6 nations

bumpy22

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent finish for Scotland although Italy were their usual poor self.Cotter leaves the squad in a much better shape than when he arrived.

France deserved win but Wales are pretty dire and need to freshen things up immensely imo.

Ireland get a well deserved win after playing very well and gave England very little to scrap over.

Cotter leaving for SRU politics getting in the way of him coaching. Very sad. A very good tournament looking forward to next years already!

Decent finish for Scotland although Italy were their usual poor self.Cotter leaves the squad in a much better shape than when he arrived.

France deserved win but Wales are pretty dire and need to freshen things up immensely imo.

Ireland get a well deserved win after playing very well and gave England very little to scrap over.

Anyone else noticed the absence of the England mascot this 6N season?? I mean the guy in the white suit and top hat who waves the England flag outside the tunnel as the players run out. For the first time since I can't remember he has not been there, I'm pretty sure, for any of the matches, as I always look out for him. Not that it had anything to do with England's performance today though, they were awful.

Makes me laugh when other nations use England not winning the Grand Slam as some form of consolation for playing so poorly themselves. We still won the Championship for the second year running and more importantly the Calcutta Cup again, giving Scotland the spanking of their lives in the process. :lol:

Dont know where you seeing others using it as consolation in engerland not winning the grand slam??

Makes me laugh when other nations use England not winning the Grand Slam as some form of consolation for playing so poorly themselves. We still won the Championship for the second year running and more importantly the Calcutta Cup again, giving Scotland the spanking of their lives in the process. :lol:

Dont know where you seeing others using it as consolation in engerland not winning the grand slam??

No chip on my shoulder mate. We won the championship. I was referring to various Scottish and Welsh posts.

It doesn't matter anyway. It's only tongue in cheek sporting rivalry.

Best team won the 6 Nations for sure,but like the person above i cant see the posts you refer to.

I havent seen a Celt using England not winning the Grand Slam as a consolation for their team being poor.All i saw was honest assessments of the final round.

I agree the rivalry is tongue in cheek but think you are looking for things that are not there.

Any how,enjoy your win and one of the best 6 Nations for a long time.

I don't think England played badly in the last match, I think Ireland played exceptionally well maintaining possession for almost the entire match (albeit with some 'hanging on' to players for a long time to prevent them rejoining the field). This worked, the Irish were furious at the breakdown and frustrated England at every opportunity.

Despite the loss I really enjoyed the match and had to applaud the opposition from my comfy position on the couch. It's hard to play well when you haven't got the ball!

Edited by mick miller