First Encounetr with Sabs...horrible bunch

lloydi73

Well, last night myself and a friend were out lamping the bunnies when what I thought were headlights of cars in the distance, didn't seem to be going fast or following the road got closer and closer......when it dawned on me they were people walking, silly niaive me thought they were lost orienterers, so up to them I drove with window down....did I get a shock, they started screaming at us and tried to jump through the window and grabbing at riffles in passengers hands.

Nasty vile little creatures nothing to them, but as they know, us being armed and them not, we'd be the ones in trouble so I had to put foot to floor and speed off my land I was legally on, unlike them!!

Phoned the police and I was quite surprised they took an interest and turned up 20mins later, I thought it would be just a case of log call and do nowt. I'm now waiting to be interviewed about the situation. My friend took registrations of their vehicles parked up as they approached him when he got back into his car, with a cam, and tried accosting him, luckily he had no weapons in car and just said he was parked up making a phone call.

But you should, have seen them, about 6/8 cars swarming around the Cotswolds. We stopped in the BP station at Stow to meet up with Police and discovered the sabs were out in force and the police were receiving numerous phonecalls about them last night and theyd chased 2 other sets of shooters off also.

So people, be on your guard and if out lamping be with somebody for the near future!!

Good luck be safe

Lloydi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Robbie, that's why the police are so interested, because I told them when I reported it, that they jumped through the window and tried taking guns.....Lets hope they catch these people, they had no regard for private land, nor the highways, they were stopped at brows and troughs of hills where anybody could have ploughed into them, and the road is a busy through way for lorries getting across country.....

Does anyone know the law on this? I mean obviously you did the right thing, disengaged and got away so no-one could accuse you of threatening with your firearms etc.

But say you'd not been able to drive away straight off, or if you'd been on foot...

Where would we stand if sabs were trying to take our firearms and we stopped them using force?

Sabs have used iron bars etc in recent times, and quite apart from waking up with missing teeth etc, to lose your gun to a bunch of criminals - who knows what might happen, having your pricey shotgun bashed would be the least of your worries.

When I'm shooting I have a wee lead filled priest to give peace to injured quarry, it's just like a little truncheon, not enough to crack a skull but plenty to break thieving fingers. Over the line or fair enough?

At the least an aggravated trespass, I would suggest. If possible, film and record all actions and verbals. As to the use of force ? You are allowed to use 'reasonable' force in self defence or prevention of theft/robbery. Just what is considered 'reasonable', and by whom, would be considered later. Just remember that THEY are likely to be filming proceedings too !

Edited by Westley

These sabs if they do accost you are breaking a number of laws, and can be prosecuted for anything from aggravated trespass (under S68 of the Criminal Justice & Public Order Act, 1994), attempted robbery of a firearm (with threats), and common assault. I'd have thought it perfectly reasonable to act firmly and decisively in self defence to prevent anyone taking a firearm because once it comes to them getting their mitts anywhere near a firearm, the risks escalate massively, so they have to be stopped. It helps to not be on your own in these situations which as we all know isn't always possible. If a clear path of retreat is available, that presents the lowest risk to everyone, and is the one that should be taken, so Lloydi did absolutely the right thing, however galling it may seem at the time . If cornered, I'd have thought making the firearm safe (if not already done), and then making yourself safe are the two first priorities, followed by calling the police at first opportunity.

As to using a priest to crack a few skulls, or breaking a few bones, that's likely to be seen as unreasonable force, so you really do have to be careful, as you could be the one prosecuted for assault with a weapon, but context is everything and degree of perceived risk at the time gives rise to degree of force deemed reasonable. Trouble is, such people cannot be reasoned with, as by their very actions and aggravated trespass, they are already being unreasonable. Getting the fudge out of Dodge in such circumstances is usually the best course of action. There'll always be another night's shooting.

Had they known it was you Lloydi I suspect they would have kept well clear.

Well stood right in front of me is safest place when I'm shooting as you know JDog lol.......But thanks for your concern, it's really touched my heart and given me a feeling, just like bile......

It be the Badger cull antis ,they are looking for victims as the cull has been expanded ,You did the right thing not confronting the rent a crowd pillocks.They dont care about animal welfare they,re just rabble looking for a fight knowing youl get into far more doo doo than they will if you defend yourself and retaliate .Well done for keeping calm and reporting them before they try and drop you in it with lies and falsehoods.They,ve made farmers lives miserable with threats and intimidation since the cull started

Edited by clakk

Lloydie,

Sorry to hear about this, it sounds like you did exactly the right thing. I hope it doesn't put you off going out on your precious permissions.

Don't worry OJW, they won't scare me that easily..Looking forward to catching catching up with you on JDog's shoot in January...........

Don't worry OJW, they won't scare me that easily..Looking forward to catching catching up with you on JDog's shoot in January...........

Good. Hopefully we will have a chance to catch up before then. The shoot will be great! I can't remember the name of the hotel I booked, I just did the one you told me to. I will have to ask you to remind me nearer the time!

The fact that the autorities do not do anything to stop their appalling conduct and intimidatory behaviour, has emboldened them, and attracted more imitation anarchist inadequates to their ranks, so even if they wanted to, which is debatable! It's probably too late now?........The autorities have let them get out of control!

The authorities can't (wont?) it seems, do anything to stop them.....and those same authorities prevent the target of their intimidation from doing so too! .........you couldn't make it up!

I was out shooting canadas on stubble this morning early when i had a call from the farmer saying that a lady in the manor house was not happy with the shooting

So i decided to pop round and see her and give my apologies for being noisy so early but when she opened the door she flew off the handle saying i was a blood thirsty ****** and i should be ashamed of myself and she is ringing the police

The irinic part is though that her dad is a top knob pheasant shooter and african gane shooter and her brother owns a clay shooting school which earned all the money to build her manor house with daddys money when she has never done a days work in her pathetic life stupid old bint

Rant over lol

I was out shooting canadas on stubble this morning early when i had a call from the farmer saying that a lady in the manor house was not happy with the shooting

So i decided to pop round and see her and give my apologies for being noisy so early but when she opened the door she flew off the handle saying i was a blood thirsty ******* and i should be ashamed of myself and she is ringing the police

The irinic part is though that her dad is a top knob pheasant shooter and african gane shooter and her brother owns a clay shooting school which earned all the money to build her manor house with daddys money when she has never done a days work in her pathetic life stupid old bint

Rant over lol

Take heed of what the farmer/landowner says, but give the harridan no further consideration! Unless of course she is the landowner? Lol!

Welcome to our world Lloyd, The cull has only just been rolled out to your area and its a massive area, We have had em for four years now and they were much more concentrated as only two areas in the cull at the start. They don't seem to have the best manners do they. Heard someone had his rifle grabbed ( but he got it back) around the Stow area. They will try and disrupt any shooting activity. So battle hardened now I go out in the 4x4 and follow them around to relax, they don't like it up em Mr Manering :lol: