6 nations

bumpy22

I think they will come unstuck in Dublin. The Irish will rise their game to prevent an English Grand Slam. I think England have a stronger backbone than previously but would have money on Ireland pipping them. As for the championship, will come down to bonus points. We need to fill our boots against Italy.

Everybody raises their game against England. Scotland will look like a different team because it's the only result about which they really care, ditto Wales.

The Irish are no different and in the past, England choked in that environment. However, a weakened England team saw off the best Wales team for some time in Cardiff on Saturday, so perhaps things have changed.

Eddie Jones has already done much to change the England team's mind set - they have already beaten their own winning streak record - but Dublin is the real test of his oft-quoted plan to make England world champions again.

I hope that England do it - a full England squad would beat Ireland. It would be a big step towards Woodward's RWC win in 2003.

Remind me Scotland, Wales and Ireland: when did you win the RWC..?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krankie was at Murrayfield last year and was in the picture as the cup was presented. I think it's the only time I've seen her on TV with her gob firmly shut!

Donald Dewer used to come down to Cardiff to watch the wales v Scotland matches when he was first minister.

Cheers

Aled

Unless our backrow starts firing we are going to be in trouble against the Irish, need Billy back but just as important Robshaw and a fully fit Haskell in there.

And retaining our own ball at the ruck would be nice as well - Far too much turnover on Saturday - Get the basics right and the rest will fall into place.

Donald Dewer used to come down to Cardiff to watch the wales v Scotland matches when he was first minister.

Cheers

Aled

Donald Dewer used to play rugby and also attended all Scotland's home matches and supported rugby at club level.

Not waiting to stray off topic but he was one of the better politicians in Scotland and I think had he been given more time I don't think we would have all the bull from the SNP nor would we have had the independence referendum.

Anyway are the English RU still not allowing bag pipes into the England v Scotland match??

Unless our backrow starts firing we are going to be in trouble against the Irish, need Billy back but just as important Robshaw and a fully fit Haskell in there.

with the injuries england have had this is the area most hit. the back line seem to cope with the players in the squad. But as a former back row player i know how important the turnovers are. forwards win the game the backs decide by how much. you certainly cannot take billy's ball carrying away and expect it not to effect performances.

with the injuries england have had this is the area most hit. the back line seem to cope with the players in the squad. But as a former back row player i know how important the turnovers are. forwards win the game the backs decide by how much. you certainly cannot take billy's ball carrying away and expect it not to effect performances.

Fortunately I thin we've got through two of the three Billy-needing matches. We'll be fine without him against Italy and Scotland and there's a chance he'll be back for the crunch game of Ireland. It'd be nice for a couple of bonus point wins in the next two and plenty of momentum for the showdown in Dublin.

• 2 weeks later...

Another good game to watch and a well deserved win.

Dour game at times but Scotland took the chances well at the right times esp second half.

Wales apart from a few performances from the pack were very poor and im hoping Gatland doesnt go bias when he selects for the Lions as very few deserve a place on the last few performances.

George North was dire and his defence shocking and apart from Rees Webb the backs were pretty much anonymous.

A good win for the new Captain.

A thoroughly enjoyable, watchable match

Good win for him and a good game from him too.

Another good game to watch and a well deserved win.

Dour game at times but Scotland took the chances well at the right times esp second half.

Wales apart from a few performances from the pack were very poor and im hoping Gatland doesnt go bias when he selects for the Lions as very few deserve a place on the last few performances.

George North was dire and his defence shocking and apart from Rees Webb the backs were pretty much anonymous.

Good win for him and a good game from him too.

If he picks Halfpenny over Hogg I will end him. Hogg's the best 15 in the northern hemisphere and Halfpenny's kicking is not what it used to be - as shown today. Hogg, Visser and Seymour look lethal together

If he picks Halfpenny over Hogg I will end him. Hogg's the best 15 in the northern hemisphere and Halfpenny's kicking is not what it used to be - as shown today. Hogg, Visser and Seymour look lethal together

Visser's best game for a while. I had my doubts when he was named as starting - but he played a blinder.

Barclay should have gotten MOM, for me. He was at the centre of everything.

Hogg is the Lions 15, there is no doubt.

England bamboozled and will have to start thinking outside the box to counter the Italian job.

Hats up to them but England once again are a shadow of what they were last year and Gatland isnt getting much help in his Lions selection thus far.No drive,**** kicking and indiscipline but still think they will adapt to this in the second half and win.

Well that was interesting! Turned on with just a few minutes to go in the first half and saw the score at 5-3 and was like "***?"

Clever tactics by Italy in the first half but a pretty good performance by England in the second. If we want to beat that All Black record and get the Grand Slam we're going to have to find some better form for the matches against Scotland and Ireland.

We need a reliable choice for number 8 if we have no Billy. Nathan Hughes gave away two knocks on and a penalty in the first five minutes - and it didn't get much better from there! Our front row is still too weak and we weren't really at the races in the backs until after half time. Still, a win and a BP. productive if not spectacular day at the office