New Clear Pigeon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used some of the old black case ones today, tried quite a few different cartridges in the last few weeks, all 30g 6's fibre.

Old type Clear Pigeon were ok at best, I'll use em up but won't buy again. Took feathers out but they carried on going.

Eley pigeon Select weren't bad, better the Clear Pigeon.

Express special game, slightly more recoil and seemed to kill more than wound compared to the previous 2.

RC Spie Prestige (posh name) hit hard and were good.

Gamebore dark storm had the best kill rate of all I'd tried (didn't want them to be as good but was impressed with them except the price £87 a slab!)

I'm not normally a fan of all the blah blah you get with Gamebore but they genuinely seemed a good cartridge.

I used 100+ of each, obviously not a scientific test but gave me a better idea and easier to compare when there's plenty of birds about.

Used them all through the same gun with the same chokes.

I've got some new RC super nickel coming next week to try as well.

Keep up yourself, I'm asking if anyone has tried them. No-one in the last post had!

Oh so sorry, how many posts can you get on the same cartridge?

Why did YOU buy them?

Cheap?

Like a bargain?

Why oh why does everyone need some one else to tell them what suits them.

I buy what suits me, l don't care what you use honestly, gun goes bang, target falls from sky ,£160 or £300 a 1000, if l hit it it's dead prior to hitting the ground, if l miss it who gives a, lighten up.

Oh and by the way ,yes l have tried them and had runners which l have then had to walk out and give the cosh.

Oh so sorry, how many posts can you get on the same cartridge?

Why did YOU buy them?

Cheap?

Like a bargain?

Why oh why does everyone need some one else to tell them what suits them.

I buy what suits me, l don't care what you use honestly, gun goes bang, target falls from sky ,£160 or £300 a 1000, if l hit it it's dead prior to hitting the ground, if l miss it who gives a, lighten up.

Oh and by the way ,yes l have tried them and had runners which l have then had to walk out and give the cosh.

All I was asking was who had tried them and you could have answered that in your first reply rather than telling me to keep up. You never mentioned using the new ones in the last post.

I don't need someone else to tell me what suits them although you mentioned Express clay carts, but I am interested whether or not people genuinely believe that the Clear Pigeon have been improved.

Edited by Caravanman

Best cartridge gamebore have ever produced just my wallet that doesnt agree

Although Ive not tried every cartridge they have made- the speed, range and stopping power available by using extreme made clear pigeon redundant on my days out. Also they have improved my shooting skills massively, untold confidence in high fast birds that I didnt have before, resulting in some excellent sport and some jaw dropping shots.

Although Ive not tried every cartridge they have made- the speed, range and stopping power available by using extreme made clear pigeon redundant on my days out. Also they have improved my shooting skills massively, untold confidence in high fast birds that I didnt have before, resulting in some excellent sport and some jaw dropping shots.

Just how fast are the Pigeon Extreme? I'd wager they are not much different to most other shells. The 'range' you speak of should not really be much different to that of any 32gm 6.

Used the old ones and the newer version this morning I couldn't honestly tell you there is any difference, my opinion both are ok.

I bet in a blind test 99.999% of folk wouldn't be able to tell the difference, either. I think most people rate cartridges on how well they shot with them on that day.

Just how fast are the Pigeon Extreme? I'd wager they are not much different to most other shells. The 'range' you speak of should not really be much different to that of any 32gm 6.

Im using 34gm 5.

Thats what pigeon extreme are.

Edited by Me matt

I bet in a blind test 99.999% of folk wouldn't be able to tell the difference, either. I think most people rate cartridges on how well they shot with them on that day.

Motty I totally agree, I don't normally shot them loads I prefer 7.5 clay round through full choke, clear pigeon performed ok but they are what they are, a advertising campaign aimed at dazzled buyers that fall for all them gimmicks.