Tell me about the Bees and the Butterflies

7daysinaweek

In this part of the world it has been a very bad year for both. There are some bees on the verbena as I write and a couple of small brown butterflies on the scabious but that is it. Things do not look well for the second broods.

Cheers jd, yes have seen very little bees and no butterflies, usually get loads of peacocks and red admirals, wonderful things they are. The palm thingy in the fore picture flowered again this year, seems to be about every four - five years, huge fronds of great scented flowers, bees and flies love it. Many thanks.

atb

7diaw

Our budleia aren't in flower yet, normally around august when we get them in the garden, still seeing plenty out and about around the countryside especially on brambles.

Got loads of ladybirds and larve tho this year which is good for my fruit bushes.

They both have things called wings that stick out one ether side of there back what they do is make them go up and down very fast and it makes them take of and fly in the air people and dogs do not usually have these wing things so find it much harder to get of the ground. :whistling: :whistling:

AND don't be silly. There are no palm trees in Liverpool. It's far too North. It's almost up in the attic circle. I suspect that either you have been drinking heavy alcohol, Glue sniffing or they are plastic trees. The other week I went to a place that had lavender in border beds and there were literaly hundreds of butterflies on the plants.

Edited by fortune

I see time and time again assorted blue plastic 'vessels' that are left out on farms attracting and drowning bees, this morning it was old mineral lick buckets that had collected in a field corner each with an assortment of dead bees floating in the accumulated rain water.

AND don't be silly. There are no palm trees in Liverpool. It's far too North. It's almost up in the' attic circle'. I suspect that either you have been drinking heavy alcohol, Glue sniffing or they are plastic trees. The other week I went to a place that had lavender in border beds and there were literaly hundreds of butterflies on the plants.

Where's that then? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...