Next England manager

steyrman

I don't see how the manager is so important. The players that England put on the field are world class but not one of them could string two passes together or not fall over. For many years we have lost sight of what the object of the game is, and that is to put the ball in the back of the opponent's goal. All we do is keep tip taping the ball sideways and backwards until We loose it. The players are on the field and it is them that have to do the business. Should we have a single manager? What do the assistants do? Look at all of the managers that individual clubs have had and sacked. Jose mourinio is a good example. He had top players at Chelsea and suddenly they can't sand up. I'd go for someone like Judgement Kinsman.

Yes I would give big Al a go too he would command respect in the changing room for sure

Respect, yes but would this transfer to the pitch and getting goals? He didn't stop Newcastle going down when he was in charge there. Gary Neville was a good player and a TV pundit but he got the sack from Valencia and he was one of Toys top right hand men.

I had, had my doubts about Roy's abilities for some time. He just didn't seem to react quickly enough to situations. What was the point of putting Rashford on with 4 minutes left.

Edited by fortune

No he didn't stop Newcastle going down and I don't think anyone appointed at that time could of with 6 or so games to go and a team he inherited but I would still give him a go he can't do any worse than we've had

Totally agree with Krugerandsmith they need to be told that they aren't as good as they think

Edited by steyrman

Shearer I think may just do us proud

He was absolutely spitting after the Iceland defeat that they were so badly prepared.

He might not be the best in the world but he would be a hell of a lot better than Woy.

Interesting as an outsider how useless the English players were.

Photo in one of yesterdays papers of Rooney and wife relaxing on board a luxury yacht ....Rumour has it ... he booked the cruise before the tournament.

That's all it will be a rumour, don't confuse the fact that they are rubbish with not wanting to win. They'll have wanted to win the tournament as much as any other team the problem is English football is rotten from top to bottom.

the only way the England team will be successful is if dramatic changes are made. as I mentioned in a previous post alan shearer was responsible for the change in fortune of german football. during a defeat by England the head of the german fa was so shocked by how easy shearer took them apart that the next day he sacked everyone and said german football had to be rebuilt from the bottom up. every level of international football had to be played the same so players come seamlessly move up through the levels without changes being made. players don't get picked because they are the best they get picked because they suit the team. the german manager was also allowed to go backwards if it helped going forward at a later stage.

the England team don't have a style of football, all levels play differently. so when players move through the levels they are constantly having to adapt the way they play. we don't pick players to suit the team we pick the flavour of the month and expect everyone to change. because of the money involved managers must qualify for every tournament they are not allowed to develop a team over 4 years every team is a 2 year project.

unless radical changes are made to football similar to appointing eddie jones for the rugby team nothing will change.

Edited by toontastic

That's all it will be a rumour, don't confuse the fact that they are rubbish with not wanting to win. They'll have wanted to win the tournament as much as any other team the problem is English football is rotten from top to bottom.

the only way the England team will be successful is if dramatic changes are made. as I mentioned in a previous post alan shearer was responsible for the change in fortune of german football. during a defeat by England the head of the german fa was so shocked by how easy shearer took them apart that the next day he sacked everyone and said german football had to be rebuilt from the bottom up. every level of international football had to be played the same so players come seamlessly move up through the levels without changes being made. players don't get picked because they are the best they get picked because they suit the team. the german manager was also allowed to go backwards if it helped going forward at a later stage.

the England team don't have a style of football, all levels play differently. so when players move through the levels they are constantly having to adapt the way they play. we don't pick players to suit the team we pick the flavour of the month and expect everyone to change. because of the money involved managers must qualify for every tournament they are not allowed to develop a team over 4 years every team is a 2 year project.

unless radical changes are made to football similar to appointing eddie jones for the rugby team nothing will change.

Agreed good post Edited by martindd