Council Cutbacks

bruno22rf

Would not have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes - team of 3 guys down our road today wiping the upvc window frames and gutters of all the council owned houses - not cleaning the windows per se just wiping the plastic frames. Anyone in Bucks who hears the phrase "it's because of cut backs" please feel free to refer them to me. What budget would the funds come from?, Makes me real keen to pay my council tax now I know the money is being so wisely spent.

I can believe that and why not the plastic frames will get all stained if they are not kept keen the glass will clean up as good as new at any time so it is up to the people living in the house/flat to keep them clean if they was to clean the glass then you would be complaining about the council paying people to clean peoples windows I doubt that the houses are council owned probably a housing association as all most all of the council houses have been sold off thanks to Maggy.

I can believe that and why not the plastic frames will get all stained if they are not kept keen the glass will clean up as good as new at any time so it is up to the people living in the house/flat to keep them clean if they was to clean the glass then you would be complaining about the council paying people to clean peoples windows I doubt that the houses are council owned probably a housing association as all most all of the council houses have been sold off thanks to Maggy.

Eh?

As a side issue, was Maggie also to blame for failing education standards in the 1980s?

Would not have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes - team of 3 guys down our road today wiping the upvc window frames and gutters of all the council owned houses - not cleaning the windows per se just wiping the plastic frames. Anyone in Bucks who hears the phrase "it's because of cut backs" please feel free to refer them to me. What budget would the funds come from?, Makes me real keen to pay my council tax now I know the money is being so wisely spent.

Are you sure they were Council Staff?

Are you sure they are Council houses?

Have you contacted the Council to ask why?

Sorry but as the householder do you not clean your own window frames??? I fully accept for really elderly you may need to enlist the help of a neighbour/relative for the upstairs ones but it's 5 mins work once a year. Has no one any sense of decency/cleanliness anymore? Even if in rented accommodation surely this is very basic stuff.

If a tennant had an accident carrying out an instruction from their Landlord,ie work at heights without any training etc etc the landlord wouldn't stay in business very long,now it may seem a very simple job to some of us but then again A&E and cemeteries are full of people who thought "how hard can that be" Rod Hull springs instantly to mind

The work is being carried out by a property maintenance company - all houses are homes for working families and not pensioners. Our local window cleaner does our frames and upvc doors while he does the windows, it's £15 each time - most of the tenants use the same window chap as me so the frames (fitted 3 years ago) are not dirty anyway - in effect the landlord is paying for 3 men to wipe the plastic gutters :no: .

The work is being carried out by a property maintenance company - all houses are homes for working families and not pensioners. Our local window cleaner does our frames and upvc doors while he does the windows, it's £15 each time - most of the tenants use the same window chap as me so the frames (fitted 3 years ago) are not dirty anyway - in effect the landlord is paying for 3 men to wipe the plastic gutters :no: .

£15.00 for a window Cleaner!!! my God its expensive down south

As said they will be housing association not council. Looking after the houses tends to help with the residents looking after the houses and the general upkeep of the area

Depends on the residents, many don't have enough pride to keep themselves clean let alone the house, the worse ones are those who have all the time in the world to keep the place tidy.

Sorry but as the householder do you not clean your own window frames??? I fully accept for really elderly you may need to enlist the help of a neighbour/relative for the upstairs ones but it's 5 mins work once a year. Has no one any sense of decency/cleanliness anymore? Even if in rented accommodation surely this is very basic stuff.

I never have, so far as I remember at home my parents never did, or asked us to, or paid anyone else to.

For the 35 year service life of UPVC windows they aren't going to rot away for want of a wipe.

Having a genuine interest in the subject I decided to do a search using google with the search term " clean upvc extend life " and the first result shows that pretty much what I thought an Norfolk Dumpling said to be true and accurate.

just incase you are unable to do your own search then I have provided the relevant link bellow.

https://www.redbricks.org/2011/03/16/why-we-do-not-want-upvc-windows/

:):)