shotgun licence for children

Listening to it now, and she is actually listening to the what is being said and Amber Hill has been mentioned couple of times. Seems like a calm conversation to me which is informative.

Now open to the public... Will be interesting...

The guy from basc did well, and Vanessa doesn't seem to be getting as worked up about shooting items as other presenters usually do Edited by toontastic

Oh dear god! One awful caller, kids going home and showing the friends.. Jeez

This is the problem with the uneducated.

Guys was a muppet, kids just coming home with mates and walking about with guns then linking them to commiting armed robberies. Even Vanessa realised he was talking ****

I think that it is the biggest problem the sport faces.. People are completely un educated regarding it.

Take football, everyone knows about it as its on TV every weekend.. Everyone knows people get steaming drunk, some even end up fighting, but thats now seen as normal behaviour.

Mention a gun and all hell breaks lose... And the one caller just showed how poorly educated people are. My nephews come to my house and have no idea where the key for my cabinet is, but do know I shoot. They couldn't get my key even if they tried and its to high to reach and locked in its own safe.

Edited by ShootingEgg

Guest cookoff013

in the states there was a clayshooing program, some celebrities have lessons and are filmed doing so. the celebs were then competing regular in comps with each other, i think there were 6 celebs....

maybe this will bring to light what our sport is.

My daughter is six and has her own little .410 (on my ticket!!) at the moment I have her carrying the gun around empty (when in the field/s) when I am completely happy that she is showing perfect gun safety then and ONLY then will I let her have real shells instead of the at present dummy shells. Like someone has already stated majority of the time it is the person using the gun and not the gun itself that is the issue hence why I have been drilling in to my daughter about gun safety for the last 9 months. Only time she fires live rounds is when I don't have my gun so to be able to give her 100% concentration. I will never forget her face when she shot her first squirrel, one very proud daddy lol!!!

I was listening to this as i was crawling up the motorway to Perth. I must admit having heard the trailer my blood pressure medication was starting to do overtime, however once the slot started it was overwhelmingly positive. Well done the basc fellah and all the shooters that put their views across, also well done the beeb, although im guessing it wasn't the debate you were expecting lol!