Road Rage - what would you do?

djrwood

If you report it to the Police, he may well face Police action. Then again, so might your wife. It might seem trivial, but it is classed as an offence.

I would speak to the manager or owner of the garage. Either he accepts it and does something about it or he doesn't.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a bit of 50/50 initially HOWEVER once he had gotten out of his car he is the one who escalated the situation and really should have backed off once he realised it was a woman and especially a pregnant one at that. If I were in your shoes and it was me wife I'd want to kidnap him and rape him lol because all reason goes out the window when it's your family however the best thing to do to screw him up would be to try and lose the a hole his job

This afternoon my wife who is 38 weeks pregnant rang me up in tears. She was driving in to Kings Lynn and was in the right hand lane of a dual carriageway that merged in to a single lane. She ended up alongside a van who would not let her in. The man in the van started to shout at her and she flipped him off. He then proceeded to drive after her, flashing lights telling her to pull over. When traffic forced her to stop he got out of the van, came up to her window and was screaming abuse calling her all sorts. Actually at one point told her to get out the car for a fight! Thankfully she is a strong woman and said to him, "you're a big man starting a fight with a pregnant woman". It was afterwards that she broke down in tears.

The van was sign written with a local MOT garage. I have rang them up to speak to the manager, who is out until this afternoon. I've left my number and said if I don't get a call back I will be down there this afternoon.

Now I am not sure how to play it. My blood is boiling and if I see the guy I'm going to take his face off. Town is a small place and after a couple of phone calls I already know who he is. He is a little scrote and my worry is not an initial scrap, but he seems to be the sort of coward that will be trying to find out where I live to put my windows through or damage my cars. I know being the bigger man and forgetting about it is the thing to do, but the thought of a little coward being so abusive to a pregnant woman presses all of my buttons. If I had been driving by and seen it happening to a different woman, I'd have been out the car and put one on the end of his snout.

What would you do?

Ah the mini dual carriageway near Terrington St John? That is the only one that goes from dual to single carriageway without a roundabout in between the dual and single carriageway.

I would just have stepped on the brakes and slowed right down and slotted in behind him not given the driver the bird! Even so that is some over response on the part of the van driver, who had to get from in front of your wife to behind her! So she had to pass him at some point....

I would go to the police.

Many moons ago I would have been round there like a shot and got myself into trouble, but many moons ago road rage didn't seem to be an issue.

Strange isn't it?

I sometimes think my tickets are the only thing which keep me on the straight and narrow.

My advice; inform the rozzers and leave it to them, but doing nothing isn't an option in my opinion.

Sounds like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other to me. The police will be more interested in your actions if you do something daft.

Get a dash cam. If something like this happens again you have it on tape, then the police will get involved.

Atb

Not sure it was 6 of one in this instance. I agree flipping him off wasn't her best moment in time, but for any man to go off on a woman the way he did is unacceptable, even more so as she is heavily pregnant.

Regardless of what happened, even if she drove like a rally driver and cut him up, he still shouldn't get out shouting abuse and telling her to get out the car. Any man who excuses that isn't much of a man in my book

You really need to report this to the police, as he may have had a little think to himself, and reported your wife to the police first, to take some heat off himself.

He is in the wrong, even if your wife flicked a finger at him, his aggressive driving, and threatening behavior is unacceptable.

Tell the police everything, so when they speak to him nothing he says will come as a surprise.

Hitman.

Ah the mini dual carriageway near Terrington St John? That is the only one that goes from dual to single carriageway without a roundabout in between the dual and single carriageway.

I would just have stepped on the brakes and slowed right down and slotted in behind him not given the driver the bird! Even so that is some over response on the part of the van driver, who had to get from in front of your wife to behind her! So she had to pass him at some point....

No it was where the two lanes merge at south gate. It's perfectly fine to filter together there and wasn't a case of her trying to overtake everyone!

Any how, my rage has gone and my wife is fine. We've got bigger ghings to worry about with her having a few complications. His boss failed to call me back and refused to talk when I rang.

No need to chase anymore. Just hope it's me or some nasty ****** he tries it with next time!

No it was where the two lanes merge at south gate. It's perfectly fine to filter together there and wasn't a case of her trying to overtake everyone!

Any how, my rage has gone and my wife is fine. We've got bigger ghings to worry about with her having a few complications. His boss failed to call me back and refused to talk when I rang.

No need to chase anymore. Just hope it's me or some nasty ****** he tries it with next time!

Many moons ago I would have been round there like a shot and got myself into trouble, but many moons ago road rage didn't seem to be an issue.

Strange isn't it?

I sometimes think my tickets are the only thing which keep me on the straight and narrow.

My advice; inform the rozzers and leave it to them, but doing nothing isn't an option in my opinion.

This exactly sums up my thoughts.

Just give it some time then start booking random cars in for big servicing jobs, a few mots etc etc. Waste his time a bit, maybe go online and do a few reviews for his garage. Its amazing what 10mins of your time and a few email addresses can do lol.

So it was the boss driving then?

Not sure it was 6 of one in this instance. I agree flipping him off wasn't her best moment in time, but for any man to go off on a woman the way he did is unacceptable, even more so as she is heavily pregnant.

Regardless of what happened, even if she drove like a rally driver and cut him up, he still shouldn't get out shouting abuse and telling her to get out the car. Any man who excuses that isn't much of a man in my book

I'm not defending the scrote. No excuse for how he escalated the situation. Just looking at it from the police POV. It's his word against hers and no one was hurt, so I'd bet a paperwork avoidance excersise would be the outcome of any reporting you did.

I drive with a dash cam these days simply for my own protection.

Atb

Taking revenge (GBH) will not help your SGC.

Also her flipping the finger at him did not help. Most would get peed off with that.

Was the weather hot.

So she flipped him the finger , doesn't make it right to confront her and offer to FIGHT a women never mind a pregnant women , I've been flipped the finger never chanced them and offered them a fight ,

These people are scum and bullies and need dealing with in the correct manner

illustration2_zps4tbqqelz.jpg

If folks look at the illustration it is the road that runs in the approximate 12 o clock position, each lane merges with equal priority and drivers can get a bit temperamental at this juncture!

Each lane has equal priority!

Edited by secretagentmole

No-one seems to care that the OP's wife could be in trouble. They are both at fault, albeit the male driver is a complete coward and idiot.

I don't think she will be in trouble. The bloke was abusive first flashing lights and shaking his hand like he was rolling the dice. Too this my wife flipped him off.

I think now what's done is done. My wife doesn't want me to make a big deal of it and as I said earlier we've got more important things to worry about.

I believe in karma and I'm sure that idiot will get his just deserts when he tries to be clever with the wrong one next time

drjwood - whoever started it, your wife has potentially committed an offence, although it would take a hard hearted Policeman to make an issue of it.

Please, do not misunderstand me - I think your wife probably reacted in the way that 99.9% of the public would do. I think the other driver is a cowardly piece of scum who deserves to suffer.

I would just consider cause and effect. Personally, I would still speak to the owner of the garage - it could affect his business. I have seen enough stuff on Facebook where people spread the word about boycotting businesses.

An idiot in Manchester kept swerving in front of another on the M60. He duly appeared in court, by which time his business had gone bust.

im saying nothing, but i know what id like to do in your position. but you always have to consider your SGC, on the odd association iv had reason to think sod my SGC people just cant get away with stuff just because i have a SGC, but then you just have to think about what it means to you, when you see him one day, just poke him in the eye :good::good::good: and as said, you will only get yourself in trouble and then he wins, report it to the the old bill, wipe your mouth and move on :good::good:

I don't think she will be in trouble. The bloke was abusive first flashing lights and shaking his hand like he was rolling the dice. Too this my wife flipped him off.

I think now what's done is done. My wife doesn't want me to make a big deal of it and as I said earlier we've got more important things to worry about.

I believe in karma and I'm sure that idiot will get his just deserts when he tries to be clever with the wrong one next time

:good::good::good::good:

drjwood - whoever started it, your wife has potentially committed an offence, although it would take a hard hearted Policeman to make an issue of it.

Please, do not misunderstand me - I think your wife probably reacted in the way that 99.9% of the public would do. I think the other driver is a cowardly piece of scum who deserves to suffer.

I would just consider cause and effect. Personally, I would still speak to the owner of the garage - it could affect his business. I have seen enough stuff on Facebook where people spread the word about boycotting businesses.

An idiot in Manchester kept swerving in front of another on the M60. He duly appeared in court, by which time his business had gone bust.

I understand and I'm not into. It's not the garage owners fault and I wouldn't want to affect how he feeds his family just because he employs a bell!

A different stage in life and id be reacting differently

I'm sorry....

Those saying the poor lady has committed "an offence"....

Care to explain what that offence is???

Balls to the garage..... do not speak to anyone there will cause issues if it's formally taken forward..... go to the police and report it...

Edited by bazzab