6 nations

bumpy22

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great tournament more for some than others. Now that its over lets get back to the pro team games games and look forward to the Lions tour when we should all unite with a tee shirt ABNZ. Its going to be an interesting time for Gatland he will have some tough choices to make and name 40

team members to get on the plane. I am sure all the pundits out there and on PW will have an idea of whose names will be on a squad sheet. After

the match in Dublin (imo) both the starting front rows should make it, could be a space for the Grey brothers but maybe not for the test team,

stand off will be a difficult choice as will full backs.

I will be looking forward to see who gets to the initial training camp and hopefully there wont be to many other injury's for the hopefuls before May.

going to start a new topic and see what response I get.

BBL

It was an interesting 6 nations. England losing in Dublin didn't surprise me but there were a number of other surprises. I thought Wales played better than their results showed and Scotland flattered to deceive other than against England. Italy are going backwards.

Best team won the 6 Nations for sure,but like the person above i cant see the posts you refer to.

I havent seen a Celt using England not winning the Grand Slam as a consolation for their team being poor.All i saw was honest assessments of the final round.

I agree the rivalry is tongue in cheek but think you are looking for things that are not there.

Any how,enjoy your win and one of the best 6 Nations for a long time.

You should try living in Wales as an Englishman. :lol:

It use

No chip on my shoulder mate. We won the championship. I was referring to various Scottish and Welsh posts.

It doesn't matter anyway. It's only tongue in cheek sporting rivalry.

It used to be mate now its just some form of weird display of national (or just plain anti english) pride.

Oh and before you all jump on me for my english arrogance (hahaha) Ireland were the better side and deserved the win

Ireland played well yesterday. We just have an inability to play well on a consistent basis.

Best team won, hats off to England.

Really happy to see how Scotland came on - sad to see Cotter go but there is a lot of potential in that team, more so than has been there for many a year.

Great 6N - liking the bonus points. Seems to have really pushed team to go out and play, and not just ease back.

Want to see what the New Zealand press make of it all?

Fellow Celts, you'll love this!

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11821243

Milky White England froze against Irish Cream - Very true.

The crowd were magnificent - I heard a few bars of Swing Low before it was drowned out by jeers - The atmosphere must have been electric!!

I think where the journalist is coming from is that New Zealand are outstandingly good and have depth in every position - They put the magic on in nearly every performance and you have to get them on a bad day to beat them, whereas England, albeit the best in the Northern Hemisphere, have a lot of work to do before truly being able to call themselves peers.

I think it's more a case of it sticking in a Kiwi's craw that England matched New Zealand's unbeaten record and comparisons were made. England can't be compared to New Zealand, but then no other team in the world can either. As for Ireland as number 2 in the rankings, well, there's quite a bit of work to be done there yet too and their results don't match that particular journalists hyperbole.

Mind you, it's much easier to accept that your team got beaten in Chicago by the World's number 2 team, rather than the World's number 4... :whistling:

Edited by mick miller

Honestly, I can't believe England went that long unbeaten. I genuinely believed all championship they were there for the taking. So, it came down to the last match and Ireland. Hey ho.

England whilst successful, 18 wins on the trot is impressive and matched the ABs, are nowhere near the same calibre as NZ. They are a good side though, their size and depth give them an advantage even before the match starts. France should have put them away, Wales spiewd it at the end(although brilliant finishing from Farrell / Daly was needed), and Scotland didn't turn up. Only Ireland, with experience of beating the best were not intimidated. And duly put them to the sword.

Edited by Highlandladdie

Honestly, I can't believe England went that long unbeaten. I genuinely believed all championship they were there for the taking. So, it came down to the last match and Ireland. Hey ho.

England whilst successful, 18 wins on the trot is impressive and matched the ABs, are nowhere near the same calibre as NZ. They are a good side though, their size and depth give them an advantage even before the match starts. France should have put them away, Wales spiewd it at the end(although brilliant finishing from Farrell / Daly was needed), and Scotland didn't turn up. Only Ireland, with experience of beating the best were not intimidated. And duly put them to the sword.

But not there to be taken by Scotland.

Record loss in the Calcutta Cup.

Funny