canabis, am i missing something ?

Davyo

It's really simple to legalise or not. Pretend everything is ok and catch the odd pot head here and there. Or legalise it and make millions, create lots of jobs . Loads of countries have done recently and everyone hasn't ended up a crackhead by lunch.

How can a government say it's illegal when there's never been a recorded death because of it. You can't overdose on weed. But there's hundreds of deaths a day due to alcoholism, how can I take a government seriously when you can buy cigarettes and or alcohol which kill thousands a year. Fills a&e on a weekend with drunks, yet some stoners who watch a film and get a takeaway is classed as worse.

It's never going away and is only getting more popular, so 2 choices of pretend everything is fine or legalise and make millions. Not a tough desicion to me. Just my thoughts. ATB 425

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is where i have a problem with it , ive seen it go wrong and watched the following devastation.

Likely that person was susceptible to mental illness anyway and cannabis just accelerated the process.

I'm not sure of the figures, but the cases of recorded mental illness attributed to cannabis were in the tens last year (I'm trying to see if I can find the exact figures again). That's from several million users.

As I've said before, the biggest problem I see with it is that it makes people very dull. still, better than cocaine I suppose, that just makes them gobby and arrogant.

Edited by mick miller

Alcohol is only damaging when drunk to excess, a couple of pints a night in our local 5 nights a week would be ok, two joints a night 5 days a week? Would there be any damage? Our local is a Smiths pub, I know where it's made. Local dealer..? I have no idea what he supplies and neither does the user.

Alcohol is only damaging when drunk to excess, a couple of pints a night in our local 5 nights a week would be ok, two joints a night 5 days a week? Would there be any damage? Our local is a Smiths pub, I know where it's made. Local dealer..? I have no idea what he supplies and neither does the user.

Do you really believe that 2 pints 5 nights a week isn't a problem?!

I must be naive, I honestly think drinking most nights is a problem. No offence meant to anyone, just my opinion. And I have been there myself, I went T-total for 6 months when I recognised how much I was drinking. I have the odd drink again now, but I have really lost the taste for it.

I have never tried pot, but the sci-fi writer who is really into scotch whisky (and whose name I cannot presently recall) said that the high from marijuana is like being drunk on scotch. As a man who very much enjoys getting drunk on scotch, I suspect I would enjoy da erb.

Not only that, but I would probably become an unbearable cannabis snob, and only buy the organic free-range Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall-endorsed Woodland Trust heritage broadleaf hemp.

I'd probably grow my own as well.

But it's illegal. And I don't.

LS

I have never tried pot, but the sci-fi writer who is really into scotch whisky (and whose name I cannot presently recall) said that the high from marijuana is like being drunk on scotch. As a man who very much enjoys getting drunk on scotch, I suspect I would enjoy da erb.

Not only that, but I would probably become an unbearable cannabis snob, and only buy the organic free-range Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall-endorsed Woodland Trust heritage broadleaf hemp.

LS

single moult weed ;)

LS

Iain Banks ?

He also did a book on the perfect dram I think.

Guest cookoff013

Man's oldest medicine, for the religious amongst you the oil jesus was anointed with was Infused with the flowering heads of the cannabis plant. It's an absurd situation when cannabis is illegal yet looked down upon by those who drink to excess then proceed to beat up their wife or sleep with half the town

acupuncture too?

(i`ll get my coat)

The law is stupid most drugs if they are pure and taken in moderation will not do you much harm the problem is the stuff that people get from drug dealers how do you now that it has been made properly or what rubbish has been mixed with it.

If all or most drugs was made legal and you could if you are over 18 go into a chemist and buy small quantities for your own use it would be both safe and as has been said it could be taxed but the best part of all it would put all of the scumbag grug dealers out of work and if addicted people could get it on free proscriptions then our crime rate would drop and our prisons would soon empty saving us all a load of money.