Decathalon - too good to be true?

Interesting idea. I wonder how much you'd have to pay per slab to make it viable? Also what the rules are regarding bringing cartridges back?

The Ferry Companies will limit you to 1000 shells, Eurotunnel don't have a specific maximum, all they say is:

The quantity of ammunition carried must be kept to a minimum.

Interpret that which way you will..?

In my view, it's not worth the risk of bringing back more than about 1000 shells, as you could end up having the lot confiscated.

Cat.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, i just checked on the store locator and found that for oxford, when i went down all the list they came up in wales and eastern uk? maybe one of our PW members living in wales could try ?

Am I missing something? Can't seem to findo a Decathlon in Wales!?!?

Edd

The Ferry Companies will limit you to 1000 shells, Eurotunnel don't have a specific maximum, all they say is:

The quantity of ammunition carried must be kept to a minimum.

Interpret that which way you will..?

In my view, it's not worth the risk of bringing back more than about 1000 shells, as you could end up having the lot confiscated.

Cat.

Surely, like with alcohol and cigarettes, all you would have to do is prove that they are for personal use, not for resale.

After all, we are still a fully paid up member of the EU at the moment.

Edited by Newbie to this

Surely, like with alcohol and cigarettes, all you would have to do is prove that they are for personal use, not for resale.

After all, we are still a fully paid up member of the EU at the moment.

Different laws apply, as in the UK, your point is not valid when it comes to the carriage of ammunition.

EU membership is irrelevant, nothing is likely to change when we do eventually leave, the UK Government will do nothing to encourage greater quantities of ammunition being imported by Joe Public back into the UK.

Cat.

Hi,

I emailed head office at Decathlon after seeing their cartridge prices on line.

got the following reply:

We would like to confirm that the this item is available to purchase online:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/cart-mary-special-crow-id_8370058.html

and the followings need to be ordered by our UK stores manually in their own system for your purchase in store:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/cyrano-28g-x-250-cartridge-id_8347917.html

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/steel-29g-pb56-x25-cart-id_8319495.html

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/super-steel-32g-pb34-x25-cart-id_8319496.html

In order to purchase any of these above, please contact your selected store directly.

Please see detailed information of the products on these sites directly.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

So, anyone brought carts from Decathlon UK? , I know they have hypermarkets in France but the price seems too good to be true...........

hello, looks like an april fool joke, i left a message at their HQ wanting to know why are the cartridges showing on the UK web site when no store sells them, i also asked the manager of the oxford store to contact HQ and do same,

Different laws apply, as in the UK, your point is not valid when it comes to the carriage of ammunition.

EU membership is irrelevant, nothing is likely to change when we do eventually leave, the UK Government will do nothing to encourage greater quantities of ammunition being imported by Joe Public back into the UK.

Cat.

All I can find on the .gov website, is that you need an import licence. Then you can import what you like. So nothing being confiscated. Now ferry companies and Eurotunnel may have their own limits but can't confiscate only refuse to allow you to travel. So my point is indeed valid.

hello, it does seem strange that these cyrano 28s are on www,decathlon.co.uk web site for sale if they do not sell in uk, i shall phone tomorrow and see what goes.

hello, well that old saying still goes, IF ITS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE BLA BLA, PHONED DECATHLON HQ, SORRY SIR OUR UK WEB SITE HAD LISTED BY MISTAKE so looks like the french shooters get the best deal, i did mention that with the number of shotgun users in the UK it might be worth to consider stocking, WILL AV A THINK !!!!

Habour authorities and transport operators will set their own limits on what if any types of dangerous goods you can carry different quantities will apply to passenger ferries than commercial goods ferries etc just like how many gerry cans of petrol or gas bottles you can take.

Guess their is also a difference in legislation for importing for your own personal use then for selling on.

If found once on the boat I think they can throw the affending item overboard if they consider it a risk to far, you could also face a prosecution for putting the transport vehicle and other persons at risk. Ask first I would think is wise.

No rfd certificate is required to sell shotgun cartridges only section 1 and 5 stuff.

Edited by rbrowning2

Hello

Mybad. The only way to get these cartridges is by rowing across the channel.

Spoke to a nice guy called Callum at Sheffield who admits it's an error on their part and they do not have a licence at the moment, I did point out that clay shooters would buy the cartridges by the thousand and he was sympathetic, still, it wouldn't hurt to remind him of how many they would sell and how good the prices are in France,

why not give him a call on 0114 229 8190

Hello

Mybad. The only way to get these cartridges is by rowing across the channel.

Spoke to a nice guy called Callum at Sheffield who admits it's an error on their part and they do not have a licence at the moment, I did point out that clay shooters would buy the cartridges by the thousand and he was sympathetic, still, it wouldn't hurt to remind him of how many they would sell and how good the prices are in France,

why not give him a call on 0114 229 8190

They aren't as cheap as £32 in France!

Apologies for Hijacking this thread, as I go to France at least twice a year, is anyone able yo tell me what would I need to buy cartridges in France ? Thanks in advance

Alastair

hello Alastair, if you google buying cartridges in france you will get info, cheers, also check out decathlon france and change to english should show you stores that sell cartridges, maybe even send an email?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

If your going to Decathlon etc then an SGC won't cut it.

You need either a Permit du chasse, FFBT licence or FFTIR licence valid for the year and counter stamped by your Doc.

Some places such as provincial gunshops might 'forget' to check :-)

Edited by Jaymo

If your going to Decathlon etc then an SGC won't cut it.

You need either a Permit du chasse, FFBT licence or FFTIR licence valid for the year and counter stamped by your Doc.

Some places such as provincial gunshops might 'forget' to check :-)

At last, somebody on this thread who actually knows what they're talking about, so much misinformation thus far like being able to import what you like if it's for "Personal use", what a load of cobblers..!

As for chucking a pallet full on the back of your flatbed and expecting to be waved through by Eurotunnel or P&O, then dream on..! :lol:

Cat.

At last, somebody on this thread who actually knows what they're talking about, so much misinformation thus far like being able to import what you like if it's for "Personal use", what a load of cobblers..!

As for chucking a pallet full on the back of your flatbed and expecting to be waved through by Eurotunnel or P&O, then dream on..! :lol:

Cat.

I think you should have a read on the .gov website, it clearly states that once you have an import licence, which is either personal or commercial, you can import as much as you want. And if you read my last post I do say that you may have an issue with the ferry or eurostar operaters, but not customs