Best High Boots

rimfire4969

dedito boots. always used to use meindle dovre extreme but use these now, along with a load of other keepers. seriously hard wearing boots, maintenance free scratch proof leather. meindle require constant waxing and dry out real quick. also these have a fabric section on the ankle joint which makes them much better for driving etc.

buy them here, http://deditoshootingwear.com

and also nearly £100 cheaper

Penelope they are the same boots and they have other names too. Friend has had a pair for a season now and swears by them. No problems and higher leg than most other boots. Cheaper too. Not sure what service you would get if anything went wrong with them though.

Danner are worth a look. I have had mine for nearly five yrs and trust me when I say I have put them through hell. There gortex ect ect and fully waterproof. I have never treated them with and any products and they have still never let me down.

I have the pronghorn boots the 400G Thinsulate Ultra

Here's a link to them

http://www.danner.com/men/hunt/pronghorn-8-realtree-xtra-green.html?___store=default_danner_int

Edited by stevo

My old Lundhags "scout" were worn in the Falklands and i wore them as their second owner, they are now on their third owner now and if looked after will last a lifetime.

What other boots can do that?

My Danners are still going and I bought them in the USA in 1994.

Been looking at both Lundhags and Danners, the Lundhag get good reviews barring a few scandinavians who are having problems with the front of the soles coming away and frequently needing rebonding. The Danners are made by Redwings which used to be a very well made boot, not so sure if that is still the case. Both look the business and look as if they will do a good job for years and years.

Alt berg gamekeepers no better boot

would be a fantastic boot if they made them higher leg like other highleg boots but they are only midleg boots. The Hogg highleg all weather are a highleg but when I asked they would not make me a pair in brown leather, or make a pair of the Country boots with a true high leg. So I am still looking for a true highleg boot to replace my knackered and binned wellies. Edited by figgy