Covert cctv help

Daveo26

Pigeonwatch people.......

Iv had ongoing problems with a neighbour damaging my property.

Including pulling parts of my fence down, removing parts of a wall and generally treating my garden like his own.

He is old and maybe not all there?

Enoughs enough, I've been polite and asked him to stop doing things and he does for a while.

I've been firm and insisted he stops coming into my garden unannounced.

I've got home from work and found a portion of the fence that divides our gardens piled up in my garden today.

He mentioned a few days ago he thought it was rotten then randomly it's fallen down into a neat pile in my garden, but it's nothing to do with my neighbour......

I need a covert cctv setup of some kind to put in my shed

I have no idea about this sort of thing, is there such thing as a battery operated covert cctv system?

My garden is over 50 yards long and has no power supply to the shed.

Iv got a trail cam but it's totally obvious and not really suitable.

I just want to get proof and have a word with his family hopefully put a stop to this weird behaviour.

Please help if you can.

Cheers Dave

I know that a situation like this cab pretty annoying, but if he isnt doing any real harm , couldnt you just tolerate it for a while ? , if hes starting to lose his faculties, then he probably wont be living next door for much longer.

I do understand how difficult it can be though , I had a crazy old neighbour that turned very violent, I also have an elderly neighbour that is as mad as a box of frogs , I have to bite my lip at times and remind myself that he means no harm.

Could be worse sounds like your describing my father in law and I have to let him in the house!!

Maybe speak to the son without evidence let him know you have put up cameras as the behavior needs to stop you might get lucky and nip it in the bud???

Get a gret big dummy one and put it on the shed, along with a 12v led lamp and pir, and the trail can, make it very obvious amd tell him, if he continues involve police.

It is after all criminal damage and needs stopping.

Agreed, no matter the situation the guy is breaking stuff that's yours.

Get the police involved.

Iv had proper cctv up until recently

But like I said the garden is so long it captures very little and it never deterred him

I've Lived at my current address for 10 years and Iv tolerated him that whole time.

It's gradually got worse as he recently decided he owned part of my garden.

He Mentioned it in casual conversation to me and within a week the wall mysteriously fell down whilst I was at work.

Then he proposed as it had fallen down he would build a fence in my garden.

Our relationship suffered.

I made it clear at the time he was to ask before coming in my garden

He wasn't to do anything in my garden whilst I was at work

It's been quite pleasant for 4-5 months and suddenly it's kicked off again.

I wouldn't mind but I've helped this bloke out in the past, doing wasp nests and sorting rats in his garden without charging him

I'll stick with the trail cam.

I don't want it to appear that I'm victimising an old man so I need some evidence of his behaviour before I approach his son.

I'm not involving the police at this stage

I would keep the Police out of it if you can as a dispute with your neighbour can lead to a problem with your ticket, there is more than one thread on here where disputes have resulted in issues at renewal.

Scaremongering, we are allowed to report criminal damage as any other person.

Like.....

So if one doesn't agree with you it's '****'?

I stated a fact there is documentation on this forum to support my post where a dispute with a neighbor has resulted in questions at the very least come renewal time so there is nothing to disagree with but I do disagree with your opinion that it is scaremongering. Until you put your opinion into this topic everyone was offering genuine help and your post offers nothing but an inflammatory comment

Edited by sportsbob

And once again a thread degenerates into a dispute between 2 members

The OP has asked for some advice and for the most part has been getting it.

Why should his thread run the risk of being closed because 2 people can't agree to disagree and move on.

Either take it to PM or just ignore each other...... :no:

:shaun:

Someone's already mentioned it but the Netgear Arlo is possibly a solution. The camera runs on batteries, and connects back (wirelessly) to a Netgear base unit. So, your only difficulty might be in getting the wireless signal from the mains powered base unit in your house, to the battery powered camera in your shed. I have found that the signal is actually pretty good, but that will really depend on the layout and build of your properties. As said, it's not cheap. I think your are £190 -ish for a setup with one camera, but you can add more. Nice clear images!

do the decent thing and approach social services and explain your concerns dementia is a horrible illness and causes very irrational behavior.

some of the people my partner looks after are in their 80's and they act in a very irrational manner, she often has bruises when she comes home after they throw tantrums looking for mammy or daddy.

Remember it could easily be your parents acting strange, would you want them arrested or would you want someone who understands dementia to investigate.