BT internet turn on

winnie&bezza

Morning all. We decided to go with BT for internet,phone and tv and received box and router on Wednesday. They said that the internet will be switched on by 12 that night and of course, it didn't. We rung them up and told them it wasn't on and that we have received the emails notifying us that it's all ready to which they said don't take notice of the emails as they are all automated. They also said their is a delay due to Black Friday and xmas but will be on by 12 last night. Still nothing. Surely it doesn't take this long to turn it on? Have anyone else had this problem? Cheers.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will get both sides of bt, I've been with them for 4 years now and never had a problem with them. You can run speed test from your mobile get live updates of any line problems in your area turn your router on or off etc. I'm on infinity plus and get 75mbps down and 18mbps up unlimited for £16 per month as I pay line rental yearly.

You will get both sides of bt, I've been with them for 4 years now and never had a problem with them. You can run speed test from your mobile get live updates of any line problems in your area turn your router on or off etc. I'm on infinity plus and get 75mbps down and 18mbps up unlimited for £16 per month as I pay line rental yearly.

Hope I'm as lucky as you. Thanks.

I packed up my contract with BT some years ago; they are a nightmare to deal. At one point they were sending he bailiffs around, I stuck tO my guns and it turned out they owed me money! Smug? Me? 😊

What a lovely feeling that must of been.

Some people are happy with BT, others hate them. Same with any broadband,phone,mobile provider. Luck of the draw a lot of the time.

Yeah will just have to see how it goes. Internet still isn't on and apparently the board and team are going to ring us back ha.

I find the guys who come out and actually do the work are great, just those plonkers you got to speak to before are the problem.

That's very true. The engineers themselves know their stuff. Unfortunately by the time they get to you, your blood pressure has gone through the roof through dealing with the imbeciles on the phone.

According to BT they are gradually moving their customer support system back to the UK so maybe there will be some improvement in the future.

The usual 'fix' you are given is to turn the router off and then on again and it is surprising how often this fixes the problem, a bit like computers really.

If, however, your router hasn't been delivered yet that is a bit difficult !

Good Luck.

Vic.

Don't expect a lot of good to come through what might be 60+ year old copper wire, 0.25mm diameter, that been gently simmering with moisture for much of that time.

According to BT they are gradually moving their customer support system back to the UK so maybe there will be some improvement in the future.

The usual 'fix' you are given is to turn the router off and then on again and it is surprising how often this fixes the problem, a bit like computers really.

If, however, your router hasn't been delivered yet that is a bit difficult !

Good Luck.

Vic.

maybe phone them and ask them to switch it on/off before they dispatch it. Also ask them to include a straightened paperclip while you are there.

Update. They rang back and now they have said that someone else will call back. They also said that our order was cancelled by mistake and that they don't know why our BT sports and kids shows aren't working! Looks like cancellation from us is imminent.

Can't believe you're still waiting for the inept BT to get you going, they've had their chance, look elsewhere!

We went with BT and it's been a nightmare - promised 75mbp but never gone over 38 and constantly disconnecting - rang to complain and Mahatma reckons it's the Windows that I'm using - no idea about the systems that the other 4 users have though and theirs is the same - said they would send round an engineer for £68 to see if our line could handle the speed that I was paying for despite confirming to me weeks earlier that it would.....my suggestion to him about the £68 pounds included contortion, a pound of Lard and a Chair leg. Not heard from them since.

I have been with BT from day one and Infinity (part fibre) for the last 8+ years. In that time I can count on one hand the number of outages, the worst lasted not more than 12 hours. I get 60 meg download and 20 meg upload which is adequate for my needs. My last call to India went without issue where the operative informed me of a major fault in my area and that the engineers were sorting it out. The info was correct and per chance my son while visiting on that very day reported 5 or 6 vans working on a station within 1/4 mile from me. I suppose I am a happy customer.

I have been with BT from day one and Infinity (part fibre) for the last 8+ years. In that time I can count on one hand the number of outages, the worst lasted not more than 12 hours. I get 60 meg download and 20 meg upload which is adequate for my needs. My last call to India went without issue where the operative informed me of a major fault in my area and that the engineers were sorting it out. The info was correct and per chance my son while visiting on that very day reported 5 or 6 vans working on a station within 1/4 mile from me. I suppose I am a happy customer.

I have to echo this, last time I called them I got put through to Liverpool where the chappy commented that they don't speak English in India, I asked him if they did in Liverpool.

Previously we had Talk Talk or one of their subsidiaries (they seemed to change name almost weekly) and their service was diabolical, one outage (phone and internet) lasted weeks!

I guess it's just luck of the draw but we're staying with BT.