Well he's gone.

TIGHTCHOKE

I can understand an Ambassador to a foreign country, he represents UK and is the official link between the two countries.

But we're members of the EU with countless MEPs representing our cause.

Why on earth do we need an Ambassador and with whom does he converse, other Ambassadors? Or is this just another gravy train?

I can understand an Ambassador to a foreign country, he represents UK and is the official link between the two countries.

Why on earth do we need an Ambassador and with whom does he converse, other Ambassadors? Or is this just another gravy train?

got it in 1 :good::)

Sounds like the right time to move on to me. Pilloried for reporting back honestly (his one job), due to go in a few months, why not go know and allow his successor continuity over the march triggering onwards.

An honourable man doing the right thing in my book. I'd buy him a pint any day.

Sounds like the right time to move on to me. Pilloried for reporting back honestly (his one job), due to go in a few months, why not go know and allow his successor continuity over the march triggering onwards.

An honourable man doing the right thing in my book. I'd buy him a pint any day.

Agreed. Someone who got the job because of his total overwhelming commitment to the EU isn't the right man to disentangle us from the EU. If he had stayed on he would have been pilloried at every turn and blamed for all that goes wrong. He has had the good grace to step down and let someone committed to getting a good deal take over.

He has had the good grace to step down and let someone committed to getting a good deal take over.

Farage is a politician, not a diplomat!

Nigel was only a politician for as long as it took to wake us all up. He's actually a very successful businessman and probably ideally suited to the task in question.

Apart from the fact that he's universally detested by the European politicians. They hate us anyway, so why not?

Nigel was only a politician for as long as it took to wake us all up. He's actually a very successful businessman and probably ideally suited to the task in question.

Apart from the fact that he's universally detested by the European politicians. They hate us anyway, so why not?

Do you send a sales rep you know your customers hate? Do you buy from the rfd who is a complete ***** or the one ten miles further up the road who is pleasant and includes a brew with every purchase over £50?

We want to get the best wecan here, which means selling ourselves as people they want to work with.

Do you send a sales rep you know your customers hate? Do you buy from the rfd who is a complete ***** or the one ten miles further up the road who is pleasant and includes a brew with every purchase over £50?

We want to get the best wecan here, which means selling ourselves as people they want to work with.

WE'RE NOT GOING TO GET A FAIR DEAL FROM EUROPE, WE'VE ALREADY BEEN TOLD THAT.

THEY HATE US.

WE ARE GETTING OUT.

DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING ELSE?

I like Farage and think that he has done a great job in getting the referendum. I can't see him wanting the gig though.

What we need is someone with a deep understanding of how trade and industry influence the way that governments make policy. Someone who knows the value of jobs in an economy. Someone who is deeply committed to getting the UK the best deal. And if that means blockading ships carrying German cars, French wine and Spanish fruit and veg' from docking in the UK, and sinking any EU trawlers found in UK waters then that's my kind of diplomat! :lol:

Good riddance.

Why is it people think we should be the ones grovelling!! Wake up!!! They need us!!

I still say sod it, tell them to jog on and let them come running to us.

Looked into his history a bit and I think we as a country are well rid. He is like Blackpool Rock, he has EU in big letters with a blue flag and gold stars right through from head to toe. He was the man who was supposed to put a deal together with Cameron to come back and convince us that we should stay and he failed even to do that. Typical Remoaner, just doesn't get it. We voted OUT. Now who was that guy who built up a firm called Amstrad ??? He could kick *** but would he do it for the UK ?

Looked into his history a bit and I think we as a country are well rid. He is like Blackpool Rock, he has EU in big letters with a blue flag and gold stars right through from head to toe. He was the man who was supposed to put a deal together with Cameron to come back and convince us that we should stay and he failed even to do that. Typical Remoaner, just doesn't get it. We voted OUT. Now who was that guy who built up a firm called Amstrad ??? He could kick *** but would he do it for the UK ?

I quite agree, as a PUBLIC SERVANT he should do OUR bidding!

We are indeed well rid of him, I wonder if more of our unelected civil servants are working out whether their pensions are large enough to resign?