So what did santa leave under the tree??

Archie-fox

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've stopped buying for some of my relatives as they never say Thankyou and just take take take...

Know exactly what you mean-- not one of the 'in-laws' lot said thanks and just bundle into their presents.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but we all sat round as a family as my father doled out the presents saying who they were from/to.

Then a few days later it was writing thank you letters.

Am seriously considering cutting them out of presents if they can't be bothered to ring/write or even say thanks

Know exactly what you mean-- not one of the 'in-laws' lot said thanks and just bundle into their presents.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but we all sat round as a family as my father doled out the presents saying who they were from/to.

Am seriously considering cutting them out of presents if they can't be bothered to ring/write or even say thanks

My kids are writing thank you cards at the moment,

We only buy my mum, her mum and my grandad a token present, and we treat each other

My siblings and cousins etc get nowt, I had a chat with them all years ago , that we just get presents for kids in the family

Keeps it simple , and you don't end up wasting money on tat,and receiving tat

Xmas is for kids

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Last year I bought my cousin and his wife a £50 John Lewis voucher...not even a Thankyou or anything.. so that was the end of that, now I buy for parents, girlfriend and brother and his wife..that's it.

That's what we do, my boys 2 and 5, with the 14 year old have them given out, can't stand the furious open and move on that I see elsewhere.

That's what we do, my boys 2 and 5, with the 14 year old have them given out, can't stand the furious open and move on that I see elsewhere.

Thank god it's not just me.

We have split time between the two families and at my parents I did the dishing out of presents and you knew what was received etc, was nice seeing others opening their gifts or receiving.

Yesterday, well I know people opened things but god knows what or who received what-follow by zero thanks.-- wife went on to berate my way of doing it to much hilarity from her side..... hmmmmm

I now know why families fall out over Xmas

Sausage making course at Welbeck college and a sausage making machine.

Lots of bits, drink, socks and all that.

Oh and a harkilla jumper.

Interesting the sausage making course. I've made a few in my time and just bought some stuff for making a load of venison burgers and sausages.

They will be venison with pork and mango, apricots, and maybe some with cranberries in.

Well I got spoiled rotten as usual. Amongst all the usual stuff Smellies,boxers ect I got a beard trimmer and beard grooming kit.I have been sporting a 'Mountain Man'type beard this past couple of months but got it trimmed down a week ago so need need to go to the barbers now as I can trim it myself anytime.

As I'm a Foodie I got loads of cheese's and chutneys ect plus lots of dark chocolate and if they wernt enough my Missus won a M&S hamper worth a couple of hundred quid at her work.

I also got tickets to a Comedy show with one of my favourite Comedians. And best of all I got a nice little New Stihl MS 231 with a 16" bar.