Advice

bullet1747

Long story short

Nephew is a real scum bag been banned from driving twice drunk racing , smokes dope every day no job he can hold on to

My mother lives with sister and the scum , he now is taking my mothers car still banned and smoking dope , I've reported him to the other number for the local plod but no joy , mother won't do anything to him as he is her grandson and doesn't want to get him in to any more trouble sister is a waste off space don't get on with her , don't get me wrong we are a good family part from the scum and sister ,

For me he can rot in hell I want to get this kid his just deserves any advice

About all you can do is hope when he crashes the car he hits a tree and not a kid

Ain't that lucky if he did he would come out smelling of roses

I had him pinned up to a wall year my dad died , dad said let him go did wot he asked as I new he was on his way out he had last stages of cancer , told him has I lowered him carefully when my dad has gone don't ever come near me and ha haven't

Edited by bullet1747

Report it to the Police, pretty much all you can do.

Not having a dig but you seem to be trying to go out of your way to cause trouble a bit. It's your mothers car and if she willingly lets him use it knowing what you know that is down to her in my opinion, if / when the car is seized it will be both of their fault to be honest.

Personally I'd stay out of their business, although report it to the Police (as you have said you have done). Going out of your way to make things difficult for your sister and her son (the scum as you call him) will just drive a wedge between your family.

Edited by Lloyd90

So ya mum is letting an un licence/insured scumbag drive her car, I think plod would not be to happy about that. Maybe you should point that out to mother before the lil **** does hurt someone.

Atb. Mick

Rephrase wot I wrote , never said she gives him the car said he takes the car

Report it to the Police, pretty much all you can do.

Not having a dig but you seem to be trying to go out of your way to cause trouble a bit. It's your mothers car and if she willingly lets him use it knowing what you know that is down to her in my opinion, if / when the car is seized it will be both of their fault to be honest.

Personally I'd stay out of their business, although report it to the Police (as you have said you have done). Going out of your way to make things difficult for your sister and her son (the scum as you call him) will just drive a wedge between your family.

I know wot your saying , if he hurts some one or kills some one and I kept my mouth shut I would have to live with this for the rest off my life , dont worry about the wedge mate bigger the better and stainless steel so it don't rust and rot

Write to your M.P. with your concerns about the lack of Police action ,believe me they will definitely stand up and take notice when an M.P. is breathing down their neck .

Unless they are there at the time of him driving his Nans car it's just hear say.

Do you suggest a Police officer sits outside your sisters house 24/7 on the chance that he might take the car ?

As said, report it to the Police, give them the number plate and details and then leave it to them.

Unless they are there at the time of him driving his Nans car it's just hear say.

Do you suggest a Police officer sits outside your sisters house 24/7 on the chance that he might take the car ?

As said, report it to the Police, give them the number plate and details and then leave it to them.

Just find it frustrating

Markers are frequently put on cars for this sort of thing.

No, you're not going to get police sitting outside the house 24/7 waiting for him to drive it. But give police the information and they may put a marker on the vehicle to say it's being driven by someone who's disqual/under the influence ect.

When it pings an anpr camera an available nearby unit will stop it and nick him.

Problem is there won't be a free unit because everyone will be committed dealing with either a regular misper, absconder from hospital, someone threatening to jump off a bridge/in front of a train, someone with mental health issues, someone in custody that needs to be taken to hospital because they're lying about having chest pains, someone who's 14 year old son has been called a **** on facebook, the town drunk, a weary domestic, a drug dealer that's stabbed another drug dealer.

The usual things that make the job so rewarding :-)

Whilst I can understand your Mum not wanting him to get in more trouble, it is not helping that she is not preventing him getting hold of her car keys which would be a positive step to helping him not get into trouble. I guess she is quite elderly and is it that he is intimidating her into letting him get his own way? That is something that would worry me as much as the driving does.

The problem here sounds like it started when he was a child.

When you report it to the police, ensure you ask for - and are given - an incident number.

That way, if someone does file it under 'bin', and he did happen to have an accident, then the person who did nothing about it would be up slurry creek, and nobody wants to be the person left without a paddle in that situation !

No but an advisory can be put on the car that if a male is driving then it is worth a pull as he is likely to be banned, no insurance and TWOC!

No but an advisory can be put on the car that if a male is driving then it is worth a pull as he is likely to be banned, no insurance and TWOC!

That is why I suggested reporting it to the Police. They should do that when it is reported to them, if they don't they're a joke (but I wouldn't be surprised).

As for the mobile phone tracker idea, 1) is that even legal ? 2) like I said earlier, that is just going way too far out of your way to end up getting someone else into trouble.

Personally I'd report it very seriously and stay away from that entire lot and only bother with the mother.

Realistically all you can do is report it, if he is under the influence of drugs and takes the car then used 999 not 101, as there is a real chance that his actions could cost lives.

Should someone permit an unlicensed, uninsured person under the influence of drink or drugs to use their vehicle then that will mean both commit an offence.

The Police are so busy and so short staffed in some areas they simply cannot respond. I would suggest that you report it to the police direct but additionally you report it via Crime stoppers (link below).

https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/give-information-online/

Using crime stoppers you can give what ever info you wish entirely anonymous, (protected by the court) this means any embellishment cannot be attributed to you.

This may seem an odd thing to say but if you report external to the police its much harder for them to ignore as records are kept as to when they were informed.

Possession of drugs as you described is an offence, if you know he has them in a property then report that, if you believe he supplies them IE gives them to other people or even offers to then that is an offence. Its unlikely the police will ignore a person reported for supplying drugs. If the individual has weapons (ny type, homemade or otherwise) around the house I would add that to your list when reporting direct or via crime stoppers.

Edited by Delboysparky

That is why I suggested reporting it to the Police. They should do that when it is reported to them, if they don't they're a joke (but I wouldn't be surprised).

As for the mobile phone tracker idea, 1) is that even legal ? 2) like I said earlier, that is just going way too far out of your way to end up getting someone else into trouble.

Personally I'd report it very seriously and stay away from that entire lot and only bother with the mother.

As a non police employee you can use trackers or other surveillance without the need for authority under RIPA. If you are tracking your own vehicle or have permission from the owner then you would be lawful, however you may sail close to the stalking definition, unless its for a lawful purpose.

In truth if you used a tacker (such as 'find my iPhone') and you passed it to the police its unlikely stalking or anything similar would be even considered, and if you don't offer up the info regarding the tracker then most Police Officers really won't care, they will be happy to lock up Mr Wayward.

Drivers under the influence of drink or Drug kill more people than guns in the UK, its absolutely worth reporting, its not themselves they kill, its kids and old people who cannot get out of their way.

Also remember (and the Commissioner of the Met Police advocates this) ANYONE as a citizen of the UK has a power to arrest if its not practicable for a constable to do so. If you feel lives are in danger and you are able to do so, you should consider this (cautiously I may add). This will not be a popular opinion with many police officers because we have a culture in the UK of only the Police being allowed to act.

Edited by Delboysparky