational and intelligent people advocating a second referendum. Best out of three? Keep going until the spoilt get the result they wanted?

I would have been no worse off if we had remained than I am now so what could I possibly have complained about? Would I have been lobbying for a second totally undemocratic referendum? In tears because the younger generation had 'destroyed my future'? Marching in London claiming that London could remain but that Cumbria should be allowed to leave? :lol: Would I have been comparing as similar to Hitler those who voted to remain? Are you serious?

As an aside, a local woman whose daughter claimed on FB that 75% of 18 to 24 year olds had voted to remain and that the older generation had destroyed the future of her generation, was replied to by me, to point out the errors in her claims, but I never heard a thing back for some reason. She has since posted ( less than a week after having had her future destroyed ) that her Uni' is sending her to Bulgaria for five weeks to perform on stage in some play or other! Poor thing; she must be distraught.

Her mother, whom I know quite well, has yet to respond and it will be interesting to see how she reacts when we next bump into each other in town. Another whom I know quite well also as she is a fellow artist, who had shared the petition calling for another referendum had the grace to look embarrassed when I bumped into her in town the other day, after I had asked her via FB if she thought what she was suggesting was democratic. She didn't respond.

I apologise for the rant but I am sick and tired of being told the leave campaign has destroyed this, that and the other. It was a democratic vote, the fact more people could be bothered to get off their backsides and vote to leave is who's fault exactly? Have any of the peeved minority considered having a pop at all those who couldn't be bothered to vote, rather than all those who did?

Edited by Scully

Well said scully, I find it infuriating when I hear the young accuse the old of 'stealing their future' its some of the old who risked everything including life and limb, or lived through ww2 that maintained the freedoms they enjoy today, I say this as one of the 'younger' generation (under 35 anyway)

I also voted to leave along with all of my family, we all expected a remain outcome though, and if that had been the case then we carry on as normal. I have had it face to face from work colleagues about how i know nothing and carp about voting leave... Funny though how i let it brush off and when they break fhere hardware or software I knowing nothing can fix it for them....

I beleive the being Gracious in defeat, something alot of the remain voters obviously do not.