Brexit - Merged Threads

mick miller

Noticed the markets and the £ going back up again steadily this morning :-) In fact if I went to change some euros today I would get a better deal than I did two years ago.

I say again...WE NEED A LIKE BUTTON ... I would have to type for thirty minutes to cover what has been said :-)

Edited by Walker570

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was quite embarrassed by Farage's speech in all honesty, he has won the vote and just goaded and insulted them.

It's not something I'd consider "British" to kick a man that is down, or gloat and goad people like a clown.

He should have made a speach about trade deals and relationships with nationals so countries start reaching out to us to make deals. Instead he just insults them and now expects them to make us a good offer!

I am with you but I also agree with a lot of what he says the problem is he always ends up spoiling it by saying something stupid :|

Indeed!

Perhaps we should apply this system at the next GE. We can take the Conservative party off the ballot papers and just let people vote on the others. I mean if you can`t be bothered to vote then you`re obviously happy with the incumbent government. :rolleyes:

I think this logic has some merit, :lol: Those who did not vote in the Referendum were content with the majority outcome, so leave won by a huge % far more than the 17 million. ;):lol:

I saw the Express article yesterday and didn`t post it for exactly the reason you mentioned. The document does make interesting reading though. Especially this passage

"The EU should be able to plan and conduct civil and military operations more effectively, with the support of a permanent civil-military chain of command. The EU should be able to rely on employable high-readiness forces and provide common financing for it`s operations"

Now it may not exactly state that they want an EU army but reading between the lines I have little doubt this is the direction they`re heading.

I would agree, the Express and some press will be talking it up to look worse than it is, and the document itself is carefully worded to play down what it actually entails, so the reality of it will most likely be somewhere in the middle.

It certainly doesn't look good to me, and I really hope that they drag their feet with the implementation of it so we can get out before any steps are made in that direction, I really wouldn't like to see our troops being sent off to die by Junker because Putin spilled his pint.

Edited by Jamesey1981

Another approach is the benign dictatorship approach used in countries such as Singapore. If you (your community votes for us) we will give your community money. If you don't then we will take money away.

And the ruling party, People's Action Party (PAP) has been in power, uninterrupted, since 1965. Last election in 2015 had 97% turnout and PAP won 86 of the 89 seats.

Seems the EU are still posturing about access to the single market. Insisting that all the unpopular stuff the UK voted against will still be valid. :rolleyes:

I wish I was a trade negotiator for the UK. It would go something like this:

So Angela love, you are saying that we have to conform with all the EU freedom of movement rubbish and pay tariffs and the like so that we can still sell to you lot?

Ja!

Well owd cock, does the States conform with the freedom of movement? Do the Chinese have to allow EU citizens freedom of movement?

Nein!

Do you still want to sell your German cars and trucks over here?

Oh. Ja!

Well, you'd better give us the same deals as the Yanks and Chinese then or your €56 million trade surplus will be cut to zilch!. And while you are about it, given that we buy twice as much from you as you do from us, you realise that any tariffs you try to impose on us will cost you double back?

And don't forget that you and your pal Hollande are up for election next year.

*******!

:lol:

Not as daft as it seems: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/27/nevermind-the-brexit-uk-will-emerge-with-a-good-trade-deal.html

Seems the EU are still posturing about access to the single market. Insisting that all the unpopular stuff the UK voted against will still be valid. :rolleyes:

I wish I was a trade negotiator for the UK. It would go something like this:

So Angela love, you are saying that we have to conform with all the EU freedom of movement rubbish and pay tariffs and the like so that we can still sell to you lot?

Ja!

Well owd cock, does the States conform with the freedom of movement? Do the Chinese have to allow EU citizens freedom of movement?

Nein!

Do you still want to sell your German cars and trucks over here?

Oh. Ja!

Well, you'd better give us the same deals as the Yanks and Chinese then or your 56 million trade surplus will be cut to zilch!. And while you are about it, given that we buy twice as much from you as you do from us, you realise that any tariffs you try to impose on us will cost you double back?

And don't forget that you and your pal Hollande are up for election next year.

*******!

:lol:

Not as daft as it seems: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/27/nevermind-the-brexit-uk-will-emerge-with-a-good-trade-deal.html

This pretty much sums it up, (in a rather comical way). The UK is basically a customer of the EU, it'd be like tesco telling you if you want to shop at their store you need to pay them for the privilege, if they did that I'd tell them where to stick it and shop at Morrison's, sainsburys etc instead. I don't get why so many people are so scared (not many on pigeon watch to be fair), I've quite enjoyed watching the EU panicking and trying to talk tuff, boots been on the other foot. On another note Nigel farage has gone up in my estimation, should get knighted, be interesting to see how he's viewed in the future.

Will the lights go out this winter?........http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-28/next-brexit-test-finding-136-billion-to-keep-u-k-s-lights-on

French state giant EDF said it's £18bn nuclear power plant at Hinkley Point is now in doubt.

Vattenfall AB, which was planning a 5.5 billion-pound wind farm off England’s east coast, said it is now reassessing it's position?

So should we tell them to shove it and build coal powered plants? Lets face it we have plenty of it.

Will the lights go out this winter?........http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-28/next-brexit-test-finding-136-billion-to-keep-u-k-s-lights-on

French state giant EDF said it's £18bn nuclear power plant at Hinkley Point is now in doubt.

Vattenfall AB, which was planning a 5.5 billion-pound wind farm off Englands east coast, said it is now reassessing it's position?

So should we tell them to shove it and build coal powered plants? Lets face it we have plenty of it.

I think brexit has got very little to do with hinkley, they've been on and off with this for ages and has more to do with how much money edf can get there hands on. Interesting idea with coal, I think the UK should do what's good for us for a change, we've been pushed about by the EU for far long

Brexit has nothing to do with Hinckley,the project has been on the rocks for over a year now,due to EDFs mismanagement.

But heres an idea ,scrap HS2 ,which was ,in my opinion,unneeded and 'showy' for the benefit of our EU (ex) masters.

And build one or two nuke stations,that way we can go some way to providing our own energy.

With British steel and expertise.

Makes more sense than a train that no one can afford to use.

Brexit has nothing to do with Hinckley,the project has been on the rocks for over a year now,due to EDFs mismanagement.

But heres an idea ,scrap HS2 ,which was ,in my opinion,unneeded and 'showy' for the benefit of our EU (ex) masters.

And build one or two nuke stations,that way we can go some way to providing our own energy.

With British steel and expertise.

Makes more sense than a train that no one can afford to use.

Cracking idea, ever thought about running for PM, I hear there's a vacancy opened up😁👍

I would suspect any EU 'defence force' would be more likely be used to contain and suppress the locals when it all starts to unravel.

German troops on the streets of Poland again? It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. :ninja:

I would suspect any EU 'defence force' would be more likely be used to contain and suppress the locals when it all starts to unravel.

German troops on the streets of Poland again? It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. :ninja:

See here is where that gets interesting..

It was demonstrated,and proved a few years ago ,that in the US ,foreign combat troops were training in dealing with civil disobedience.

Whilst this is nothing new,why would they need to travel so far to train.

Conspiracy ?

How would (if it came to it ) the US government forcibly take away weapons from a reluctant populace ?

Would American law enforcement or army, fire on its own people ?

Would the British army fire on peaceful protesters if they were Brits ?

Although it has happened in the past,its usually been a knee jerk or twitchy squaddie/grunt.

But with a foreign army, the odds are much higher that they would fire on unarmed civilians.

History has proved this.

See here is where that gets interesting..

It was demonstrated,and proved a few years ago ,that in the US ,foreign combat troops were training in dealing with civil disobedience.

Whilst this is nothing new,why would they need to travel so far to train.

Conspiracy ?

How would (if it came to it ) the US government forcibly take away weapons from a reluctant populace ?

Would American law enforcement or army, fire on its own people ?

Would the British army fire on peaceful protesters if they were Brits ?

Although it has happened in the past,its usually been a knee jerk or twitchy squaddie/grunt.

But with a foreign army, the odds are much higher that they would fire on unarmed civilians.

History has proved this.

They have in the past!

They have in the past!

As I said ,yes they have.

But if you are having your morning briefing and your commander is saying to you ' This morning we are going out to slaughter civilians of our own nation'

You may have a few issues with it..hopefully.

As I said ,yes they have.

But if you are having your morning briefing and your commander is saying to you ' This morning we are going out to slaughter civilians of our own nation'

You may have a few issues with it..hopefully.

It has happened in other countries many times.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/nazi-germany/the-night-of-the-long-knives/

The course of events needs to be:

Conservatives elect new leader, who as a result becomes PM.

New PM must invoke Article 50 without delay.

PM must remain in post until 2020, next general election in order to provide stability for the markets and the economy, whilst providing continuity for negotiations to tke place and secure the right deal for the UK. The precedent has already been set by Gordon Brown succeding Tony Blair.

The whole exit of the EU is a massive issue that we must get right, it is much bigger than party politics.

Given the enormity of the consequence of our leaving it would be prudent to allow a cross party delegation, to conduct the negotiations. This is the time to role out people like Lord Digby Jones (a cross party peer).

The negotiations need to be along the lines outlined by UK Poacher.