One year old Macron's party wins majority in France..

Eyefor

..is this (something) like we need in the UK (please)?

NOT the Limp Damps - but a new middle of the road of (sensible) party that is up to date and eliminates the ancient and polarised bitching of Tories and Labour.

Who to lead it.. David Milliband?

From the BBC

French President Emmanuel Macron's party has won a clear parliamentary majority, results show, weeks after his own presidential victory.

With nearly all votes counted, his La République en Marche, alongside its MoDem allies, won more than 300 seats in the 577-seat National Assembly.

The winning margin is lower than some expected, with turnout down from 2012.

The party was formed just over a year ago, and half of its candidates have little or no political experience.

The result has swept aside all of the mainstream parties and gives the 39-year-old president a strong mandate in parliament to pursue his pro-EU, business-friendly reform plans.

Edited by Eyefor

Interesting, as long as it is NOT lead by David Millibland, I look forward to the Eyefor party forming and sorting this country out! :):good:

I fear some of my policies, though (potentially) swift, would be too radical for some!

Come on then let's have a manifesto from you.

OK. A few points to start

- No income tax on 1st £20K then one flat rate of Income Tax thereafter (India did something similar and trebled their tax income).

- £10 for missed Doctors / NHS appointments

- Voting age raise to 25

- Voting Compulsory with a "none of the above" option.

- cancel postal and proxy voting systems

- instigate vote online / by smartphone system

- NHS premises not to be used for private appointments.

- No VAT on new car tax (a tax on a tax is supposed to be illegal?).

- Education (including transport) free up to 18. Thereafter pay your own way (student loans to continue).

- Cancel HS2

- Cancel Heathrow extension, build Boris Island.

- Cancel NHS "budgeting"(how do you budget when you have no idea of future expense?). Control NHS much better using people with proven & relevant management experience.

-. Non UK citizens to prepay or guarantee NHS costs incurred for them.

- Cancel operating licences of Google, Apple, Microsoft, Starbucks etc until last 6 years tax payments audited and ongoing tax approved.

I'm liking this. I might apply !!

You get my vote! :good:

ohh you are easily pleased...you old softy :lol::lol::lol: .....sorry i cant type my manifesto....it would involve sex therapy on the NHS...filling in the channel tunnel...etc...

i better go now before i get carried away

ohh you are easily pleased...you old softy :lol::lol::lol: .....sorry i cant type my manifesto....it would involve sex therapy on the NHS...filling in the channel tunnel...etc...

Are the two connected?

Therapy is available!

Aren't these the same thing???????????? :lol:

David.

- No income tax on 1st £20K then one flat rate of Income Tax thereafter (India did something similar and trebled their tax income).

- Voting age raise to 25

- Education (including transport) free up to 18. Thereafter pay your own way (student loans to continue).

- Cancel HS2

- Cancel NHS "budgeting"(how do you budget when you have no idea of future expense?). Control NHS much better using people with proven & relevant management experience.

- Cancel operating licences of Google, Apple, Microsoft, Starbucks etc until last 6 years tax payments audited and ongoing tax approved.

Im definitely being swayed.

- Voting age raise to 25

- Cancel HS2

Couldn't agree with an unlimited nhs budget, I do like your sentiments though, but I believe that would open up the NHS for massive corruption. I do think with a little thought the problem could be overcome.

Add into there new laws and big fines for 'false' news, and biased coverage.

And

Remove public funding for the BBC and you have my vote too 👍

Couldn't agree with an unlimited nhs budget, I do like your sentiments though, but I believe that would open up the NHS for massive corruption. I do think with a little thought the problem could be overcome.

Add into there new laws and big fines for 'false' news, and biased coverage.

And

Remove public funding for the BBC and you have my vote too

I agree the NHS problem won't be fixed by cash only. (is that my first U turn?)

Definitely remove funding for the BBC - and insist they fire Laura Kronenburg (something like that ennit?).

Just honing the other manifesto points

- Ban inheritance tax (someone has already paid tax on it to create it?).

- No benefits if you can't apply for them in English after 3 years here.

- No cash benefits. Only vouchers. Shopkeepers swapping vouchers for non food / non essential items, jailed

- Speed limit on motorways 90mph. Caught doing 100+ licence lost one week. second time licence lost 1 month. Third time licence lost 1 year.

- Compulsory driving re-test at 70 years old, then every 3 years to 79 and then annually.

- Allow shale gas drilling

- Allow right to defend.

- People parking in disabled parking spaces without a badge - car crushed.

Am I getting the hang of this?

I agree the NHS problem won't be fixed by cash only. (is that my first U turn?)

Definitely remove funding for the BBC - and insist they fire Laura Kronenburg (something like that ennit?).

Just honing the other manifesto points

- Ban inheritance tax (someone has already paid tax on it to create it?).

- No benefits if you can't apply for them in English after 3 years here.

- No cash benefits. Only vouchers. Shopkeepers swapping vouchers for non food / non essential items, jailed

- Speed limit on motorways 90mph. Caught doing 100+ licence lost one week. second time licence lost 1 month. Third time licence lost 1 year.

- Compulsory driving re-test at 70 years old, then every 3 years to 79 and then annually.

- Allow shale gas drilling

- Allow right to defend.

- People parking in disabled parking spaces without a badge - car crushed.

Am I getting the hang of this?

You won't get my vote on your driving test thing.

1. We would'nt get enough testers.

2. Nobody could afford it.

3. We ought to look more at the under 25 women, a lot of whom must have got their licence in a raffle.

4.. the under 25 male Joe Cools who think their junk old Astra can blow off a Porsche 911.

5. Finally, I'm ******* getting there myself.

It won't really matter though as soon you won't be able to get a car on the road there won't be any room?

Whats going to happen in france.

1) "We want CHANGE, we want REFORMS, we can't CONTINUE like that, bring in Young Mr Macro who promises ALL OF THAT, this is going to be SO NICE"

2) ... next comes the reform proposals and...

3) "Hold on, when we meant CHANGE we meant, CHANGE THEM, yeah, THEM not ME! I'm fine really. Don't change ME, what's going on here!?!"

4) ...General strike comes september.

Seriously, it's been like that for 40 years. Do you think Hollande wanted to be the dreadful president he is now tagged with? He ALSO had REFORMS and CHANGE in his slogan, and for all we know, he wanted to do it too. Same as Sarkosi -- a swine, true enough, but he had CHANGE planned too.

Heck, back to Miterrand, and the slogan was even "Le Changement" -- guess what? Unemployment is still bonkers, and there haven't been any reforms to speak of -- just bandaids, then watered down bandaids paid by.... extra new taxes, all the while the civil servant caste continues trucking happily, being paid more as they get older, with extra bonuses for nothing at all -- all the while private sector and youngster can't get hired because it became so bleeping expensive to actually *fund* an employee.

Whats going to happen in france.

1) "We want CHANGE, we want REFORMS, we can't CONTINUE like that, bring in Young Mr Macro who promises ALL OF THAT, this is going to be SO NICE"

2) ... next comes the reform proposals and...

3) "Hold on, when we meant CHANGE we meant, CHANGE THEM, yeah, THEM not ME! I'm fine really. Don't change ME, what's going on here!?!"

4) ...General strike comes september.

Seriously, it's been like that for 40 years. Do you think Hollande wanted to be the dreadful president he is now tagged with? He ALSO had REFORMS and CHANGE in his slogan, and for all we know, he wanted to do it too. Same as Sarkosi -- a swine, true enough, but he had CHANGE planned too.

Heck, back to Miterrand, and the slogan was even "Le Changement" -- guess what? Unemployment is still bonkers, and there haven't been any reforms to speak of -- just bandaids, then watered down bandaids paid by.... extra new taxes, all the while the civil servant caste continues trucking happily, being paid more as they get older, with extra bonuses for nothing at all -- all the while private sector and youngster can't get hired because it became so bleeping expensive to actually *fund* an employee.

Sounds like a left wing agenda working fantastically as per usual