Are Eley Pigeon Select any good?

I bought a slab a while ago and only have a few left and have noticed no difference compared to my usual clear pigeon 32g.

It's easy when you miss one to think it's the cartridge to blame, but it rarely, if ever is, down to the cartridge.

I've also tried using 7.5s just recently when they are decoying well over the pattern and they kill just as clean.

Pigeon Selects are a good cartridge , used a slab earlier this summer and had some good kills. As for your question hunterfarmer, as motty said it could be range, practice guessing range on fixed objects and then pace it out. If your pattern is too far out to start with, you will be pushing the range on 2nd shots.

Rc cartridges are all you need I won't use anything else

Dave

In most cases , poor cartridge performance is down to the person pulling the trigger , find a cartridge you like and stick to it , then if your having a off day you will know it is you and not the cartridge.

Rc are very good cartridges , been about for a while now and are standing the test of time .

Thanks for the replys. Is the best way to aim to go through the bird and keep it at his beak pull the trigger and keep moving? Thanks

If you are asking that I suggest to be fair to your quarry you go and get a couple of lessons at a shooting school, it will be money well spent.

As above It's simple, you put the lead on the target and it will do the job. Feathering is usually a bit behind. if you hit em up the front end they usually drop em. make sure that you can shoot or you will blame the cartridge > or the gun > or anything except yourself.