Brexit - Merged Threads

mick miller

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pointing out the inevitable.

Still optimistic despite early losses from trying to predict the market, but now having reversed these early this week its not so bad so far. Every cloud has an opportunity to make a margin :)

Are they actually dumb enough to think marching will change anything ? Petulance, denial and inability to grasp how voting works. Jarvis Cocker reportedly said " you can't change the map, we are part of Europe". Err, no we aren't. Its called the channel. We are an Island.

We are indeed a part of Europe, always have been and always will be.

We didn't vote to leave Europe, we voted to leave the EU. It's a shame so many people don't understand the difference.

Edited by poontang

Can't beat democracy for firing up a bit of anarchy :rolleyes:

http://news.sky.com/story/1720656/london-brexit-protest-thousands-march-for-eu

To all those who took part in the anti democracy "remain" march in London yesterday.....if you don't want to live in a democracy and accept democratic decisions.......why don't you find a nice non democratic country and go live there?.........Can I suggest they try North Korea?????........no??.........I thought not!

So farage is the latest to jump ship.it seems all the politicians who wanted out are now running for the hills.makes you wonder if you can believe any of them.they all want what is best for the UK but none of them seem to want to oversee it.

Edited by bostonmick

So farage is the latest to jump ship.it seems all the politicians who wanted out are now running for the hills.makes you wonder if you can believe any of them.they all want what is best for the UK but none of them seem to want to oversee it.

Farage is not in power, nor does he have any say on how we exit, I can't see how he could be held responsible after brexit good or bad at present

Farage is not in power, nor does he have any say on how we exit, I can't see how he could be held responsible after brexit good or bad at present

Correct he is not in power.but with talk of another general election possible he may have stood for and won a seat and as an mp would have had influence. We are now looking at a remain campaigner negotiating our exit terms.all I can see is get ready for some real problems in the future.he will definitely not have any influence standing on the outside with Boris.

Correct he is not in power.but with talk of another general election possible he may have stood for and won a seat and as an mp would have had influence. We are now looking at a remain campaigner negotiating our exit terms.all I can see is get ready for some real problems in the future.he will definitely not have any influence standing on the outside with Boris.

He's still in the eu parliament so he'll keep his hand in, the man should be knighted

Here we are, potentially up to our Brexit necks in it already?

IMO, One thing our politicians never fail to disappoint in is not having a clue in how to react in a responsibility in a crisis?

Just look at the forerunners and also ran's?

Terrified!

We certainly need a viable effective opposition too?

The result was a victory for democracy - a concept some find difficult to digest.

When we leave the EU, I do wonder what will happen to Labour. An effective opposition - they are not. They are in danger of oblivion. Another leadership vote to keep Corbyn, will finish them in my opinion.

The result was a victory for democracy - a concept some find difficult to digest.

THIS

When we leave the EU, I do wonder what will happen to Labour. An effective opposition - they are not. They are in danger of oblivion. Another leadership vote to keep Corbyn, will finish them in my opinion.

If I understand it properly, for the princely sum of three quid each we can all vote to keep Corbyn as party leader and therefore ensure Labour are unelectable for the foreseeable future. Sounds like value for money to me.👍

I was just watching #Brexit Aftermath #2 - Anti-Democracy Activists by Sargon of Akkad on Youtube. Well worth a watch just for the conversations with those protesting in London over the result of the referendum. Interesting to note that many of those protesting were not even British citizens. More interesting amusing were the attempted answers to the question "What are the best 3 things about the EU?".

At the end of the video he references a couple of articles written since the referendum about democracy, I won`t comment about them myself I`ll just post links. I would have posted the video itself but there`s quite a bit of swearing in it. So, rather than risk the wrath of the moderators I`ve just posted the title.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/29/why-elections-are-bad-for-democracy

http://fusion.net/story/320557/brexit-hamilton-democracy/

Taken from the article. Property has always been boom and bust.

Are we seeing a repeat of 2008?

Probably not, no. Superficially this looks like a similar situation, with investors clamouring to get their money out of funds, after warnings that the commercial property market may have overheated and the economy is about to take a turn for the worse.

But, although it will take months to gauge the fallout from Britain's decision to leave the EU, initially this is being described as a blip rather than a long term setback for commercial property.

Adrian Lowcock, head of investing at Axa Wealth says: 'During the financial crisis many investors were stuck in funds which had closed to redemptions as liquidity dried up.

'However, whilst there is a short term issue with the asset class, I do not think this will lead to long term closure of property funds as it is driven by asset allocation decisions not by investors needing access to money.'

Brian Dennehy,managing director at Fundexpert.co.uk also predicts that the problems will be temporary.

'It is not like 2007/8 when some funds also suspended dealing. Back then property prices had been inflated by too much debt and speculation.

'Those two features are largely absent now...We are seeing no selling by clients and believe most of the selling which has occurred is by institutional sellers and similar who are a bit panicky - this will pass.'