FREE cars.

Red-dot

hahahaha silly idea ? really ?? perhaps there should be a list of 'ok' ideas pinned on this forum.....just so we all get along nicely ??

but. while were here, why would it take anything away from those that are in real need ? as opposed to those who fancy a new car and can scam the system ?

if i were in need of a disability car i wouldnt give a **** what colour it was, but if i wanted the next door to 'think' i could buy a new car every 3 years i most certainly wouldnt want it in bright orange !

its a simple change what would, imo only, cut down the number of un-needed claims by half at least......

but thats just my opinion.....which, it seems, isnt allowed on here by some

Perhaps people are concerned that your ideas could very easily be plucked from the book Mein Kampf ...

It would be funny if that's wasn't true!

Let's make them all wear high vis vests next is it ...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps people are concerned that your ideas could very easily be plucked from the book Mein Kampf ...

It would be funny if that's wasn't true!

Let's make them all wear high vis vests next is it ...

what ever you like bud, i honestly dont care what you think :good:

Thankfully Chris it appears the majority don't care what you think, and agree your silly ideas are draconian.

hahahahahahaha you are a tool lol !!!!! do i disagree with your thoughts ? and if i do, do i feel the need to tell you your wrong ??

no, i thought not......sleep tight precious :)

The real problem with all of this, in my opinion, is lazy officialdom. Its easier and less effort to approve a claim than it is to keep turning it down and deal with the appeals and resulting paperwork.

I could get a mobility car for my great aunt who is 99, blind, doesn't have a driving licence and lives in a care home because on paper at least, she qualifies. Then I could give the car to my son as her nominated driver, even though he lives 100 miles away and never goes to visit her.

How can that be right? That's not supporting the needy, that's just working the system. How many times is that happening though?

I have no problem with a benefits system that works as it should, but the reality is it doesn't work at all well

Edited by Vince Green

You also have the genuine type! My mum and Dad are both really bad for their mobility. Dad has a car, but is so bad it's pointless him having it. I told him when the term is up to not bother with another, as I will take them shopping and anywhere they need to go anyway.

But to paint a picture, Dad can't walk unaided. His hips are shot and his back too. He has to walk short distance "shuffle" on sticks but is in agony. He is not a quitter though. Longer distance and the frame helps as he is not constantly changing weight side to side.

Mum has chronic emphysema and is out of breath just walking to the kitchen. She has been hospitalised on many occasions with her condition. Last time she was there nearly a week and had yet another infection. She requires a walking frame to get about! I also recently bought her a mobility scooter so she could have her independence while shopping. I push the trolley and meet her in aisles to transfer the shopping from her scooter basket to the trolley and she saunters off to find more shopping.

I know there are some out there who cheat the system, but there are also genuine cases. And in this particular case I am pushing them to not bother with the car. I don't see the point when Dad is in such a state that he can barely drive any longer. He uses it to get to church, and that's about it now! Last year he was driving as far as Blackpool. This year his health has deteriorated so badly that a 10 min journey is too much for him. It's sad to see this once fiercely strong willed and passionate person reduced to what he is today. Everything he did for us, neighbours and friends as kids. He still puts back into the community now! £20 a week into the food bank, helping the church run activities for local children etc. But to see his soul trapped in an ever increasingly failing body is heartbreaking. In his entire life since leaving school at 15 he has worked (barring 6 weeks) until he retired. Once I was 16 and my brother 15 Mum also took up work as a cleaner for the NHS and worked until retirement. So neither are "or were" slackers, or freeloaders, spongers.

I try to help out others where i can, fixing neighbours cars, the odd job for friends and family, so my dads ethic rubbed off somewhat. I don't like seeing people in a fix.

I do see plenty people that on the outside look perfectly able bodied etc! But not all disability is a visible one! Of course there are a multitude of disabilities out there from Mental to physical. A friend of mine I have known 41 years is epileptic. On the outside is like you and I. But when he has a seizure he is so violent his body is covered in scars. Recently he has spent a long time in hospital after having a seizure and falling down a flight of stairs, colliding with a radiator so violently it was ripped not only off the wall, but off the pipes too. Broke his back, and smashed his pelvis. He was laying at the foot of the stairs for 4 hours before he was discovered by his Mum who came to make sure he took his medication.

My Son is Autistic, he was given a bus pass, but won't leave the house! He will go out with me! But as he gets older, even when out with me can suffer anxiety. He just wants to be home. He feels safe between those four walls, hence me wanting to buy the house. I feel if I can at least get that right for him, he will be OK should anything befall me. He can use the internet so can order food online etc should needs be. I have recently took out insurances to cover the house cost should I pass away durin the mortgage payments "when they finally pull their finger out"

Although Mum and Dad both worked damn hard, bringing up 4 kids on a pittance of a wage. The one thing they could never do was put away any money for our future! But what they did provide was priceless. in my view they deserve to get a little help with their mobility. Though it will be short lived. They COULD keep on with it as I only need to become a named driver! But I would prefer the temptation removed from Dad as the car is removed. That way he can not let his stubbornness lead to an incident.

To some people, their mobility car is their lifeline. Take it away, you may as well lock them in a cell.

Lets stop the insults that always start when disability issues are brought up,

Yes systems get abused but that's the same in all walks of life,

The Blue Badge system is totally different to the motability scheme and run by different agencies,

If so many of you are certain both schemes are being abused as in the "I see it all the time" and so forth, including the I service them and see the taxi stuff hidden away posters then REPORT it, or is it easier to come on here and complain about it?

Just ignoring it and complaining when others get it is almost as bad as abusing it......REPORT IT if you are certain it's being abused, there are numbers available for you to do it......

The phrase keyboard warriors is quite ept in some of the posts on here......

I'm sure people would rather have their health then have to worry about wheher they can have a badge or a car......

I really do despair at this forum at times :no:

:shaun:

Thank you Shaun.

I don't think anyone has a problem with folk with genuine disabilities getting the help they require. It's the ones that claim disability when they are clearly not disabled, that need to be weeded out. I know that so many of these freeloaders exist.

I don't think anyone has a problem with folk with genuine disabilities getting the help they require. It's the ones that claim disability when they are clearly not disabled, that need to be weeded out. I know that so many of these freeloaders exist.

Exactly! And whilst that's fair to address, shaming genuinely disabled people by making them drive around in bright orange cars is just ridiculous!

Simple minds come up with simple solutions for complicated problems...

Theres some excellent points raised on both sides in this.

The crux is ,no one begrudges a car or benefits to those deserving, but the system seems unable or unwilling to separate the good claims from the bad.

And please, comparing those that protest against the fraudulent claims to hitler or nazism is pathetic.

I know plenty of people undeserving of mobility cars, I personally know 2 people who are disabled, and have regular new cars (4x4 s) because they are massively overweight , self inflicted.

And before anyone says,but you dont know.. yes I know them personally, and they both admit they dont need or deserve them.

My apologies if i am a bad man for bringing the subject up BUT round here the system is being abused on a grand scale.

I could have a disability entitlement car if i applied as i am in remission from C of the bowel, had 5 operations in three years and the complications that these have left me with. My father is in his 90's and totally housebound too but when i see neighbours abusing the system it boils my spoils.

One gave their new Nissan to their daughter due to a job move 250 miles away and anothers DC is used for her sons black market decorating enterprise and going to sign on!

I 100% agree with genuine claimants but some are just abusing the system.

I apologise also for not replying to the baying wolves that thought i had posted this topic and retreated but i was up at my fathers in my paid for by myself car lifting him in and out of his twice weekly bath.

And please, comparing those that protest against the fraudulent claims to hitler or nazism is pathetic.

Hitler / the Nazi's made everyone from a certain group wear an identifying badge so they could be easily identified in public.

Some members on here want to give ALL disabled people who have mobility cars bright orange vehicles so they can be easily identified in public and no longer want to have the vehicles due to the shame of having one...

The similarities and ridiculousness of enforcing ALL disabled people to have this needs to be highlighted.

People who fraudulently abuse the system needs to be reported, investigated, and challenged (if not prosecuted). We do not need to shame and punish genuine disabled people. There are a large amount of elderly and disabled people who already feel too much shame to claim what they are entitled to, or don't want to be a burden. Making them stand out in bright orange cars will make it worse for them, whilst people who are "out to get as much as they can for nout" would probably still have one, they have no shame and no regard that they are a burden, they are selfish wasters exploiting the system.

Hitler / the Nazi's made everyone from a certain group wear an identifying badge so they could be easily identified in public.

Some members on here want to give ALL disabled people who have mobility cars bright orange vehicles so they can be easily identified in public and no longer want to have the vehicles due to the shame of having one...

The similarities and ridiculousness of enforcing ALL disabled people to have this needs to be highlighted.

People who fraudulently abuse the system needs to be reported, investigated, and challenged (if not prosecuted). We do not need to shame and punish genuine disabled people. There are a large amount of elderly and disabled people who already feel too much shame to claim what they are entitled to, or don't want to be a burden. Making them stand out in bright orange cars will make it worse for them, whilst people who are "out to get as much as they can for nout" would probably still have one, they have no shame and no regard that they are a burden, they are selfish wasters exploiting the system.

My best friend from school and his wife have both never worked since leaving school 35 years ago. They are both disabled and proud of it, they are both obese and get everything thrown at them. They brag that getting fat was their career Choice, is it right they get a car and a house and holidays. You say report the abusers of the system so what will I report them for deliberately getting fat.

Theres some excellent points raised on both sides in this.

The crux is ,no one begrudges a car or benefits to those deserving, but the system seems unable or unwilling to separate the good claims from the bad.

I know plenty of people undeserving of mobility cars, I personally know 2 people who are disabled, and have regular new cars (4x4 s) because they are massively overweight , self inflicted.

And before anyone says,but you dont know.. yes I know them personally, and they both admit they dont need or deserve them.

It seems to me that there are a few on here that resent anyone having a motability car or any social benefits including the genuinely disabled! And would wish to either remove their entitlement or penalise them in some way!

No one has compared those who complain against fraudulent claims to Hitler or the Nazis! It is those that lump everyone into the category of undeserving fraudsters........ that can be compared to Nazis!

You cannot stop the fraudsters and abusers by penalising all claimants including the worthy......If the system is at fault blame the system...........not the genuine people who qualify to use the system..

My best friend from school and his wife have both never worked since leaving school 35 years ago. They are both disabled and proud of it, they are both obese and get everything thrown at them. They brag that getting fat was their career Choice, is it right they get a car and a house and holidays. You say report the abusers of the system so what will I report them for deliberately getting fat.

We're on about free cars and people abusing that... people who are classes as disabled because they are too fat is a different topic that we could all argue about :lol:

If you painted your friends car bright orange would he and his wife stop claiming them? No, they wouldn't. Like I said, they clearly have no shame as you have stated "They brag that getting fat was their career choice".

It would only shame genuinely disabled people out of claiming them, whilst people like your friends and his partner would continue to leech from society.

I spent time working cases of Tax Fraud, usually the self employed.Nine out of ten cases,where purly down to assumptions.The accusers never wanted to appear before a court(If the case got to court)!Majority was put down to jealous neighbours or mates (yes mates).

So if you have hard evidence and can back it up call the DLA Humint hotline!!!

Put please don't waste their time or depleted resources.

I believe the DLA have clear guide lines regarding nominated drivers and the limitation of use.I would suggest you read them before throwing any accusation if miss use.Ive never read them myself,but If I was to assume someone was miss you using I'd read them 1st.

Edited by Davyo

One gave their new Nissan to their daughter due to a job move 250 miles away and anothers DC is used for her sons black market decorating enterprise and going to sign on!

So report them if you know it's going on, it will get looked into and hopefully sorted,

It's like the blue badge system, if it's found to be fraudulently used it gets confiscated, but the powers that be NEED TO MADE AWARE OF IT. Names addresses circumstances....

:shaun:

My apologies if i am a bad man for bringing the subject up BUT round here the system is being abused on a grand scale.

I could have a disability entitlement car if i applied as i am in remission from C of the bowel, had 5 operations in three years and the complications that these have left me with. My father is in his 90's and totally housebound too but when i see neighbours abusing the system it boils my spoils.

I apologise also for not replying to the baying wolves that thought i had posted this topic and retreated but i was up at my fathers in my paid for by myself car lifting him in and out of his twice weekly bath.

Report them. Especially the son.

So in the 60s, 70s and 80s, the people who provided the motobality scheme for disabled people, namely the blue 3 wheelers, were members of the Nazi party?

This site has been infiltrated by sanctamonious lefty trolls, I am not sure if others have noticed it, I bet half don't even own a gun. I am amazed at how bitchy it is on here aswell.

So in the 60s, 70s and 80s, the people who provided the motobality scheme for disabled people, namely the blue 3 wheelers, were members of the Nazi party?This site has been infiltrated by sanctamonious lefty trolls, I am not sure if others have noticed it, I bet half don't even own a gun. I am amazed at how bitchy it is on here aswell.

No of course they weren't supplied by members of the Nazi party! Invacars were supplied free of charge via the NHS by the government of the day, but over time societies opinions change (as does type approval and construction and use legislation) Why do you imagine past governments stopped people smoking in public buildings, drink driving, bear baiting and burning witches at the stake, we now live in more enlightened times although some people with ultra right wing views appear to have difficulties with that concept?

we are so enlightened by the left that a man was recently spared prison for battering his wife because he had a potentially good cricket career that a jail term would have spoilt, and a burglar with 700 convictions still hasn't done any time,

oh yeh, you progressives, you really are consistent with your progress.

pass the sick bag.