Old Speckled Hen,

TaxiDriver

I've been given a 5ltre 'mini keg' by my neighbour :)

It's not something I've drunk before so have no idea if it's best served chilled ? Room temperature ? Or, as it says it's a fine ale, does this mean warm, flat and treacle like ?

I'd rather not open it and find flat, dark and treacle like then I don't like it and waste the rest of it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a quaote from a discussion on another forum about serving beer.

"Chilling a beer reduces the flavour, it's a bad thing to do if you want to taste what you're drinking. Why do you think that manufactured, chemical ridden **** like Magners, Stella, Fosters etc is sold chilled practically to freezing point? It's to hide the disgusting taste"!

You should be able to work out what to do with the guidance above!

If not save the unopened container for me and I will buy you something worthy of being chilled in return.

I've been given a 5ltre 'mini keg' by my neighbour :)

It's not something I've drunk before so have no idea if it's best served chilled ? Room temperature ? Or, as it says it's a fine ale, does this mean warm, flat and treacle like ?

I'd rather not open it and find flat, dark and treacle like then I don't like it and waste the rest of it.

Its strong! Also named after an early MG car.

Blackpowder

Edited by Blackpowder

talking of decent beer but going off the topic a bit, where can I find Brooklyn lager or anything brewdog by the case? the super markets love to sell the stuff by the bottle at a humongous profit because it's supposedly a craft ale, but I really would like a case or two of the stuff without having to get a 2nd mortgage.