Shooting permission available

Browning

I recently introduced a PW member to a chunk of my permission as I had too much to cope with. (Top bloke by the way! You know who you are!).

I now have another 'opportunity' for someone who is looking for shooting permission...

Here's the basic deal...

I do the keepering on two farms and I need help. This would entail helping with general building/maintenance of pens etc, feeding of birds, beating on shoot days etc etc. This is all very laid back, nothing too strict, but can be hard work.

Transport to North Oxfordshire/South Warwickshire is an absolute must.

In return, you would get vermin control permission (pigeon, rabbit, corvid, squirrel, fox, all the normal critters). At first this would only be accompanied, but once you're proven to be safe and sensible then it

could open up. Also, there would possibly be some accompanied deer stalking.

A good opportunity for someone that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty and learning a thing or two.

This is just the basics, but if anyone has any interest or questions let me know.

Excellent offer, hope someone comes along soon.

Mind you, with the quality of begging we have been getting I wouldn't be at all surprised if the three most recent beggars didn't apply - after all, it sounds like too much hard work :good:

Pav, Pin, LB, NTTF. Thanks lads.

I've been so underwhelmed by the response it's unbelievable! There must be a serious shortage of

shooters in this area. Or is it maybe the fact that work is involved......

shocking stuff, a little bit of work but in return....shooting ops galore! Either way good stuff Browning, nice to see you offering. Not so suprising to see no beggars taking :good:

You'll find a lot of people that don't want to know if they have to give something back! Sounds like a great oppertunity to learn about more than just shooting, and I wish I lived closer to you. Someone should turn up soon, hopefully a young lad wanting to get into the sport :good:

Glad to see pin taking a (slightly) tougher line :good:

Kinda proves my point about the gimme gimme gimme generation. Fine if it's for free but ask something in return and it's a different tale. Funny how these plonkers disappear after just one post! :P

Excellent offer Browning and I'd be suprised if you don't get a positive response eventually. :good:

Agree with all the above. Introduce some work or commitment into the equation and it's a different story.

I was lucky to have several people with a similar mentality to Browning who helped me along the way as a youngster, this is a good oppurtunity for someone, from a good bloke whose reputation precedes him. If you were closer Browning......

Good man browning for this offer of shooting- if someone was clever enough to take you up, they could get their FAC sorted and a good country education out of it - it just goes to show when a little work is involved, no one is prepared to give up their precious free time. :good::lol:

you should of put Ad up saying free shooting permission and then told em what they had to do for it once they got in touch, it amazes me how many so called shooters, cant bothered to get off thier fat ***** and earn shooting rights.

i have to help out three different gamekeepers to shoot on a lot of my permission.

thats my rant for the day over :lol:

cheers paul

I'd love to do that.. but am a bit far away!

As mentioned before, you can't beat working outdoors (esp given I'll be working in an office 9-5) when possible and the added bonus of actually being taught as well..

Am very suprised that the offer hasn't been snapped up

Cant believe nobody has taken this up. Its all there. FAC, SGC, deerstalking, foxing, just for a bit of effort.

Like most folks i dont pay for my shooting but i`m a willing hand, and really enjoy being out in the great outdoors doing jobs around the farm or whatever. Take my dog, take a flask and packed lunch, go out and graft. :angry:

A LITTLE BIT OF GRAFT NEVER HURT ANYBODY.

But why take the risk it seems.

Not only is there shooting permission to be had when the work is done but think of what can be learned during.

If this came up in my area I would of been on it like a shot. (.22 not a girly .177) :good:

unreal...........................................with deperasdos posting on the 'how to gain permission' section all the time..it amazes me that ther responce has been so poor.

Good on you Browning..............

& for all those who haven't taken advantage of this unbelievably generous offer..................'more fool you' :good::lol::oops:

I think in all fairness you would need to be quite local, not on the doorstep, but near enough to mind making the journey over and over again.

I/we lost permission to shoot over 1,000 acres of land last year, it was a bit of fun at first driving 65 miles to get there shooting a bit, and then having a quick beer and off home again. It soon became a chore, and the frequency of our visits dropped off - eventually it was given to someone who lived much closer.

There is no point in comitting to this this offer unless you can give 100%

Browning doesn't need the aggro of someone who is unrealible or can't be bothered to drag themselves over the the land when required.