car tracker signal blockers

viking

a mate of mine told me tonight that a few months ago his boss put trackers in his 4 vans, as my mate was not pleased with this he claims he bought a signal blocker that plugs into his cig lighter, he doesnt use it all the time just now and again when he has an easy day and doesnt want his boss to know he is sat about doing nothing, he said that his boss just thinks it goes on the blink now and again, is this possible or is his pulling my leg :hmm::hmm:

I watched thief takers on BBC last week, it was showing one bloke had his motorbike stolen twice and got it back thanks to a tracker, and another fella had all his tree surgeon tools robbed but got them back thanks to a tracker in his big shredder.

Looked a good idea for all you fellas out there who need there tools to earn your living.

Been available for years and you can them for about £30, that's how they steal cars with trackers on now, just plug it Into the cigarette lighter and drive the car straight into a metal shipping container for export, 9/10 times the trackers Ariel is mounted under the dash behind the glovebox as they need to see the sky and a yellow pages or thick book on the dash works as well and isn't illegal

Indeed I would get any of my drivers using a jammer or ripping them out sacked no arguments at all. From an employers side used correctly they are brilliant. Mine shows locations but on top of that traffic and also street view, it means far fewer calls to chase drivers when clients call which is less stress for the driver when in traffic etc. When they call in for address help I can usually sort things between street view and a few other things and guide them in.

I'm fairly relaxed with it and open that they are fitted but you still get the odd one goes home for a few hours before clocking off and to me that's as good as theft.

There are loads of perks to the systems and you would hate my new one that is linked to the dashcam and there is a sensor in there to detect hitting kerbs etc and that flashes up.

My mate is a widow cleaner and gets his days work to do and is boss is happy with the amount he gives and gets done. Only some times he gets through his work quicker and so makes it an easier day. If he went back early he would probably get more work to do. Why would he want to do more work than he has to when his boss is happy with what he does. I can see it from both sides. But as a worker and not a boss sat at home all day doing nothing Im on my mates side of having an easier day now and again.

My mate is a widow cleaner and gets his days work to do and is boss is happy with the amount he gives and gets done. Only some times he gets through his work quicker and so makes it an easier day. If he went back early he would probably get more work to do. Why would he want to do more work than he has to when his boss is happy with what he does. I can see it from both sides. But as a worker and not a boss sat at home all day doing nothing Im on my mates side of having an easier day now and again.

If trackers are being blocked in a work environment their use is quite easily identified if the observer knows what they are looking for.

Long idling times, vans seemingly teleporting from one area to another.

It appears very different on screen than a van that has a faulty tracker.

Edited by Pumpkin

It's about productivity, what makes your mate think he should be getting paid for not working?

It's not the best business model is it.

how is it scummy,or did you just read the previous comments and then decide what side of the fence to sit on,

he sits in his van for 10-15 mins doing nothing a couple of times a day, how is that scummy, only like office workers or other people popping out for a fag or off to get a coffee, at least when he does work, he works hard

Edited by viking

turning out to be isnt it,

think ill leave it alone now i have an answer to my original question, and now all the do gooders and prim and proper folk have come along :lol:

It's not about being prim and proper, your 'mate' wants to try to get paid for not working.

I'm sure he's allowed breaks like the 'office workers', but to use this as a tool so he doesn't get given more jobs is absurd, he's paid to work like the rest of us.